• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Cure Rewards

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
this is fantastic...i knew we would get at least 2 or 3 im quitting posts if I dont get this...hehe now its up to messana to give in to the crying and make everything a drop in game..i hope this one was "planned" all along

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I handed in 911 cures on Europa and didn't get the arms. Got the other three items though.

S

soulstoner

o-m-g - I see now .... i got the same reward as if I'd only turned in "one" for over a month of planning & playing the ghegh event.... that significantly sucks deeply. Worst - prize - issue - ever....*mutters...stupid game*

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Cannot fathom why the Dev Team is intent on alienating 99% of their customers. Knew from the start the scripters and OCD driven would be top dog; and almost all of the other players would be resigned to the booby prizes, or waiting for sites to sell the arms. Why can't we turn in a SANE amount and then PICK the reward we want? Wouldn't that make a happier customer?

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well, since these haven't been in game even 24 hours yet.. i'll be the first to make a suggestion. Add a "Replica" version of them to the Harrower. It will kick start pvp if nothing else. Then the people that got them will still have something valuable.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This was such a waste of time.
Haha. Yep. To all of those who laughed at the people who complained early, I guess what can we say except told ya so ;p.

Well I got the alchy necklace, the sash, and the healer's gnarled staff. No idea how many I turned in but I thought 30 at the most.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did not turn in cures. I grew sugar for a friend.

I would like whomever thought this quest up to please explain it here. There are so few players left... and you did this.

Thank you for the interesting books. No thank you for all the gargoyle suffering text.

BigEv

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
YEP! Didnt even try this event either as for good reason for what im hearing how many people turned in huge number of cures and still couldnt get the "arms" RIDICULOUS! STUPID EVENT! :cursing: ..................................On a side note to Messana: PLEASE DONT DO THESE STUPID EVENTS LIKE THIS AGAIN! :twak:

END VENT/RANT! :gun:

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
not bothered so much that I didn't get the top prizes, what does bother me is that for 482 cures turned in we got the same gifts as a person who turned in 150.... just doesn't seem right

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wonder if the healing staff works w/ vet.

19-72 = 53
27-90 = 63

100 heal/anat, enhanced bandages but no staff.

24-97 = 73
25-94 = 69

100 heal/anat, enhanced bandages and staff.

looks as if it's working in general.

J

Joey Porter

I can see why some are upset. I did not participate so I cannot comment either way.

Is there anyone on here that enjoyed the event?

Myphsar

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
not bothered so much that I didn't get the top prizes, what does bother me is that for 482 cures turned in we got the same gifts as a person who turned in 150.... just doesn't seem right
Different shards populations V's The gap between them and top curer?

Myphsar

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can see why some are upset. I did not participate so I cannot comment either way.

Is there anyone on here that enjoyed the event?
Hey there,
I cant say i enjoyed collecting regs for this event but the end puzzles were fun and to beat/compete with any scripters and win is enjoyable. :)

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am really dense. For the life of me, I don't see how they scripted this, since its not just repetition but also variable amounts each time...call me ignorant:gee:

J

Joey Porter

I am really dense. For the life of me, I don't see how they scripted this, since its not just repetition but also variable amounts each time...call me ignorant:gee:
I was thinking the same thing so it prompted me to research scripting a bit just to see what could be done and how valid all the people complainings concerns were.

It is pretty amazing the complex commands they can do, there is also a program written by a russian dev that appears to make it possible to script about any chain of commands.

Sad

NBG

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Messana said on various shard that she would have the Devs check the fairness of the reward distribution etc and that was about 2-3 weeks ago.

So the question here is, did she just bs to the people on those shard (I was there for one instance where this was discussed) just to avoid the issue until it is too late or maybe there will be another way to get the rewards?

I am leaning more towards that we got fed a good bowl of poop and I will apologize to her in public if I am wrong but I think it is more likely that I am going to have to get the taste out of my mouth once again from another producer's delicious bs.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Uriah, read the first post in this thread: cures being scrited | Stratics Forums . It sounds like someone perhaps wrote a script that only went through the entire process of making the cures if only 1 of each ingredient was needed and otherwise pulled out the ingredients and waited for the next puzzle.

Last edited:

Myphsar

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm,
Numbers? Europa shard so far
Me 1423 - Tier 4
Odin 911 - Tier 3
Drew - 400? Tier 3

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So glad I elected not to waste my summer participating. As soon as this was discussed in vent with friends, I simply said no f'n way, waste of time.

Myphsar

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Uriah, read the first post in this thread: cures being scrited | Stratics Forums . It sounds like someone wrote a script that only went through the entire process of making the cures if only 1 of each ingredient was needed and otherwise pulled out the ingredients and waited for the next puzzle.
I would hate to imagine how long that would take as i only had that combination come up about 2 times or so in over 1.4k cures.

UOMarissa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I didn't start this particular event until July 16. I did not script, cheat or anything along that nature. I play on Napa, turned in 735 cures and was awarded with the sleeves. It has been quite the secret mission, nobody talking about how many cures they turned in. Hearing all the hype about scripters and cheaters, I didn't think I would stand a chance at top tier. Notice I didn't give up, you will never be a winner if you quit or don't participate. There are several aspects of this game that I do not like, but I accept them and move on. I never get drops at events, so was very shocked and happy to see that I was actually competitive in UO for the first time. This event was a blast!

NBG

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
scripts can run that combination over and over so getting that combination to hit is faster and easier compare to regular player.

I spent a lot of time getting the ingredients before hand but I was not able to find the time off because I had a large code dev push from work that has been kicking my butt for the past month and half.

I find it harder and harder to keep away from the scripting alternative because lets be honest, if they are keep going to do this in favor of scriptors, why are we the players trying to defend against scripting? I have never scripted in the 15 years of my UO experience and it is not because my lack of ability to be able to write and run them.

I still have not decided yet but when the standards set by the dev always kind of push the scripting issue to the side and pretend it does not exist in this game or play the we will pretend that we will do something and just string them along game, I am running out of arguments to keep myself from switching my stance.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks Tina, I can understand that. I thought they were scripting them all the way to the end, not just one shot and dump start over thing.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would hate to imagine how long that would take as i only had that combination come up about 2 times or so in over 1.4k cures.
I tried making cures on Origin one day, my first attempt at it. I think I lost the ingredients on a couple of tries and managed to pull them out on maybe 2 or 3, so in all maybe 5 or 6 failed attempts. Went to another table, put in one of each ingredient, and before I knew what had happened, I had a cure. I stopped then and there. So yeah, I can say I got that combination in 1 out of 6 tries. Doesn't mean much.

Myphsar

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tried making cures on Origin one day, my first attempt at it. I think I lost the ingredients on a couple of tries and managed to pull them out on maybe 2 or 3, so in all maybe 5 or 6 failed attempts. Went to another table, put in one of each ingredient, and before I knew what had happened, I had a cure. I stopped then and there. So yeah, I can say I got that combination in 1 out of 6 tries. Doesn't mean much.
I guess the RNG just hates me then :(

Gorbs

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If they're smart they have been tracking cure generation and hand in from the beginning and will bring the hammer down on the most egregious scripters. That would be the only plausible design I can come up with for such a system as this.

Ron Silverbeard

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Oh boy. Sometimes it really feels sad to be right after all. As one of the cure-boycotters ("let them die!!!") I am far from feeling "schadenfreude" (malicious joy). I have compassion with you.

What should they do now? Make these gloves a token for $ 9.99, HAHAHAA!
Schadenfreude sounds great - if they add that stuff to Origin.com you can PM me and i get them for you ALL ;)

Ron Silverbeard

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
I dont realy have seen anything so good as reward to do this quest so i am realy realy realy happy i did not participate - this items will anyway stay in some museums and the 1st tier items will be sold soon anyway...and on the next IDOC day we are going to grab a few of them anyway...just have to wait...also wait for a better ARC that might come up - something that maybe needs a TON of people fight togehter, not for 30 mins, for 30 DAYS or something - INVASION TIME come on Dev's....just...do...it!

Sinder Shayde

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I turned in 310 cures and received tier 3. (amulet, stick, sash)
I know I should be happy to have received anything at all but come on, the work that was put into this and the many "wasted hours"..seems totally pointless . this so called game, is starting to feel a lot like "WORK"..maybe U.O. should start paying us !! :rant2:

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Invasions have never been fun man..look what the Brit invasion did...made everyone go to Luna..and they've never left granted Luna is easier to get to there's vendors and pretty much everything that you need..so maybe that was a bad example..invasions shouldn't be events it just should be there...Brit invaded by undead from the depths of the Brit graveyard..this should be random everyone gets an in game message via heralds chat and heck send emails to all accounts associated with that shard..asking for a lot probably lol...

claudia-fjp

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I log in today. I had turned in 1 cure on a gargoyle character and wanted a deed with that name from queen Zhah on it. Got it, was quite happy. Log onto my main that I turned in all the rest with. The one I grew 2 cycles of plants with, farmed mats with, bought mats with. Normal game play. Nothing crazy like multiple hundreds of cures no idea how many I eventually turned in. You know, a normal reasonable effort. I checked often and few people were ever there turning in cure. I figured the distribution would be fair to the players.

Am I disappointed I didn't get sleeves? No. I'm foaming at the mouth because I didn't even get the necklace or the staff. That's right, I got just a sash. The same reward as the character who turned in a measly 1 cure. WTF? I coulda saved myself weeks and hours of wasted time by turning in 1 cure on all my characters and gotten a dozen more sashes...

SlobberKnocker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
735 cures on napa... wow. how many game hours would you estiimate this took. doing this legitimately as you say i wonder how your eyesight is and when will you schedule your carpal tunnel surgery.

also im sitting here sorta laughing about people pancakes about the work this took. key word being work as this is a game.

i didnt participate. the sleeves were the main prize and i knew there was no way to attain them given my play schedule. could care less about the other stuff, just shinies.

this was so poorly thought out. might be the ultimate grindfest this game has ever seen. i'd say those sleeves could be a 250-300 million gold item, given the scarcity of them.

way to go dev's. horrible.

as archie bunker use to say. "ppppffffffffffffffffffftttttttttttttttt"

SlobberKnocker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I log in today. I had turned in 1 cure on a gargoyle character and wanted a deed with that name from queen Zhah on it. Got it, was quite happy. Log onto my main that I turned in all the rest with. The one I grew 2 cycles of plants with, farmed mats with, bought mats with. Normal game play. Nothing crazy like multiple hundreds of cures no idea how many I eventually turned in. You know, a normal reasonable effort. I checked often and few people were ever there turning in cure. I figured the distribution would be fair to the players.

Am I disappointed I didn't get sleeves? No. I'm foaming at the mouth because I didn't even get the necklace or the staff. That's right, I got just a sash. The same reward as the character who turned in a measly 1 cure. WTF? I coulda saved myself weeks and hours of wasted time by turning in 1 cure on all my characters and gotten a dozen more sashes...
this reminds me of that famous p.t. barnum quote about suckers.... not to impugn your hard work sir.

claudia-fjp

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
this reminds me of that famous p.t. barnum quote about suckers.... not to impugn your hard work sir.
I never called it work, I have a job, but you're absolutely right, I do feel like a sucker for thinking for 1 minute they would actually get something right for a change when so much evidence points to the contrary. :(

Last edited:

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I had the 1 of each combination 7 times out of the 913 I made, kept 2.

So was there only 1 lot of arms per shard?

UOMarissa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well SlobberKnocker, I grew my own vanilla and sugar. Once I would harvest daily I would gather the other ingredients and go to the tables. I probably did 50 cures on the days I did it, except last night I went from 655 to 735. I used Assist to set up macros to put in one of each ingredient, then a macro for the heater and another for the tongs. I play ALL the time, alot of hours a day, but to be honest I am moving in real life and didn't have as much time. Had I had the time my numbers would have been higher. I enjoy puzzles and sadly enough I still kill graverobbers, it is fun! I also use a Nostromo, so my button clicking is at a minimum. There was nothing "hard" about this quest, just time consuming killing the slimes...my least favorite part. When I gave up last night, I still had 400 sugar, 250 vanilla and 119 slime....I ran out of yeast.

SlobberKnocker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
your a better person than i am marissa. even with uo assist.

so this proves what many have been saying since this events inception. if you couldnt commit a large amount of time to this event, fairly or unfairly you had no chance to obtain the top reward.

unfortunately as a family man who works and comes home to 3 children and a wife who puts up with me i knew going in i never had that chance.

NBG

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I write codes for a living and when I get off work, I really want to play the game to relax but instead this event dangles that might carrot right in front of me. I was spending 1 hour or so growing plants, another hour killing stuff to get seeds and another hour to collect other ingredient on a daily basis by hand for 3 hours (It sure feels like work !!).

So just when I spent all that time gathering the ingredients and believe me I was prepared but real life threw a wrench straight at my head when I was told that my project needs to be accelerated and my time to turn the ingredients into cure became none existent so I had to give up on the hope of getting the sleeves. Does it suck? Yes. Is there someone out there to blame? probably not but dev's stupid idea that they thought was "GROUND BREAKING" does not help the situation either.

This is not the first time that an event has kicked me in the nuts but this is definitely the FIRST event that left me feel violated when it comes to work versus reward. All I can say to the devs is :pie:thanks for the biggest waste of my time in a long time. Next time you guys want to pull crap like again, I will make sure to bring extra gasoline and matches because I want to make sure someone gets burned for it if it happens again.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yeah, I've heard a lot of this from many shards now. Turn in 5 and get tier 2, turn in 100-500 for tier 3, 700+ for tier 4.

GL had 11 characters turn in roughly the same amount (between 150 and 200) because we wanted to make sure a large group would set the curve. We all got tier 3...

Since I KNOW nobody on GL made more than 300ish on one char (definitely not 700+, as you'd have to be there for hours a day for many days), I think it's rather apparent that the publish notes lied. There must have been "hidden" scaled thresholds for each tier...or, even worse, ONE person really COULD screw over an entire shard. WTG Mythic!

"Fun" event FAIL. :thumbdown:

Can I say it??? Yes I have too.

Told you so! Glad VERY glad I didn't waste my time with that BS. Knew it was going to be a load of.... BULL.

So anyway you got your Tier 3 thinggy...

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i wonder why anyone would have to use that staff for anyway.... waiting now on devs to show us numbers of cures ... we want names too and number of sleeves distributed not just numbers of cures by shard !!

Bon Iver

Rares Fest Host | Atl Sept 2011 & June 2013
Stratics Veteran
I knew I should have just used this event to gain profit from farming materials.
What am I going to do with all of this sugar now?
Anyone up for baking mass quantities of cookies?