• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Cu Sidhe abilities

G

Hey all,

I've recently tamed a Cu Sidhe and I'm currently in the process of training him up, very impressed so far and he's doing well but I do have a few questions if anyone knows and would be so kind.

1) Their healing/anatomy skills seem to work the same as players as far as curing poison ect are concerned from what I can tell.
Question is are there any other similarities, such as damage reducing their healing and healing failing, they do seem to fail to cure sometimes when lower in skill.
Also any idea if they have a chance to fail a heal when not at high skill levels? I thought I may have seen that before but it may just be a delay in them starting to heal at times.

2) I've read conflicting reports about them being able to ress people or themselves if they started a bandage on themselves or you before the death occurs, can anyone clear this up?
Haven't had a chance to test this since my Cu's anatomy passed 81+ but they do seem to try and heal you even when dead.

3) One thing I've noticed is sometimes he'll heal himself back up to full health after a fight but occasionally he wont, any idea what triggers this or not?
Same goes for healing me from what I can gather, most of the time he will heal me once then stop, running around a bit or away from him and back seems to get him to heal me again, again slighly strange.
Just trying to clear up how close to players in terms of the healing and anatomy skills Cu Sidhe's are tbh, especially concerning interupts and skill failing.

One last quick question, any idea what determines how much their base bleed damage hits for before resists? Is it based on their strength or a % of a hit, kind of similar to dragons fire breath but without the hp connection.
On the otherhand perhaps this is the same damage range for all Cu's, if anyone knows that would be great.

So that's all, I'm not expecting people to have the answers to all of these but if anyone would care to share what they know and have observed that would be great.

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can answer some of your questions. No, they can not rez their owner but they can heal their owner. On a few occasions, after the fight has ended, the pet will not heal themselves all the way. Mine usally does though, as I'm running around looking for the next kill.

You don't get a message of healing failing, but they do heal different amounts, depending on what they are fighting and how many they are fighting at the same time.

You might find more detailed answers with a search of the forum when they were first introduced into the game.

G

Thanks for the reply, I couldn't find any other info on the forum regarding this but I'll have to keep a close eye on my Cu.

UncleSham

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i believe they lose their bleed ability once tamed . ive never seen mine do it . altho i may be wrong . someone correct me if i am please . rune beetles retain their poison and armor corrupt . super dragons retain their bleed , so i spose its possable and my cus have just been lazy , but ive owned a few cus ... never seen a bleed

G

Mine uses it's bleed attack often, you should be able to see it fairly easy, blood everywhere and the distinctive bleeding sound effect and slow dot damage numbers over the target.
It's probably just your Cu being lazy.

A

Antion_Vallin

While hunting Arctic Ogre Lords in KR I became overloaded with too much gold (was unsure on how to split the gold into seperate piles) and couldn't move. The Ogre had me targeted and almost killed me, but my Cu Sidhe who was attacking the Ogre kept me healed.

UncleSham

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*raises eyebrow*
indeed ...

ill have to watch him closer and see
(we may have to have a talk about his attitude)

*frowns at the bad doggy*

thats it mister , iether your bleed improves or no vorpal bunnies for a week

I

imported_revenant2

<blockquote><hr>

Kudos the healing is triggered by the cu sidhe getting hit. Just target it and hit it once yourself or let it get hit by something and he'll start healing again. Remember the hit doesn't have to do damage it just has to get hit.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wonder if this is a bug or if it was intended to work this way. Does anyone who was around back when Cu Sidhes were introduced recall what might have been said about it?