• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

CU Question

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I have a very good friend (scary I know, lol) and they have a very old cu. This cu dates back to the very early days of the cu's first spawning. This cu is also very special, to them and in general, so much so, it has over 600hp! They haven't done anything with this cu, no training whatsoever. And yet this cu is a 3 slot cu. My friend swears up and down, backwards and forwards that they did not do a release/retame before the slot jumping patch went into effect. But when I saw the cu, I noticed 2 things, 1 this cu was not bonded and 2 all the combat skills were exactly 70.0. I say they did and they keep saying they'd never do such a thing as they feel that action was illegal and would never do an illegal act. Personally, I'd never do such a thing either but I did the release/retame thing before the slot jumping fix went in.
So, the question is, do they need to worry? I personally think they are over thinking this, and just roll with it. But they seem to think that fix actually caused the cu to not only lose the bond but also caused the skills to be reduced. They also think they may not have skilled the cu up like they at first thought, but I have to ask, how did that cu wind up with all combat skills at exactly 70.0?

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I have a very good friend (scary I know, lol) and they have a very old cu. This cu dates back to the very early days of the cu's first spawning. This cu is also very special, to them and in general, so much so, it has over 600hp! They haven't done anything with this cu, no training whatsoever. And yet this cu is a 3 slot cu. My friend swears up and down, backwards and forwards that they did not do a release/retame before the slot jumping patch went into effect. But when I saw the cu, I noticed 2 things, 1 this cu was not bonded and 2 all the combat skills were exactly 70.0. I say they did and they keep saying they'd never do such a thing as they feel that action was illegal and would never do an illegal act. Personally, I'd never do such a thing either but I did the release/retame thing before the slot jumping fix went in.
So, the question is, do they need to worry? I personally think they are over thinking this, and just roll with it. But they seem to think that fix actually caused the cu to not only lose the bond but also caused the skills to be reduced. They also think they may not have skilled the cu up like they at first thought, but I have to ask, how did that cu wind up with all combat skills at exactly 70.0?
What are the hit points and mana?

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I only glanced at the first page, I recall seeing something like 640 or so for the hit points.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I only glanced at the first page, I recall seeing something like 640 or so for the hit points.
I could be wrong, but I don't EVER remember a time when Cu's spawned/tamed with 640 HP's tamed. In my opinion, that, plus the fact that all the skills are EXACTLY 70.0 tells me something is "VERY odd" about that cu. Also, all "old" Cu's were all 4 slots and I don't think they "reset" to 3 slots. Because a Guild mate had some, and they were all still 4 slots when she took them out of the stable.

Last edited:

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
. But when I saw the cu, I noticed 2 things, 1 this cu was not bonded and 2 all the combat skills were exactly 70.0. I say they did and they keep saying they'd never do such a thing as they feel that action was illegal and would never do an illegal act. Personally, I'd never do such a thing either but I did the release/retame thing before the slot jumping fix went in.
overthinking.

and that's telltale signs of releasing and retaming, which of course worked after patch 97 to get a pre-97 CU to drop to 3 slot.

I wouldn't be worrying about it at this point.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If someone pushed the button before the patch that caused the old ones to stay at 4 slots, It would have stayed at 3 slots. That is all someone would have had to have done to Hiryus, Beetles, or Cus to have kept them from increasing slots.

Releasing and retaming to get it to go from 4 to 3 was not a bad thing. The skills were 100, they dropped to 70% of what they were.

Even if the HP is 640 thats not but 40 over what many are. But that part is odd if true. Prob was 540.

Help them make a nice pet from their old friend.

Last edited:

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
overthinking.

and that's telltale signs of releasing and retaming, which of course worked after patch 97 to get a pre-97 CU to drop to 3 slot.

I wouldn't be worrying about it at this point.

Year ago, i believe, but don't quote me on this, there was something with barding? and cus that they would tame with over 600 health? I don't know the details of what people were doing so i cannot comment on it.
This cu was for as long as I've known them, had that high of a hit point, and I've been back to UO 7 or so years now. I came back when WoW was going to get pandas, so however long ago that was is when I came back. It was not anything with barding, this cu is that high naturally with HP.

I left them a message saying in a nutshell, "keep her, train her, enjoy her. Otherwise, I'll buy her and give her a good home". I'm really hoping they keep her, that cu when trained up will be an amazing pet