• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Cu Advice

Nyxx

Adventurer
Hi all,

I have a 600hp stat Cu...Should i go Ai/Chiv or just Ai?

Whats the difference? Explanations on which is better and why?

Thanks

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What Server?

Do this: Linky

Cant go wrong.

Last edited:

Nyxx

Adventurer
Hi Pawain, following your points allocation, how much points is left for HP if I do all 120 with HPR and MR max, with 5 SR? Thanks

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
over 600 is fine, make sure you have 370 int, Pawain doesn't like maxing a pets mana regen capabilties in his guides for people.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
over 600 is fine, make sure you have 370 int, Pawain doesn't like maxing a pets mana regen capabilties in his guides for people.
Read it. After you do the first mandatory things I say add remaining points to Intel or Mana. A 120d Cu with an ability and a magic has 280 points leftover in the last round. I stopped the building guide at 4 slot. They can decide where those 280 points are placed. :p

I don't add HP to Cus until the last round and the rest of the important stuff is at caps.

Nyxx

Adventurer
Thanks for the posts guys. I was going to squeeze in 700 Hp though only have 326 Int, instead i'll follow your advice and drop hp a bit to get 370 Int.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks for the posts guys. I was going to squeeze in 700 Hp though only have 326 Int, instead i'll follow your advice and drop hp a bit to get 370 Int.
When you get used to using it, 600HP is plenty. Did you put Stam regen on?

tammy

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
ugh the links dont go anywhere and im stuck on a build. where do i go to find a basic build?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Here:

Last round Max base damage per second.
Then choose abiliities and Magic.
Scrolls
a couple hundred points for wherever.

Note to all: Search the sub forum with the title of the link you want to find.

Elessar

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
Tammy, if you encounter an older link on these forums which doesn't work, like those earlier in this thread, add "community" to the URL in front of stratics. So instead of "Stratics Central - MMORPG Strategy and Statistics" it would be "Stratics Community Forums". Just click the link, which will go to a "dead" page, and then edit the URL there directly and refresh your browser.

For those less experienced tamers out there, like me, I believe the prevailing theory is that huge mana pools are not as important as mana regen. In longer fights (anything that really challenges the tamer and pet), the pet will blow through their initial mana pool pretty quickly with chiv/AI. At that point, mana regen is the key to sustained damage. Intellect is a part of overall mana regen, along with MR (of course), focus, and meditation. It also doesn't cost a lot of training points to raise, so after maxing out strength and dexterity, it usually makes sense to max out intellect for this mana regen component. For a cu, that means strength = 700, dexterity = 150, and intellect = 370. Anything that helps with mana regen will allow you to utilize a slightly smaller mana pool and still be very effective.

This didn't click with me at first, so I have some early pets with enormous mana pools and HP that's probably too low.