• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[BUG] CTD's ("crash to desktop") Since the Last Big Patch

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I've been getting an unusual number of crashes since (I think) the last patch. I almost never crash, but I had one yesterday, and two more today. They were hard crashes to desktop with no error messages.

And no, I'm not running anything that hacks the data-stream or memory locations - in other words, nothing illegal. Just the usual mouse and keyboard software, anti-virus, etc.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been getting an unusual number of crashes since (I think) the last patch. I almost never crash, but I had one yesterday, and two more today. They were hard crashes to desktop with no error messages.

And no, I'm not running anything that hacks the data-stream or memory locations - in other words, nothing illegal. Just the usual mouse and keyboard software, anti-virus, etc.

Is anyone else experiencing this?
I have not played much the last few days, iam a bit boored of the sad spell plague in PvP and the booring content in PvE.

With the new treasure chests i will see. But everytime it crashes to the desktop a report of your crash is send to mythic so Supreem or any other client developer can and i hope would look at.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I have them every so often and it seems to be when i am moving and run a macro then when i click on the screen it will occasionally crash to desk top
I have tried to reproduce it but i am not getting something right

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I have them every so often and it seems to be when i am moving and run a macro then when i click on the screen it will occasionally crash to desk top
I have tried to reproduce it but i am not getting something right
Ya, it seems to happen when I am moving, and with the way I have my UI set up I interact a lot with my desktop.

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ya, it seems to happen when I am moving, and with the way I have my UI set up I interact a lot with my desktop.
How can you reproduce it?

Interacting with Windows desktop or UO desktop?

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
How can you reproduce it?

Interacting with Windows desktop or UO desktop?
UO desktop. You've seen my desktop, I'm always clicking hotbars, especially in pvp. But I can't reproduce it. It happened twice yesterday, but it hasn't happened today.