• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Lumberjacking] crystal shards...

Sir Morder

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i've read that it's possible to get these from lumberjacking trees. I've chopped away from a few hours and not gotten any. I've tried around the royal city and a couple other places and still none. My lumberjacker is a garg too. Was there any truth to this or is the only place the discarded spawn?

G

Gelf

ya u can get them. although i use an elf because of the higher chance to get special resources. usually i get 1 every 15-20 trees. u do have to be gm though

Mark Trail

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got crystal shards near Royal City. Is it only in Ter Mur that you get them, or can you get crystal shards in Trammel too?

Saem question for mining, can you get crystalline blackrock in Trammel or Fel?

S

shawnee6d

You have to be in Tel Mur, don't have to be a Gargoyle, nor do you have to be at GM. My elf lumber jack got one within five minutes, but then I didn't get another after at least an hour or more of lumber jacking non-stop. I'm guessing you might get more chances at GM level, which I'm now at, but haven't been back to try (still looking for the illusive rare wood trees that you can only get at GM). In general, I've found that there's a boat load you don't get at all until you hit GM lumber jacking. It'd be interesting to get one of those +5 hatchets to see how that effects chances at rare resources.

By the way, I ran accross a minor (not a gargoyle) whose only reason at all for mining in TelMur was for blackrock. He was GM, elf and said he was getting a fair number of them. So they probalby work the same as crystalls and such.