• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

General Crystal Portal Not Working!

Sinful Obsession

Lady Holiday DeLight
Stratics Veteran
Ello there,

I have a problem here with my crystal portal not working! I run a vendor house and small library and for some odd reason the crystal portal in the house is not working! Yes i have check the settings and Yes i have it on the floor and Yes I have moved it to other my other Vendor house and it wont work there either. I just tested it and it seems i have to have it 4 tiles away from any of the vendors. Is there a way you can fix this please! I like to have the crystal portal out in the open so everyone can use it. Thank you for your help!

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I had the exact same problem with my crystal portal but it was only one character that was affected. My other chars can use the same portal no problem. And the affected char can use other portals. I am stumped by this one.

Sinful Obsession

Lady Holiday DeLight
Stratics Veteran
I had the exact same problem with my crystal portal but it was only one character that was affected. My other chars can use the same portal no problem. And the affected char can use other portals. I am stumped by this one.
Well I asked some friends to try it out when i had it in the first spot and it didn't work for them either. But when i moved it 4 spaces from the vendors it works for everyone!

SunWolf

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tried it in classic client and in enhanced and it didn't work till she moved it back 4 spaces away from any vendor.

Misk

UO QA Lead
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Well I asked some friends to try it out when i had it in the first spot and it didn't work for them either. But when i moved it 4 spaces from the vendors it works for everyone!
So far I have been unable to replicate this problem in any of my tests. Would you perhaps have an image of the home and where the portal was placed inside the home?

Sinful Obsession

Lady Holiday DeLight
Stratics Veteran
I have moved them away from the vendors. I can try to move them back and see if they still work or not when I get on after dinner.

Misk

UO QA Lead
VIP
Stratics Veteran
I have moved them away from the vendors. I can try to move them back and see if they still work or not when I get on after dinner.
If they are still not working could you provide a picture of their location in relation to the vendor(s). If you are unable to provide a picture please send me a PM so that we can arrange a time that we might visit your house and take a closer look at the problem.

Sinful Obsession

Lady Holiday DeLight
Stratics Veteran
I just move them back to where i had then before and got someone else to try them out.. they are now working next to the vendor. I guess they had fixed them in one of the patches. I will let you know if they stop working again. Thank you for your help. =)