• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Macefighting] Crushing Blow

• Thread starter Sevin0oo0
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
S

Sevin0oo0

Didn't know if this thread would be better here or in Craftsman

Just started playing this special, actually swords w/ UBWS on the item.

"Also known as the Haymaker, this attack increases the damage done by a weapon reaching its mark by 50%. Additional damage is applied as physical damage." (I think capped, or something at 100%)

Another thread/post reminded me of useless weapon mods (ie. high mana leech when the specials will never be used). So I'm picking weapons best suited for me and trashing the rest, instead of modding them up and wasting mod slots.

is this 50% Base damage? I had 25DI gloves, this is a slayer weapon w/ hit fireball, and only got ~15% extra (but that could have been just a fireball). Don't remember if a 20DI talisman was equipped.
Is this really a waste?
Does the slayer property negate the 50% right off the bat?

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Didn't know if this thread would be better here or in Craftsman

Just started playing this special, actually swords w/ UBWS on the item.

"Also known as the Haymaker, this attack increases the damage done by a weapon reaching its mark by 50%. Additional damage is applied as physical damage." (I think capped, or something at 100%)

Another thread/post reminded me of useless weapon mods (ie. high mana leech when the specials will never be used). So I'm picking weapons best suited for me and trashing the rest, instead of modding them up and wasting mod slots.

is this 50% Base damage? I had 25DI gloves, this is a slayer weapon w/ hit fireball, and only got ~15% extra (but that could have been just a fireball). Don't remember if a 20DI talisman was equipped.
Is this really a waste?
Does the slayer property negate the 50% right off the bat?
Damage increase from items and damage increase from modifiers are 2 separate things. Damage increase from items is capped at 100 and counts towards your base damage that is displayed in your stat window. For a pvm char, make sure it is as close to 100 as you can get.
Things like slayers, eoo, perfection can increase that base damage by certain percentage. From my experience, crushing blow and some other stuff also does this.

Your question suggests that you miss some knowledge here, please read this thread to understand that stuff better http://vboards.stratics.com/uhall/256445-damage-increase-clearing-some-bad-fof-advice.html

S

Sevin0oo0

Thank you Klapauc. You're very kind - i've been playing since Tram, but I'm actually missing a Lot of knowledge, things that before I never had the time to study. I've read that link before, guess I didn't get it (i'm a little slow), got it book marked.
again, thanks, and thank you for the link