• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Credit Card Declined

Etrigran

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I was unable to log into my account on Monday. The email was for the above. I called my CC first they said no payments declined in their records. I followed the links the email provided ea.help, and am unable to log in. Can someone tell me what I'm missing or what steps need to be taken? Is there a phone number? Help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your have to battle with customer support about this one.

[email protected]

I would strongly suggest getting a game time code for the time being if your worried about loosing house etc. I had a similar problem with not being able to enter my new credit cards expiry date. This was back in 2012. I'm s till having to buy (more expensive) gametime to this very day.

Not to put a downer on things but don't hold on for customer service.

Etrigran

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Thank you for your responses. D I'll try that. Petra, I tried the link, the links on that page are dead ends. Is there a number or another way to contact. I've gotten an 866 number for EA over the weekend.
I get nowhere at the Mythic Bioware site. It recognizes my account and even links it to my email. But doesn't recognize my password.
Again any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:( sorry. Links updated.
It was the main info on the page I meant might help, remove the credit card info and re enter it. I didn't realise you were unable to log in to the account management site

Varingian

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Had the exact same issue a month ago. I resolved mine but changing my billing to a different CC entirely. Very annoying issue. A perfectly good card that has been used for years to pay account subscription....and suddenly it doesn't work. Good luck and I would be curious how you are able to resolve.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Etrigran

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
An update.
Contacted EA, only number I could find. Waited about 13 min for a human to answer. Basically said they couldn't help me it was a mythinc issue. "How do I contact them?" The person had no answer. Had to chuckle. Problem is on the mythic site even though they recgnize my email they do not recognize the password. Where to from here?
DJAD, still waiting on a reply from the email you suggested.
Varinqian, I've only 1 credit card, but that seems a reasonable remedy for others to take.
All this on the day that ea makes the news as still the worst company in terms of customer support. I'm not bitter, but am missing the game. This hits me in the season where I play less anyway. I stand to loose 2 houses, not huge thing really. But a sad end if it is. Considering I started with Ultima 1 on a C-64 and played until they no longer released it for that machine. By Fall time, I will either be back or this will just be a real pleasant memory of the last 13 years.
Again if anyone can help me with the mythic issue I'd appreciate it. But the weather is improving. Get outside!
-Etrigran