• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Creature Feature #3: The Vile Lich

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Elyssar

The undead walk among us, and one of the nastiest among them is the lich. The rewakened corpses of evil mages seek to cast adventurers into the darkness of death. They are quite adept at it, too, for sometimes even high levels of magic resistance do naught against their spells.

Liches frequently spawn in cemetaries, such as the ones at Moonglow and Cove. They also live in dungeons, such as Deceit, Fire, Covetous, and the city of Wind. There is an overland spawn of them in Britannia at the Forest of Passion near Yew.

They can cast seventh circle spells with ease, and often cast a powerful spell right before they die, such as flamestrike, energy bolt, or explosion. They drop 250-300 gold, scrolls, magic wands/staves, jewels, and magic items. Liches can carry weapons that do damage against humanoids, repond weapons. They also drop level 3 treasure maps, however sometimes they will be cheap and it will be a level one. (Note: anyone without cartography can ATTEMPT to decode a level one map. Simply double click it and if you DON'T get the message "This map is too difficult to attempt to read" then it is a level one. How simple could it be?)

Liches have the most hideous, mocking laugh. If you gate into Covetous all alone, you will hear it as you look at a black and white screen and wonder just how that happened. Liches can hit a melee blow of 20 points. Parry helps against this, but if parry fails then you are still dealt a painful blow. Liches can do great damage to pets as well, and enough liches can easily kill a nightmare.

S

Socko

as a near gm mage, i hate lichs. They have only 250 gold, and are harder to kill than demon. I blame the miners, they arm these beasties trying to silence my voice.

Alas my foe, it shall never be silenced. They always seem to me that they get you to a low hp, they are most likely to flamestrike you to finish you off.

I provoked a lich on a demon, the demon won, but it was in fly away mode.

<font color=red>Zeyke the Hermit</font color=red>
<font color=blue>Chesapeak Legend</font color=blue>
<font color=green> Baja Seer of Justice </font color=green>

<font color=blue>Ape </font color=blue> of <font color=red>God </font color=red>
<font color=purple>founder of OLA Ostard Liberation Army </font color=purple>

S

Shikandra

My mare can kill liches much more quickly than she kills daemons, but she usually needs more healing from that short battle....many is the time that a lich has killed me due to my own miscalculations, and to add insult to injury they loot your body when you fall!

<center><font color=red>*Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus*</font color=red></center>
<center><font color=blue>"Never Tickle a Sleeping Dragon"</font color=blue></center>

T

Toni

Their magery is very powerful, I once went to cove and tried to kill one with my kirin trough the fence, I got a con lost and when returned my kirin was only with a few hp left!. Their mana pool is sometimes very large, i've seen some of them cast 3 flamestrikes withouth time to breaht. I use them to begin to train my kirin and my warrior magic resist.

W

WolfZbane

They don't spawn in Moonglow anymore. *sobs*
The only places they spawn overland are Cove cem and the Yew spawn.
I remember that I once meleed one. My 60's swords and a magic reflection brought it to half it's health before he slaughtered me. But that was a long time ago...

Wolfsbane

W

Wulf of LS

For the daemon vs lich, Liches do massive damage in melee and magic but lack the total hp to make the among the strongest. They can be killed quickly enough with a mare but can hurt a fresh tamed one quite a bit if it can get off a few spells. I've lost more than one mare to liches are after losing con. :( But after losing one i decided to get a drag. My first and only drag which is still slaughter LL's and got plenty revenge on those liches. Oh, and since we are talkign about casting. Once a air elly exploded/FS my bros warrior with one of best timings i've seen. Dropped him almost 40hp. Might have been more if he had more to lose. :)

Go ahead and say it, everyone is using it, twink.

W

Wulf of LS

Weren't the liches that spawned in the glow cementery in pre uo:r days weaker then they are today. I remember killing them with some really weak warriors. w/o silver.

Go ahead and say it, everyone is using it, twink.

W

WolfZbane

Well, I think liches in general were weaker than the ones walking around now, not just the ones that spawned in Moonglow.

Wolfsbane

T

Toni

They still spawn in the moonglow cemetary, but only in feluca (at least in drachenfels). I was here a few minutes ago and saw it. :)

E

Elyssar

Historical note: liches were beefed up GREATLY due to people whining about people camping them on the UO.com boards. Liches were "too easy" and any newbie had a shot at making gold. So they increased their total HP, their melee, and eval. (Not sure about magery.) On test center a lich once struck my friend's warrior with GM resist with an energy bolt that ripped off 90 points...then one melee strike and he was dead.

P

Pismier

Lichs are a peace of cake for dexers with anything over silver might
Lich lords are, i find easyer as they dont unload the flamestrike so much

<font color=blue>Tamer of Europa</font color=blue>

<font color=blue><a target="_blank" href=http://hometown.aol.co.uk/drivebyed/myhomepage/aboutme.html>Guide To Having Fun Wth The Lesser Beasts of Sosaria</a></font color=blue>

D

Dobby!

in deceit i was running from about 5 lichs and died.. then seconds later my puremare died too=(
it was my very first puremare too!!

D

Dk_Legion

Lichs are cool
Lichs rock
Lichs really do hurt me a lot

Remember that lichs are the happiest creatures in the game, there always laughing! and they always get the loot, i think that LL's loot should be increased as an LL owned 2 elder gazers i proved on it in ishywillyswishynalor bear in mind an elder gazers loot and a ll's loot. totally wrong lichs tend to use tried and tested PvP combos like Explosion, ebolt, poison, FS repeat till there 400+ mana pool is empty, here are the lichs stats from Sphere
Str 250 325
Dex 55 90
Int 390 450
Magaery 75 89
Eval 50 75
wrestle 75 89
tactics 85 95
anatomy 65
meditation 20 35
i really love lichs all the same :)

<font color=purple> One Day the nightmares shall come, they do for everyone, but on that day only the ones who have the purple will sleep safely </font color=purple>
/php-bin/shared/images/icons/spin.gif DO NOT UNDERSTIMATE THE POWER OF PURPLE /php-bin/shared/images/icons/spin.gif

A

AlienGod14

Doh, I missed number two, oh well.
Lich's are cool. I find them great loot cause of the great quantity one can find of them and their amazingly large supply of id wands. I used to use a surpassingly acc, silver of force scimitar on the ones in deciet. That was amazingly easy. Now I use regular silver broads in yew forests, makes it more challening with more resist gains( gotta love those), but a lot more dangerous. I normaly die every 30 or so of them because in that amount, there tends to appear a "super" lich. These are the ones that combo lots, and have a lot of their skills maxed out. With only 65 resist, they tend to administer the OooOOoOOOoO treatment often. Anyone else notice a super lich here and there?
And is it Lich or Liche, people spell them lich and the spawning name and stuff says lich, but the corpse says, a liche's corpse? I'm confused.

T

TehRuck

Lich lords, against a GM lumberjacker with a silver vanq axe, die rather quickly.

S

Socko

Poster: TehRuck
Subject: Re: Creature Feature #3: The Vile Lich

Lich lords, against a GM lumberjacker with a silver vanq axe, die rather quickly.

True but how many people have silver vanq axes. Also, if you die, not many people would res a warrior with a silver vanq ax, cause they want to l00+ it.

<font color=red>Zeyke the Hermit</font color=red>
<font color=blue>Chesapeak Legend</font color=blue>
<font color=green> Baja Seer of Justice </font color=green>

<font color=blue>Ape </font color=blue> of <font color=red>God </font color=red>
<font color=purple>founder of OLA Ostard Liberation Army </font color=purple>

M

maria 2k

For a brief time when i first started coming across liches in Wind, I actually found them amusing. The burning flamestrikes and their staff of human whacking wasn't all that great but there was just something about that maniacal laugh and the way their hair looks that just used to give me the giggles all the time. I kept trying to think of some way that maybe me and the liches could live in peace but they don't seem interested in peace. During these days, I actually found fighting liches to be harder than fighting daemons. Back during that time I was also EXTREMELY slow and at times couldn't even outrun lich. Taking a couple flamestrikes and staff hits would easily put me in the under 10hp range.

Times changed and I've been taking my warrior out to fight them with silver. She had lj for awhile which destroyed liches in 3 hits max. With her macing she does it in about 5-6 hits. I like getting the resist gains but for me if lich fights go on too long, sooner or later the flamestrike/poison/staff hit combo works a little too well. I got bored with ripping liches and went looking for a lich lord. I got so much advice against trying to take on a lich lord from my friends but I was bored with the ease of killing liches. The irony of my lich lord trip was that I tried to fight a lich lord but he staggered off past me ignoring me while a pack of "easy" liches nuked me.

For the time being, I'll continue to try to form an alliance with the liches. Now to go find CAFFEINE!

H

huddy60

Interesting point about Liches and Lich Lords:
When fighting ordinary(?) Liches, you never seem to miss a strike on them - i.e. each swing of the weapon will find its mark.
But when it comes to Lich Lords, I find my warrior can miss quiet often. This gets rather exciting when you "swish" 10 times in a row /php-bin/shared/images/icons/sgrin.gif.

<center>
</center>

A

Angels Blaze

<font color=8B0000> GUL shall hunt thee lich slayers down and punish you! <a target="_blank" href=http://www.game-master.net> GUL</a>

<center>/php-bin/shared/images/icons/takethat.gif/php-bin/shared/images/icons/newbie.gif</center>
<center><font color=8B0000>Take a look to the sky just before you die, it's the last time you will!</font color=8B0000></center>

E

Elyssar

...and thus the entire point of the post is missed. Next time to add to the Creature Feature perhaps try enlightening us more as to why you will slay those who hunt the lich, mkay?

A

Angels Blaze

<blockquote><hr>

try enlightening us more as to why you will slay those who hunt the lich, mkay?

<hr></blockquote>

<font color=8B0000> gladly lil miss.

*cuts and pastes*

Book of 'The Guardian'

He who hunteth the lich in these caves committeth a crime of the gravest order, deserving of death.
The liches and I dwell together in these caves, which we devoutly believe to be given us as our sacred home.
I gladly give my blessing to all who wish to hunt down and deliver unto death all Daemons and Dragons. These are creatures of vile and loathsome aspect, malodorous and displeasing to the senses.
If you would join in the hunt to rid my sacred home of these vile monsters, you must don a scarf of the colour of blood in token of your respect.
If you fail in this regard, and look not upon this magical garment, you will die swiftly and surely to my hand.
I have given unto you fit means of escape, which I enjoin you to take unto you and employ.
I have marked and designed for your especial use a rune, and this will bring you at the end of your travels to the great city of Britain.

May your going be safe and sure. Blessings upon you.
</font color=8B0000>

<center>/php-bin/shared/images/icons/takethat.gif/php-bin/shared/images/icons/newbie.gif</center>
<center><font color=8B0000>Take a look to the sky just before you die, it's the last time you will!</font color=8B0000></center>

W

WolfZbane

There actual point is this: the GUL believe that the liches are the great mages that were and that will return to lead the land. Because the GUL have sworn to protect their undead (and living = evil mages) masters, they kill everyone who doesn't show the sign that they won't attack the lich: a blood red bandana.
When you go into a dungeon/area that has liches, and you don't have a blood red bandana on your head, the GUL will first warn you to put one on. If you don't do that, they see themselves forced to attack you.
Because the GUL kills the so-called 'innocents' they get a reputation as murderer, which they don't deserve. Because of that, the GUL are fierce enemies of Lord British and those that support his laws, as they feel they don't deserve the title of murderer.

Famous members of GUL are: Adam Ant, Tanq, Cal and CrazyJoe.

Places they can be found: Wind (liches), Shame (evil mages), Deceit (liches), Yew Forest (liches), Dungeon Fire (evil mages), Khaldun (ancient lich)

GUL is a group of Roleplaying PvP'ers, that keep up their code: if you wear a red bandana and don't attack the liches/mages, they will never attack you, unless you attack them. Tanq and Cal most of the time warn people before they attack to put a bandana on, Adam Ant roams the lands on occassion, attacking people on sight when he's in a frenzy, CrazyJoe... Well, you beter ask him yourself.

Wolfsbane

G

For 300 gold, liches are damn tough. To an unarmoured mage, they'll take you down in 4-5 hits easily, though they swing rather slow. Unless you're a warrior, liches and lich lords aren't worth your while, as magic seems relatively ineffective against them. Lich lords for a tamer can be a great source of fame, gold and identify wands, however, as liches and lich lords always carry reagents, a Fel/Tram stone and a wand/staff. This also makes it hard to loot - while you're killing another lich lord, if you want to conserve weight, you must chuck all the gold into your loot bag, all the reagents into your bag, blackmoor into your blackmoor pile and ID the wand/items. It's easier to grab the bags and go through later, but you can't carry as much then.
Hmmm, what else?
Liches and Lich Lords spawn in Fire Dungeon lvl 2, and lowest level Deceit. In Fire Dungeon, the Lich Horde will spawn in a small room with 4 liches and a lich lord, a nasty combo that will keep on coming and leave you for dead. Many people lead away the Liches to the area around the Fire Elemental room so they can kill the Lich Lord in peace. In Deceit, Lich Lords spawn in the Crypt, with (I believe) 2 liches, 2 lich lords and 2 silver serpents. Ever since adding in the silver serpents, the room has been pretty much clear, and most of the bold warriors will bravely run away when encountering that kind of spawn. If you try it, I'd suggest 2 warriors with silver and a bard with 90+ provoke. Bring lots of cure potions. Watch out for the floor traps too, they can be nasty when you're chased by an angry lich lord.

Laugh and the world laughs with you, cry and you get booked on Oprah.
<font color=006400>Thaqui, Grandmaster Tamer of Catskills</font color=006400>
<font color=00008B>Dreafor, Lvl 4 Treasure Hunter and recovering alcoholic</font color=00008B> /php-bin/shared/images/icons/pint.gif

P

Puppy

Ooh, I love liches. Before they were tough my warrior Puppy used to kill them all the time, but then after they were beefed up the liches turned the tables and started to kill Puppy. :) I've finally gotten her resist to 70 so she's able to kill them again, but they still sometimes kill her right back. It's a give and take thing. :) She hunts them in the City of the Dead where they spawn with a lot of other undead. She uses silver ruin swords because I get them reasonably frequently from MIBs and if I lose a silver ruin it's no biggie.

I love that lich laugh. It's creepy and ominous and, er, well, I think it's kind of sexy too. *Blushes*

Stupid lasers!

E

Elyssar

That is better, since Mordanna is saving all this to put on her site. This info will work better there. Thanks.

G

the litch is a wonderful creature
i have prevented many litches deaths at yew by disarming the vile attacker and leading pets away (sometimes to their death)
i dont just protect litches, i protect all of the undead, they were people that we might of all known
when the litches became more powerful, i was in joy since there would be less people to have to be killed
so i please dont kill these creatures, if your in a mood to kill something, go to something else but not the undead...

<font color=red> "Trammel Is Icky..." </font color=red> <font color=green> Cody Ainsworth [ME!] </font color=green>

<font color=orange> Owned 24/7 On The Shard Of Chesapeake </font color=orange>
<font color=blue> To Start Press Any Key, Where Is The Any Key? </font color=blue>

R

Rumbling mirror

Ever since they were beefed up, all trips to Deceit I take more often than not end in tragedy. They melee very hard, even with gm parry (still hurts a lot), and they have an annoying way of ebolting you when you turn tail and run to heal. I like them still for the spice they give. the Lich Lord room, on the other hand, is a suicide wish nowadays. With the silver serps mixed in, the place is like a meat grinder....

<center>/php-bin/shared/images/icons/spiny.gif/php-bin/shared/images/icons/read.gif/php-bin/shared/images/icons/sick.gif/php-bin/shared/images/icons/angryfire.gif/php-bin/shared/images/icons/spook.gif/php-bin/shared/images/icons/king.gif/php-bin/shared/images/icons/loopy.gif/php-bin/shared/images/icons/argue.gif/php-bin/shared/images/icons/spam.gif/php-bin/shared/images/icons/newbie.gif</center><center>/php-bin/shared/images/icons/popcorn.gif</center><center>Lurking Can Be Fun!</center>

L

Lemia

Here is a haiku that I wrote about liches:

Oh, villainous one
Do not beat me with thy rod
Laugh and walk away

Witness the miracle of birth as the young monkey hatches from its protective shell...

Lemia-GM Smith/Miner/Fisherman
Lemina-GM Warrior
Mia-GM Tailor/Master Scribe/Carpenter/Tinker/Mage
Nadia-GM Tamer/Master Mage
Ayla-GM Thief

B

Boogie

The first thing ever that killed me was a Lich.
The last thing that killed my warrior was A LICH....

I HATE LICHES

<font color=BF3EFF>Boo: Someday a great mage/tamer *sighs*</font color=BF3EFF>
<font color=4876FF>Boogie: GM Smith/GM Miner</font color=4876FF>

E

Elyssar

Now I expect a haiku for each creature. *snickers* That made me laugh soooooo hard. You get an A+.

L

Lemia

Cool, I like haikus!

Witness the miracle of birth as the young monkey hatches from its protective shell...

Lemia-GM Smith/Miner/Fisherman
Lemina-GM Warrior
Mia-GM Tailor/Master Scribe/Carpenter/Tinker/Mage
Nadia-GM Tamer/Master Mage
Ayla-GM Thief

D

Deputy dogg

i have 86 eval 90.1 show real magery 91.1 show real med, my mage character is named ddogg and i have his skills available to see, just seach lake superiour, name DDogg and there ya go.
Well since that part has nothing to do with your post ill get to the reason for my reply, Deamons are much harder than liches, for example my spells when used on liches takes me just 1 set of mana, where as on a deamon i have to med 2 or 3 times to kill the daemons. That simply proves that deamons are tuffer, and then the spells, liches spells hit me harder but then i kill them faster so i dont get hit with half as many as when i kill deamons. So by this assesment i belive deamons are harder to kill than liches
But...
then again i dont fight either that often with my mage i fight them with my warrior and it holds true with him as well, even without silver it doesnt take me that long, the only way i can see that a lich is stronger is if it is a lich lord a regular lich isnt not stronger. My warrior's name is Joe-c, he as well has his skills visable if you for some reason wish to look, same shard lake superiour

O

Otho

harder to kill than a daemon? Wow.. I've never seen a daemon fall to 2-3 ebolts

Status
Not open for further replies.