• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] Creating a Sampire Suits

Endal

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Hey there, i've got a Sampire that I'm working on and I was wondering what kinds of suits I should make for them when they're all skilled up. I've got a few working methods that I've been using, but I wanted to know if there are better ways to make them and out of what materials.

I'm using the guide from UOGuide on Sampires that states:
Ring/Bracelet: +7 STR, +7DEX, +13 HCI, +13DCI, 22DI (each) Other Armor pieces (not enhanced): A Random 15 resist to get to full, 7 LMC, 7 MI, 7 SI, 4 HPI (each of 6 pieces) Weapon: it depends on the type, however you should have 20-25 SSI, HML, HSL, HLD
Currently, my Sampire has Horned Studded Leather armor with an Aegis of Grace helm and Imbued gear for the rest. The totals work out to these stats:
  • 14 Dex Bonus
  • 14 Str Bonus
  • 35 Stamina Increase
  • 35 Mana Increase
  • 20 Hit Point Increase
  • 50 LMC (Studded Armor bonus)
  • 46 DCI
  • 26 HCI
  • 44 DI
  • 25 SSI
I also have HLL, HSL, and HML on my weapon, which mostly keeps me alive.
SampireArmor.jpg
What I'm wondering is how I can adjust these items or replace them (add to them?) so that I can become a much better Sampire. I haven't got a ton of gold, but I'm sure if I mention to some friends that I am after a certain piece they would be willing to help me hunt for it, I just need to know what it is that I'm needing.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aegis of grace is just bad. If you can't afford Mace and Shields, you are better off making and imbuing a helm.

Figure out your artifacts first. In looking at this, I feel you are going backwards.

Start with artifacts (robe, back, sash, belt, talisman, feet) first. Go from there.

Endal

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
My robe is crafted, same with my cape and surcoat. I haven't got a belt or a talasman and I have elven shoes. (grins) Let's assume that I'm brand new to actual adventuring and don't have any money. This is a good place to start from because I am and I don't. (hehe) I have got plenty of imbuing reagents, however, so I can make suits as needed.

Good note on the helm though. I'll look into a good one.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Have said before and wanna preface this as well, new to the Sampire end of the sandbox myself...

I did a luck suit with 4hci on each piece of armor (took a while) that I use mainly but just have started trying to play around with a high powered suit. So far I am considering Tink legs, Prisimatic lenses and rep glad collar (all hunted for) then going from there. Wanted to use the Jackal's collar for the dex but do not think the resists will work out well on that one. So far on any of the suits I have been going with Arcane boots for the necro spells, never been a fan of carrying regs. I also carry a spare pair in my pack just in case the pair I wear runs out.

Not sure if yours is human or elf, but I know you kinda recently came back to UO... there is a pair of night sight earrings out here now. Saves from having to ask folks for an In Lor or carrying those dadgum pots.

RaistlinNowhere

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can buy some realiable artifacts that only worth 200k to 600k, and can be used to make a newbie suit for a sampire, so you dont need hundred of millions for them.
For talisman slot, the mana phasing orbs are bloody cheap nowdays
About the cloak you can farm the black one from underworld yourself (cant remember the name ****...)

For example, i have a template for a sampire suit that only costs about 5m to do it or less and have all the basiscs like full resists, hci, dci, di, lmc, stam, etc. I used to craft and sold them at a vendor in mass production hehe.

So you can make a cheap sampire suit if you are starting , make some gold, and change for an ubber one later.

Last edited:

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My robe is crafted, same with my cape and surcoat. I haven't got a belt or a talasman and I have elven shoes. (grins) Let's assume that I'm brand new to actual adventuring and don't have any money. This is a good place to start from because I am and I don't. (hehe) I have got plenty of imbuing reagents, however, so I can make suits as needed.

Good note on the helm though. I'll look into a good one.

Sell some ingredients and buy a mana phase orb with mods you will use on it.
Also, get a cheap robe and cloak. It's better than nothing and each point helps.

RaistlinNowhere

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
for robe, buy/farm the one i said, it has 5 int and 3 hpi - around 500k
for talisman get the mana phasing orb with di and hci/dci(better hci cause dci is easy to get cap) - 300-400k
for cloak use a quiver of infinity, add 5dci - 150k or free if you have a heritage token
theres also cheap artifacts like heart of lion, rune bettle caparace, helm of insight, ancient samurai, fey leggings, etc.
Before you buy any i recomend you to use A LOT that spreadsheet to see which is better for you, for example my template have 3 ways to craft it :

1) pirate hat + heart of lion + 4 imbued pieces + jewelry + cloak/quiver + mana phasing orb
2) helm of insight + heart of lion + 4 imbued pieces + jewelry + cloak/quiver + mana phasing orb
3) ancient samurai helm + rune beetle caparace + 4 imbued pieces + jewelry + cloak/quiver + mana phasing orb

These suits have full resists + 45 hci + 45 dci + 40 lmc - 15/18 hpi + 40-50 stam incr + 45-60 di + some int/mana incr
Remember that as a sampire you CANT use shields hehe.

I hope this help you.

PD : remember that you need 95 fire resist for a sampire suit.

Last edited:

yars

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Penalty to parry is Increased for having both Bushido and a shield

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are times when as a sampire, that you don't need Bushido (I don't use Bushido on Medusa for example).
And others where the damage is so minimal that I run a shield anyway (most champ spawns up to 4th level).

RaistlinNowhere

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
but nusair, im confused. Lets say you run a sampire with an ubber suit without shield, and you dont need bushido at some moments like you said, what does a shield benefits you for using it? you will have ZERO parry so .... i dont understand you

Even if you are using a normal sampire suit like i said, you wont have any benefits for using a shield.......

skaven

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Currently, my Sampire has Horned Studded Leather armor with an Aegis of Grace helm and Imbued gear for the rest. The totals work out to these stats:
  • 14 Dex Bonus
  • 14 Str Bonus
  • 35 Stamina Increase
  • 35 Mana Increase
  • 20 Hit Point Increase
  • 50 LMC (Studded Armor bonus)
  • 46 DCI
  • 26 HCI
  • 44 DI
  • 25 SSI
I also have HLL, HSL, and HML on my weapon, which mostly keeps me alive.

What I'm wondering is how I can adjust these items or replace them (add to them?) so that I can become a much better Sampire. I haven't got a ton of gold, but I'm sure if I mention to some friends that I am after a certain piece they would be willing to help me hunt for it, I just need to know what it is that I'm needing.
Apart from the helm (alternatives: Mace & Shield Glasses, Prismatic Lenses, crafted circlet), as your suit is of the "budget class" type, you shouldnt think how to improve it but redesign a new one from scratch.

The new one should be on the line of a UBER suit (as Nusair said, start from the artifact and going backwards). You don't need a "slightly better" suit.

You can search the old post from Nusair (Sampire in plate, Sampire in luck, etc) to have some hint in how to better build a good sampire suit (i guess he will point that to you directly, as he's very active in the forums).

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
but nusair, im confused. Lets say you run a sampire with an ubber suit without shield, and you dont need bushido at some moments like you said, what does a shield benefits you for using it? you will have ZERO parry so .... i dont understand you

Even if you are using a normal sampire suit like i said, you wont have any benefits for using a shield.......

Soul Charge mostly. But, there are other abilities as well that you don't need parry to have them take effect (eaters for example).