• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Creating a Roleplaying Character

S

SweDreams

I don't know if I want to try Role Playing at this point, but since I had a few hours on my hands I thought why not write a background for a character. Well, I'm playing around with a few ideas for a character, I have a name, a small bio planned out and a basic personality.

My only issue is that the lore of WoW is pretty foreign to me since I'm new and all. I have done a lot of reading to try and get a handle on it, but I must admit, a lot of it is pretty overwhelming and difficult to place in a time line.

I do plan on sticking with a Night Elf. So if you really know the lore and rough time lines of the Night Elves then that would be great.

I'm looking to either make him pretty young or exceptionally old, to take advantage of the unique offer that being an elf has. My issue is I want to place his birth at a pivotal point in the night elf history. I was thinking placing his birth at the destruction of the Night Elves' first tree and the loss of their Immortality. However I ran into an issue, Doesn't that make my character roughly 15? If anyone could give me an accurate age for that, it would be appreciated.

My next variation, if that one proves my character to it too young is place his birth during the banishment of the blood elves. However I have the same issue with this. I've estimated the age to be roughly 7,340 years old, I'm not sure if that's accurate but the biggest issue is I don't know of a reliable city to use as the characters town of birth. Actually this is problem with both versions. I need a town that was in existence during these time periods, and that either became ruins or was destroyed.

I was looking at some ruins to use as a possible home town, but I don't know if this is a good solution that's true to lore. Yes I'm a dork and congrats and thanks to anyone who reads this all the way.