• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Crazy Man Drops 15000$ to game on Monster LED

T

tingrui

An unnamed Chinese gamer who apparently can't find enough things to do with his money decided to blow some of it playing an MMO on the giant LED screen that makes up the ceiling of "The Place" shopping center in Beijing. It's the largest LED screen Asia, 250 meters long by 30 meters wide, which works out to a gargantuan 7500 square meters, or for our metrically-challenged readers, nearly 81,000 square feet. The screen is normally used to display a gigantic virtual aquarium and video feeds from live events.

Using the ceiling of a shopping mall for your own personal online gaming isn't cheap and "insiders" suggested the experience "might cost" as much as ¥100,000, which works out to a little over $15,000. And what could possibly drive someone to drop that kind of coin on one night of gaming on a screen bigger than a football field? Word on the street is that the man in question is a guild leader in China and was feeling a little envy after the head of a competing guild played the game in an IMAX theater.

Real Story of the Crazy Gamer playing MMO on LED Screen

On the evening of November 21st, 2010, a Beijing man rented Asia’s largest LED television screen for a 10 minute online gaming session. The crazy thing is that he paid RMB 4500 (US $678) to play….PER MINUTE!

In China, the gaming session drew the attention of many netizens . According to insiders, the man is the leader of Guild who known as online name “Fire”. Snda, a Chinese game company, invited “Fire” to play “MOJIE 2”(a Chinese mmo) on LED screen. The next day, “MOJIE2” opened to all the gamers. Apparently, it is an elaborate promotion for game “MOJIE2”.

It is reported that “Fire” is the leader of Guild Speed, the largest MMO guild in China. Not only that, he is also the CEO of SwagVault, the largest RMT Company.

T

tingrui

A: Snda invited a famous guild leader to make a gaming show on LED screen. It’s really a good way to advertise its game. / crazy or ... -person with money to try something unique -secret person working for Snda to advertise their game in such a way -a show off who thinks hes all that.

B: Sure, the guy doesn't have to pay; on the contrary, he will get paid by the game's company

C: SwagVault reported that his CEO received the invitation to play Snda’s game on big screen. As a senior MMORPG player and a famous guild leader, Mr.“Fire” has pull with the players. Mr. Fire said:” As a gamer, I enjoy gaming and share my experiences to other players. Compare to WOW, I only have to say this game has its own attractiveness. So I received the invitation from Snda and help them complete the game show. But I hope it won’t disturb my work and life. As the CEO of SwagVault, I am only concerned with how to improve gamer services and foster a more enjoyable gaming experience.