• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

crash after crash..

• Thread starter Kratos Aurion
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
K

Kratos Aurion

This hasn't ever happened to me before and I'm not quite sure if its my clients fault or UOs.

Everytime I recall ontop of the north west side britain bank and right click to move, I get a client crash (replicated several times and causes much frustration).

The infected zone (for me) is located in the image below.

The problem occurs on Great Lakes

My computer info is...

Microsoft XP Professional Edition
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3, v.3264 Build 2600
System Model: Satellite A105 (toshiba manufacture)
Processor x86 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 6 GenuineIntel ~1596 Mhz
2 Gigs of RAM

My UO Info is..

8th Ann. Client (patched to date)

I found a temporary solution to the problem by using teleport to move out of the affected area until I'm able to move off the bank.

A

AtlanteanAngel

It's definitely the server's fault. There are other tiles or areas on various servers (eg. wilderness, towns, dungeons, etc) that cause crashes. This has been posted by others and acknowledged by the Devs before.

As for the temporary solution, since you can't move a single step in any direction without crashing, recall (without moving a single step) to Luna (sure you have a rune to Luna the New Capital of All of UO), and bank at Luna from now on instead.

K

Kratos Aurion

Aye. I just use teleport. I did confirm that this happens on other computers (dif accounts) what not..

The strange thing is is that this problem never occured until about 3-4 hours ago. It was fine earlier today.