• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Crafting with coal.

G

anyone know of anyway these ingots can be used to craft.
oh and i bought so much of the stuff ive even put some on my vendor at F % T

G

I thought coal was supposed to be pretty rare...
Smelted from the coal that was given to negative karma characters many years ago. Recoloured ore, that was (unintentionally?) smeltable.

You used to be able to craft with them, though I think it was before the improved crafting gumps.
The current crafting gumps have the ingot selection, rather than the targetting that tailoring with cloth allows.
As far as I'm aware, the type of ore is distinguished solely by the colour of it (use UOA to show a count of ingots in the title bar, and you'll see it counts all ingots, of all colours). Unless coal ingots are the same colour as shadow iron, then I don't imagine you'll be able to select them to craft (and even so, it will probably be called "Shadow Iron xxx").

G

thanks kimi ive tried everything!
they are a different hue to shadow and dont show an ore type