• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Crafting Slayer Spellbooks with other Attributes

Jazzer

Adventurer
I am on the Atlantic shard and have looked around for some slayer spellbooks and the ones I want cost 60-90K. I have a mage that has 100 Inscription so I thought I would look into making my own. The ones I saw that I would like to build have the following specs - Slayer; SDI: 29%; FC: 2; DCI: 10%; LMC 4%.

Do I need to first get the Scrapper's Compendium Recipe scroll? Where do I get those? Is there a certain way to craft them to get what you want? What ingrediencies do I need? I am familiar with imbuing, is it similar to that? Is there a post/site that describes how to craft these items? If so, can you please point me there.

Thanks for your help.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A book as the one you have described cannot be crafted, I'm sorry.
Scrapper's compendium has the following fixed properties:
Spell Damage Increase 25%
Faster Cast Recovery 1
Faster Casting 1
Lower Mana Cost 10%
If you have high magery you have a chance to get up to 3 additional properties. DCI isn't one of them. The page Magic Item Properties – Ultima Online shows which properties can be crafted on books, and at what intensity

Jazzer

Adventurer
A book as the one you have described cannot be crafted, I'm sorry.
Scrapper's compendium has the following fixed properties:
Spell Damage Increase 25%
Faster Cast Recovery 1
Faster Casting 1
Lower Mana Cost 10%
If you have high magery you have a chance to get up to 3 additional properties. DCI isn't one of them. The page Magic Item Properties – Ultima Online shows which properties can be crafted on books, and at what intensity
Thanks for the information Petra.

Jazzer

Adventurer
Were most of those slayers they're seeing probably from invasion Generals and Lieutenants?
I didnt know to ask you or Anon. Are you saying that the books I saw with the above stats came from loot? Is what you are talking about from the "War of Shadow" and the Generals and Lieutenants of the "Arm of Shadows"?
Thank you

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I didnt know to ask you or Anon. Are you saying that the books I saw with the above stats came from loot? Is what you are talking about from the "War of Shadow" and the Generals and Lieutenants of the "Arm of Shadows"?
Thank you
There have been a few invasions also some nice random slayers dropped from a khaldun event

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The 30 slayers are from Generals. Khaldun had 25 slayer books.

Generals from the 20th anniversary event and it's repeat.

Jazzer

Adventurer
There have been a few invasions also some nice random slayers dropped from a khaldun event
Thanks Anon. I guess these events have drops that you don't see in the everyday playing. This is a good reason to get involved in the events. Where can I go to find out when these events occur in the Atlantic shared? I looked around on Stratics but could not find one, did I miss it?
Thanks for your reply.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks Anon. I guess these events have drops that you don't see in the everyday playing. This is a good reason to get involved in the events. Where can I go to find out when these events occur in the Atlantic shared? I looked around on Stratics but could not find one, did I miss it?
Thanks for your reply.
Don't click thru the News on the Log in screen. The current event is on it:

1682718000226.png