• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Blacksmithing] Crafting 100% Elemental Damage [Smith Type] Weapons

SpellBreaker

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings Adventurers,

Make 100% Elemental Damage Smith Type Weapon
Step 1: Use non-runic smith tools, normal iron ingots and craft an exceptional weapon.
Note: You can equip an Ancient Hammer and or a Talisman with blacksmith bonuses to increase the chances of creating exceptional weapons.
Step 2: Standing next to a Soul Forge, use a Shadow Runic Hammer and target your exceptional weapon.
Step 3: When the reforge window opens select the following reforge options.
  • Powerful Re-Forging
  • Grand Artifice
  • Inspired Artifice
  • Choose Name >> Exquisite Quality
Generally 1 out of 25 reforge attempts will produce a 100% elemental damage weapon.

TIP: If the re-forge weapon has 60% Fire or 70% Cold damage you can still achieve 100% elemental damage via enhancing the weapon later. see below

Finishing the Weapon
Once you have the weapon reforged with 100% Elemental Damage [or 80% Cold or 60% Fire] take the following steps in order.

Step 4: Use whetstone to remove the Damage Increase property [this is optional but you need to do it before imbuing].
Step 5: Powder of Fortification
Step 6: Imbue properties
Step 7: Enhance weapon [use Forged Metal of Artifacts tool for 100% success / failing will break weapon]. There is no metal to increase Chaos and Poison weapons to 100%.
  • Bronze to enhance Fire Damage 40%
  • Agapite to enhance Cold Damage 30%
  • Shadow to enhance Cold Damage 20%
  • Gold to enhance Luck +40

Some of this information was buried in the forums. A portion of this information was posted by Warrick in 2015 on this thread.

We wish you good fortune!
Spellbreaker

Last edited:

jcarter

Visitor
Enhancing as Step 4 in your list allows you to not burn Forged Metal of Artifacts and only risk breaking the weapon before whetstone/POF/imbue.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Also, you can use Agapite to enhance Cold Damage 30%, so you can make 70% cold, 30% Physical weapons 100% cold.

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How do u make 100% poison and 100% energy and 100% chaos. What is the enhancing process after reforging to 70% etc I can so cold and fire with dull copper. But there is no info I can find to show me how to enhance poison etc. I can see that is it possible but I can read how

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Poison or chaos: You need to try to get 100% intensity for the damage from the reforging.

Energy: If you can get 80% Energy/20% Physical, you can enhance with copper or verite.

Ang7

Sage
UNLEASHED
Does a dull copper runic hammer work for Poison or Chaos?

I only seemed to get 70% from dull copper and I enhanced for cold and fire.

Does that mean 100% can only come from shadow?