• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Craftible soulstones?

Samaira

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Void Essence is a pita to get... have to kill the void creatures overland in Ter Mur (don't bother with the "slimes" or the "wisps", I've yet to see anything on their corpses), and the same creatures drop the imbuing ingredient "void orb". The latter drops more often, and it is far from every kill. I spent maybe 3 hours tonight trying to collect void essence and walked away with only two.

These creatures seem to be basically paragon-level in hp compared to their normal counterparts, and from the look of it some of them cast mysticism spells.

Pirate Roberts

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Void Essence is a pita to get... have to kill the void creatures overland in Ter Mur (don't bother with the "slimes" or the "wisps", I've yet to see anything on their corpses), and the same creatures drop the imbuing ingredient "void orb". The latter drops more often, and it is far from every kill. I spent maybe 3 hours tonight trying to collect void essence and walked away with only two.

These creatures seem to be basically paragon-level in hp compared to their normal counterparts, and from the look of it some of them cast mysticism spells.
Where did you find these evil vermon, I'm super new to the whole SA thing and would like to try and make my own soulstone fragment... thanks

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
West from the public Imbuing spot, into the woods past the refugees - and I got a void essence of the Wisp-types, so they have them too.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I got 30 void essence in the Underworld from that puzzle tonight. Good to know it's actually useful now, instead of waiting 6 months for me to get legendary imbuing. (I think it's an imbuing ingredient anyway)

Samaira

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Where did you find these evil vermon, I'm super new to the whole SA thing and would like to try and make my own soulstone fragment... thanks
They seem to spawn mostly around the edges of the landmass, best place I've found is along the east edge. You can also spawn Ballem from doing the farmer Nash quest, though that method is very slow considering the variety of creatures that can pop out of the weeds.

@ Basara - good to know the wisp ones drop them too, I'll have to stop ignoring them lol

A

Ashlen

Lord Kotan here is a thread from Uhall that has
SA Loot Drops, Their sources and uses.
http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=156965

And I was wondering if there is a site or thread somewhere
that has a break down of the info that was gave here
for the soul frags. I came to this forum looking for this answer
myself because I couldnt find it anywhere else.
Priate Roberts do you know where info like this might be?

Thanks in advance if anyone does
Satria

Pirate Roberts

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just read that they could be made, and tooled around with the menus until I found the info I posted.

Pirate Roberts

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've finally made one, it's white, like the chests in luna bank, or from a fabled net, it only has one charge, is blessed, and says owner: no one. so that leads me to believe it can be sold.

G

guum

Requires glassblowing:

Items needed:
70% Alchemy

Crystal Granules 2
Void Essence 2
What's the precise story on crystal granules? I saw someone say they were made from a Shimmering Effusion drop, but someone else said they were just gathered in the Prism of Light. Which is it?

Pirate Roberts

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Granules are made from the big greenish crystals found on the shimmering corpse.

I believe the other crystal you are speaking of is dust, used to make the glasses that you wear when fighting Medusa.

G

Gurb

What do the glasses that you wear fighting Medusa do?

And how do you make them?
I havn't played with them yet, but from the sounds of it they allow you to avoid being turned into stone by Medusa... which would be the obvious answer I'd suspect.

A

Ashlen

Ive played UO since it was released in Sept 1997
I have every book that came with every game we bought off the
shelves.
But this time has been the most difficult for me, not only am
I so incredibably busy with rl and stressed to the max, but
I find it so frustrating to try to search between stratics, Uo.com
and Uoguide for the most minor things like how to make a soul frag.

But im still hanging in here because I love this game and I love
the community as a whole. But I hate the way they put it out
this time with no solid way of finding any info. I even seen in
one post on Uhall where Draconi gave a thumps up when someone
suggested that stratics make a map section for the new lands.
Thats EA's job not some other web site.

*get down off her soap box now*
Thank you for listening to my rant. Im done now.
frustration, stress and fatigue is a monster.

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ive played UO since it was released in Sept 1997
I have every book that came with every game we bought off the
shelves.
But this time has been the most difficult for me, not only am
I so incredibably busy with rl and stressed to the max, but
I find it so frustrating to try to search between stratics, Uo.com
and Uoguide for the most minor things like how to make a soul frag.

But im still hanging in here because I love this game and I love
the community as a whole. But I hate the way they put it out
this time with no solid way of finding any info. I even seen in
one post on Uhall where Draconi gave a thumps up when someone
suggested that stratics make a map section for the new lands.
Thats EA's job not some other web site.

*get down off her soap box now*
Thank you for listening to my rant. Im done now.
frustration, stress and fatigue is a monster.
Hi Ashlen.... I've been playing almost as long as you ('98), although not posting much obviously - and I have the same issue with EA that you do. Why on earth should we have to go to so much trouble for information that should be readily available from them?
EA has NEVER given us squat for game info. Thank god for Stratics.

C

caffinequeen

I freel the same way, Hubby and I have been playing almost 11 years now, and we couldn't agree more, it is so hard to get any info, on how to do anything, they seem to try and make everything a big mystery, wasn't that hard in the old days.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is not that hard to make a soulstone...
you need the void essence from the void monsters or abyss puzzle and the 2 crystals from shimmering effusion (the big green one). Each crystal must be shattered on crystal granules (with alchemy) and thats all you need to craft a soulstone with 1 use.

N

NickyDishes

killing creatures for void essences takes a millenium....do the puzzle for them....and most all stones say who they're owned by now so u know which account they r for incase u have multiples.