• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Crafter question

Gareatron

Visitor
Just got back in the game few days ago. Is it possible to train tailor,blacksmith,tinkering,carpentry,mining,lumber jacking on one character?

Malforce

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
you can, but without magery musicianship and imbuing your carpenter would be missing out on some craftables.

Also arms lore has some functionality now for weapons and armor.

Carpentry - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia

Arms Lore - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia

My main crafter is:
Arms Lore 100
Blacksmithy 80
Carpentry 100
Fletching 100
Magery 75
Musicianship 45
Tailoring 120
Tinkering 100

I have mining & 120 Blacksmithy on a different character that can better handle ore elementals that spawn

You can get plenty of normal boards with JOAT (Jack of all trades) Lumberjacking if your char is human. I have LJ on an axer-sampire char for colored wood when I need it.

Welcome back, have fun!

Malee

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The musicianship is easy to do with rings and bracelets. All you need is a jewelry set with +20 music on both. Ask around because some people save them for crafters. They can be antique or cursed since they are just needed to make instruments - just wear them only when you are crafting instruments. The other 5 points can be gotten with the library talisman or by real skill. Mine has 5 real skill so I can wear a carpentry bonus talisman.

My mining is on treasure hunter since mining is now a great help to that template now that the chest spots spawn randomly. My lumberjacking is on soul stone that I put on my swords lady when I need to use that skill. For inscription, I keep that on a soul stone for my mage. The higher your magery, the better the crafted spellbooks. Mages also have more mana and mana regen which helps when making those high level scrolls.

You many want to get a few soul stones for your crafter - that's what I ended up doing since so many of the crafting skills need each other. Ex - to make gorgon lenses you need tinkering and alchemy.

Her Skills at the moment are :

100 arms lore
100 alchemy
120 smith
100 carpentry
120 tailor
100 tinker
75 magery
5 musicainship

Cooking and Fletching are on the soul stones. She has the ability to use 120 imbuing for the few things it is needed to make with carpentry. I usually have it on my gargoyle for the bonus they get for when I do actual imbuing work.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One of my characters achieves the music points thus:
1. she is elf, so wears song woven mantle (tailor crafted) 10 music
2. imbued ring and bracelet. 30 music - total 40
3. equip singing axe (blacksmith crafted) 5 music - total 45.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Someone was asking similar questions in this thread [General] - Planning out my crafter/gatherer, need advice.

As Petra and Malee said, there are multiple ways to get to 45 music:

1. Ring: up to +15 imbued or from old loot, up to +20 from modern loot
  2. Bracelet: As Ring
  3. Song Woven Mantle +10 (but elves only)
  4. Traveling Minstrel talisman: +5
  5. Hand held items: Singing Axe (craftable), Dryad Bow (Doom artifact with a random skill)
The big issue is that music and magery are in the same skill group, meaning you need to swap jewelry out when you want to make instruments (you should wear your magery gear most of the time)

For Magery, the ways to get additional Magery are as follows:

1. Ring: As with music #1 above, but as noted, you can't get music & magery on the same piece. However, there are event item ringss and a artifact-level drop from Shimmering effusion (Crystalline Ring; in fact, the event item is really the CR on steroids, and your casting skill of choice when initially claimed, instead of just magery)
  2. Bracelet (as #2 above)
  3. Spellbook: Can be crafted to have casting-related skill bonuses up to +12 or +13 (requires having a GM scribe with magery over GM - 120 preferred), or there are several event spellbooks with +15 magery (cheapest would probably be the Tome of Lost Knowledge from 2005's Treasures of Tokuno (as that event reran a couple more times before 2010, and you can still turn in 10 ToT minors for one)
  4. Treatise on Alchemy talisman: +5 Magery, plus Alchemy crafting success bonuses - I got lucky and got a +30% on my first pull of one.
So, you could put as little as 20 Magery on the character, and use equipment to get to 80; or, if scrolled to 120, put 60 real magery on and use equipment to get to 120 (if scrolled that high).

Blacksmith: having 120 Blacksmith only matters if you are going to do BODs or enhancing (you only need 70 for the base colored BODs, and 80 for Carpentry add-ons - and the latter doesn't have to be real skill). Not sure how long you've been gone (the lack of Imbuing in your list suggests a decade) but the following changes were made to Smith BODs
70-109.9 (real skill - ASH does not affect): 50% Weapons, 25% Colored Armor, 25% Iron Armor
110.0-119.9: 50% Weapons, 35% Colored Armor, 15% Iron Armor
120: 50% Weapons, 45% Colored Armor, 5% Iron Armor.

And, the new system for rewards means you can always claim a lesser reward for a BOD (If you don't want another ASH, you can pick the next runic down, and now any exceptional small from 20% DC up can be used for POF if you don't want the other rewards).

Imbuing is now the go-to crafting skill for equipment (though loot tops even that). Both from Imbuing to make custom equipment (only really used to fill a gap in a suit, anymore), or its "Reforging" aspect (reforging: using imbuing with a runic at a soulforge, expending multiple charges, to re-craft an existing non-magic item with a more narrow scope of bonuses and higher intensities than normal runic crafting can produce).

Gareatron

Visitor
Well thats a lot to take in. I want a crafter So I can make stuff for myself and maybe even later sale things that I can make that are worth selling.I don't have stygian abyss yet but they are suppose to release it free for everyone soon. So I'll have to keep a slot open for imbueing till then.