• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Craft changes I'd love to see ...

• Thread starter T_Amon_from_work
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
T

T_Amon_from_work

Tinkers ...
Allow them to recycle items like Blacksmiths. Why not? They burn ingots, have less market for what is made in training (not even NPCs buy scales).

Give them an NPC market if nothing else.

Bowcraft & Carpentry ...
Same thing - a recycle option.

Bowcraft: Recycle a bows/crossbows into 4 shafts or something ala tailors and oilcloth to bandage cutups.

Carpentry: There are only so many crates, bookcases and furniture that can be made & sold. Why not return some of the lumber? Deeded items excluded.

Both of these have a market at NPCs if recycle is not an option.
===
The mechanics are ingame already in the Smith and Tailor gumps for recycling. Even the salvage bag has the mechanics ... just add in wood as ingots are already there.

Puh-leez?

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also

Tinker:
runic tinker kits, I would like to make some of the utensils that tinkers can make with runic kit properties, for example the skinning knife or butcher's knife or hatchets.

Blacksmith:
For Petes' sake remove resists from weapons and stop rolling a damage spread when crafting. It's a total waste of runic properties to roll resists and elemental damage spread. I get resists from my armor not my weapons and I craft with a certain ingot type for elemental damage. Stop screwing it up and wasting a property by rolling it as a runic property.

G

galefan2004

Tinkers ...
Allow them to recycle items like Blacksmiths. Why not? They burn ingots, have less market for what is made in training (not even NPCs buy scales).

Give them an NPC market if nothing else.
I agree.

Bowcraft & Carpentry ...
Same thing - a recycle option.
You can gm fletching by doing Heartwood quests...they should add carpentry quests so that you can do the same with carpentry. Come to think of it you can gm tinkering through making spyglasses (Heartwood quest) after making lockpicks (can sell to npc or to other players).

As I mentioned, other than carpentry, all of the mentioned skills can be gmed through doing Heartwood quests or by making items that actually sell well to other players and npcs. Thinking outside the box is a good way to gm all skills. However, I do agree that recycling options should exist for all skills.

G

galefan2004

Blacksmith:
For Petes' sake remove resists from weapons and stop rolling a damage spread when crafting. It's a total waste of runic properties to roll resists and elemental damage spread. I get resists from my armor not my weapons and I craft with a certain ingot type for elemental damage stop screwing it up and wasting a property by rolling it as a runic property.
100% AGREE!!

Also, take out FC -1 from crafted weapons and give all GM crafted runics mage armor property.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well it's my opinion that the Blacksmithing mods need adjusted anyway to put them more in line with the mods that you get from Wood..... When I enhance a weapon I really don't want the damage all spread out like it does now..... I want to add things like Luck, SSI, DI, and things of that nature... the only properties of damage I would want to add would be to make somthing that is perhaps 80% Cold and add 20% to make it a 100%.... I want to add resist to my armour..... but I'd also like to add other things like the 2 HP regen and things you can add with wood.....

And while we are on the subject of crafting changes..... For the love of all that is Good in UO PLEASE look into the Scales and give them a MAJOR overhaul!..... for all the trouble they are gathering and all.... they are the LEAST useful of all the armour types... You just DON'T see ANYONE in it... and there is good reason...... It's garbage.

Chrome

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Weapon
I'd like to make good stuff not using runic tool.
Base property is changeable by material and character's skill.
Example, Craft a better base-swingspeed Lance, a better base-damage Katana.

Armor/Shield
I'd like to do Scales more usefully.
Example, Scale shield which can reduce damage by breath (fire, cold etc).

Crafting tool (made by tinker skill)
I'd like to make good tool which is very helpful to craft good stuff.