• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Courage to Try

Daenyra

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
The single Myrmidex Drone had been stalking her through the jungle , thankfully she seemed to have lost it behind as she made way back to the Jukari Village. Coming upon the moongate she had in the past seen many times new people come through.....this moongate was still somewhat unnerving to her.....yet curiousity was consuming her . The Villagers had advised her to steer clear of going into the gate, yet they seemed to help and befriend those that had came through.......Could it be so bad on the other side?

Last edited:

Daenyra

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Unsure if it was courage or curiosity but something was drawing her to this shiney Moon Shaped gate. What could there be to lose?
The people of the Jukari had always been good to her, the Shaimen of the Village had raised her taught her the ways of healing and tribal magics and treated her as their own.

However these were not her true Family she had known this from the many tales they had told her of how they had found her. The Moon was her comforting symbol, for as ...the tales went they had found her under the bright lights of the Full Moon in a basket wrapped in cloth of Blue and white , with the embellum of a horse upon it and the basket was covered with a green cloak. Stuck into the side of the basket was an arrow holding a charm, a pendent of metal with the Word engraved on it Daenyra , this was her name and this was her place to be. Never understanding why her fate had brought her to this savage place or who she truly was and where she came from, she just grew up accepting her fate that this was where she should be. The Moon would always bring comfort to her and give her strength as she grew.

She had become fierce and brave so it should be simple , just put one foot in front of the other and step into this Moon. As she looked into this Moon shaped gate she understood the Curosity she had to enter it, it seemed so natural to be drawn to it....

Stepping through the Moongate she saw visions of many lands inside, many places she could go. The one that drew her to, was the City of Moonglow. This was like her Fate, her Destiny she knew this was her first step of many to come..........

Stepping into this new place, she stepped into a wooded area filled with many creatures. All seemed to be drawn to her....and they all followed her as she looked for a safe place to sleep till daylight....the bears seemed to protect her and gave her comfort and warmth.....As she lay next to the fuzzy warm bears her thoughts were of morning and to find her way towards what seemed to be a bright magical village close by....lights seem to flicker from the village, and hopefully the people of the village would be as accepting of her as the Jukar people had been....gazing up to the stars she saw the confort and knew this was her path .....The Moon shone bright and clear tonight....this was where she should be.....

(to be continued)
~ Daenyra

Daenyra

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
........as she opened her eyes to the bright Sun glaring in her face, the sunshine seemed to block the Image standing before her. *blinking* she rubbed her eyes and looked again, standing there was what appeared to be a Ranger looking at her curiously. Startled she scrambled to her feet.....as the man spoke she heard the words......" Hello , my name is Dirnim...what has brought you here to sleep on the ground?" the man said. As she looked around the bears had vanished, the man must have scared them away, her protectors were gone and who was this seemingly friendly guy speaking to her .....and so *yawns* so early in the morning...

Following him into the Village he Called Moonglow she was so eager to see, the iron fence around the city was somewhat unsettling to her as she thought *why in the world do they have such a thing around the Village was it to help keep out the mighty T-Rex? As her thoughts were on this, she couldn't imagine this short fence holding out such creatures from the city* with child like fascination, she ran from building to building touching the stonework at the bank,,, then running to the blacksmith shop touching the wood of the walls outside. What an amazing place this was, *turning smiling at her new friend Dirnim she pointed to the center of town where the telepads were to transport you across the Island* ......"what is that?" she asked him. As he chuckled he explained how they worked and showed her where they would take her. Overjoyed she ran from one to the next over and over.....

Her new friend Dirnim gave her the tour of the Island explaining what each building was and what it was for.....she must seem like a child to him she thought at one point, but she was no child. So many new things to learn and the clothing of these people seemed to be to lightweight for any sort of protection, unlike her tiger skin armor, yet she would try to wear these things given to her and try to fit in. Dirnim explained this had been his birth place and he visited here often, he told her of the City he now resided at and promised one day when she was ready he would take her there to see Skara Brae but today she was where she wanted to be. The aura of this new place seemed so Magical and the Moon had assured her this was where she was meant to be...........for now.

Last edited:

Daenyra

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
She was becoming accustomed to this new lands and life here was so much easier then the savage lands of Eodan. No Myrmidex trying to enslave the people here nor Dinosaurs trying to kill her. How simple a place to live and so many modern ways of life , making life so much easier here. She had learned how to use the Moongate and travel to other parts of the Kingdom and she had met the Governor of Moonglow, Wolfmistress and had been shown the schools of magic here....so much yet to learn but she was progressing and becoming more like everyone else. The animals of the forest still adored her and followed her to protect her ....yet she had lived in a land where creatures were violent and evil so she stayed on guard , she loved these creatures but reservations of those feelings would exist and she would watched for signs of evil and uncertainty of the nature of these beasts, this would always remain within her thoughts. She liked her new friends but caution had been taught her, her entire life so she would guard those feelings and learn from those she felt she could trust. Cities of this land were so much more advanced then where she had grew up and those who committed crimes were not banished but and thrown in prisons, in cold filthy stone buildings with unfit food and dirty water. It was a horrible fate, yet which was worse the banishment into the lands of creature waiting for a wandering meal or being tortured in such a place as these prisons.

With the help of Dirnim she found a home on Moonglow, here she would begin her new life. Yet something within her knew this was just her beginning....here she would learn the ways of this land and try to become one of these people. This new land held so many mystery's to her and somehow she felt a connection to it.....soon she would learn of her connection here.

Last edited:

Daenyra

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
As months pass and Frustration of feeling, to not fit in. This land was so confusing and the people seemed contrary and boisterous and I seemed to be a bundle of anger .........

....as I tried to conquer my savage emotions and stay within the shadows boredom and loneliness begins to madden me.....secretly I must find my first friend in this new kingdom and seek out his companionship. Someone who sees the good within me. Many months had past and perhaps the friendship would not be the same. Yet it was the closest I have felt to anyone here and right now I needed an escape from those who seemed to only see the anger inside me.
Walking up the path to the cabin, that fear inside me , what if he does not want me here. *knocking on the door, an sighing biting my lip* the door opens, there before me stood the friend and the smile I had so needed to see. Coffee was a new thing for me,,,,as he tells me "this is a drink not everyone enjoys"...........but I liked it and chatting seemed to be relaxing .....this is the friend I had missed so much the last few months and it was wonderful to see that smile again. I could see life had been wearing on his mind and it appeared he to needed a break from it all. As I watch him move from his chair, I could see he was bringing a book....."here" he says as he opens the book...."lets go for a small adventure.." smiling at me he shows me the rune and nods to me to take myself there. I could tell we had made way to the old world, and here there were not many around as in most places I had travelled in the old lands, but here it was cold and the ground was covered white.......as I turn to look at him to ask what this was....*wham* I get hit with a ball made of this white substance from the ground. "Oh you think that's funny" laughing as I try to do the same and throw at him. "This is snow" he says as he laughs at me brushing this off my hair. "Snow" I say looking confused. The day passes quickly and I don't think either of us wanted to leave....this was a magical place, cold yet it was like a wonderland......... and I LOVED it here. It was like this place knew me...knew the explosion of my emotions I had bottled up for so long. This would be my hideaway and where I wanted to stay ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,as I looked up to Dirnim I saw it in his face he felt the same way.....wandering the island there were beasts of many kinds, beautiful white bears seemed to be my favorite, I had always been fond of bears since my arrival to Britainia, and these were magnificent and gorgeous and they seemed to love me. I was just so caught up in them gathering around me I hadn't noticed that Dirnim wasn't near. As I turn looking for him I heard the moan of the most terrifying beast, as it fell to the ground, skin of bluish tint and large head thumping the ground.....I look from just past it and see Dirnim shaking his head...."you are going to have to pay attention here that thing coulda killed you...." he says in a concerned voice. Still caught up with the bears adoring me and smiling " but look are they not the most beautiful beings you have ever seen?" saying as I try to avoid the Troll topic. " ....and Yes I see now I will pay attention". This was a beautiful place but there were dangers here and it seemed not to be perfect, but to me it was more then perfect. As we approached an opening into the mountain the bears seemed to slowly fade back into the snow lands, of coarse Dirnim just had to see what was down the pathway, so we made way deeper to the center of the mountain until we came to what seemed to be a cave. Not even giving me a look he steps into the cave. As I stop for a second and with a deep sigh, something inside me seemed to just know this wasn't a good idea but following right behind him I step into the darkness of the cave. Within a short distance inside the cave it seemed to be inhabited, the walls were man made and bricked and the moaning and sounds within these walls were haunting and the aura was chilling. Turning to look at me ...."DUCK" , Dirnim loudly yells at me.Ducking and dodging to the side as his arrow flys past me and into a skeletal thing behind me. Bones clinking to the ground in a pile on the floor behind me I stood there in shock. "These are the bones of dead people..." is all that could come out of my mouth. " well actually they are Undead " says Dirnim. This land I have stepped into from Eodan had so many Odd things within it, then again I supose these people would say that about the lands I come from. From down the dark Corridor we could hear more of the same sounds of this thing and it seemed to be more then just a few, Quickly shoving me back to the Cave entrance Dirnim grabs my arm and drags me outside "Let's
make way to the snow, quick! "......They seemed to follow beyond the cave.....as we reach the snow there the newly friended Bears began to protect us and the Undead that had followed fell to the ground in bone piles along the path.
Looking at each other and nodding, it became an unspoken agreement. This was dark magic within this mountain and it must be guarded and kept within the stone of the mountain.
Within the next months my time seemed to be spent mostly on Dagar Island it seemed to consume me.....within the mountain range here was a dark undead presence. Darkness that seemed to want to control this magical wonderland and keeping the Undead within the mountain became a goal for me. There seemed to be a dark magic here and it needed to be kept within the mountain. I watched both facets of this island and maintaining a safe peaceful place for people to live was needed here. Establishing a fortress was a process and builders were brought from Britainia to construct a safe retreat and stronghold. The members of Dragon Bloodline were starting to expand to this island and it was becoming our headquarters. Dirnim seemed to thrive on killing the undead here and would most often be found closer to the danger, while I proceeded to oversee the construction of a Fortress here, in a safer location away from the majority of the creatures.
~ Daenyra

Last edited:

Daenyra

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Finishing touches on Black Rain Fortress almost complete and things with Jaden seeming to become better....she seems to spend more time with me now ....showing me things needed done on this project of mine for safety measures and Dirnim keeping the builders busy .....its almost like what it must feel like to have Parents......Jaden seems to think I am being a more patient young lady and that Magic Classes are helping me, she has shown me so much in the ways of caring for Dragons. The two of us have spent much time together and she has taught me so much.

She has spared no expense on having stone shipped in to construct this fortress and Dirnim seems to make it his job to keep the undead within the Mountain. They both seem to think this is a good outlet and I believe it is my purpose to protect those from unnatural things like the Undead .....in the spare time after the builders leave for the day, I then find time to dance around in the snow with the polar bears and explore the island of Snow. If Jaden and Dirnim only knew of my frolics around the Island alone ....I am not sure they would approve

Last edited: