• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Couple questions.

T

Trodak

Hello

I stopped playing UO back in 2004 and have been debating returning but have a few questions first.

How many people still play UO?

How many people still play on Baja? Is there still an active community for both pvp and pvm?

Is it still crowded for housing? (IE no space for a small house) or has it tamed down to the point you can find housing locations.

Thanks, Tro.

T

Turdnugget

Plenty of housing... it's not uncommon to find a place for a 15x15 or larger.

Still plenty of community as far as PvP/PvM. Just gotta find the right group to run with depending on what you like to do.

Just be aware that PvP has been rather tainted with speedhacks/PvP scripts etc...Lots of 'leet' PvPers feel the need to use more than just UOA to enhance their performance.

With the addition of Replica drops from champion spawns, you can find most of the Trammel champ spawns almost always active, and some in Fel as well.

As far as how many people play UO still... not sure. But peak time on Baja there is a fair amount. Atlantic boasts the biggest #'s though.

T

Trodak

Thank you for the information :) maby I will poke my head back in game once i remember my old account info :)

Tro

T

Turdnugget

It's still plenty fun. Just gotta be able to take the good with the bad.

Don't let the in game jerks get to ya.

Getting started up can be difficult... if you need any help/gear etc... let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Xel The Wanderer

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Turdnugget(s) rules! I never thought I'd hear or see myself say that, but I had to say that at least once or twice in my Life. :D

Trodak, if you choose Baja, there's always stand-up folk (like Turd...Heheheheh...I said "Turd" again) who will help you out, and even if you didn't choose this shard, welcome back! :)

Voluptuous

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd say about 30% or more of Malas is open to 18x18 spots. there are plenty of 18x18 or tower spots to be had in Tram too. Population is way down.

T

Turdnugget

Thanks Xel =)

Don't let my username fool you...most people in game who know who I am will vouch :lick:

Population is down, but it's not nearly as bad as other shards, and Baja's community has always been great.

I've been on Baja since 2002ish or so. Only reason i've played other shards, was to farm champion spawns on dead servers =)

Xel The Wanderer

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks Xel =)

Don't let my username fool you...most people in game who know who I am will vouch :lick:

Population is down, but it's not nearly as bad as other shards, and Baja's community has always been great.

I've been on Baja since 2002ish or so. Only reason i've played other shards, was to farm champion spawns on dead servers =)
It's all good, brother. I'm of the school of thought: "Don't judge a book by its cover." :thumbup: It's great seeing you and everyone else helping out players who are returning or new players. One of the reasons why this game has been out longer than most MMORPGs (with the exception of MUDs): solid community. Props to you and the Baja peeps! :love: