• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Archery] Couple questions for the Bow Wielders out there..

AxiamInc

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
After many years of letting my archer in training sit on the shelf and collect dust I decided to finish him off before the SA launch. Now that I am getting close to the point of completion I'm starting to wonder if squeezing in another 100 skill points is viable.

My initial idea was to run a pretty standard ABC Archer swapping Resist out for Necro/Med/etc as the situation was suited for it. I would like to make Resist and Necro a staple in the template without losing out on the benefits of Healing, Tactics, and Anatomy.

What I'm aiming for is this:
120 Archery (100 real + 20 from Headdress)
120 Bushido
100 Tactics
100 Anatomy
100 Healing
100 Resist
100 Necro (80 real + 20 from Bracers)
80 Chivalry

Which naturally leaves me with 60 points to try to make up on my jewels or other items. I know it will probably be tough to find the right pieces with HCI and DI on them as well, but I'm willing to take the time to find what I need. And with Imbuing around the corner, it might not be as tough as I first figured.

I'm just wondering if any of you have attempted this build? Successes? Failures? Is it really even worth my time or should I just sit with the standard template?

Thanks for any tips or experience you can offer.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My first revision of ABC archer had 100 necromancy (I was changing my sampire at the time, necromany was the last skill to be dropped) rather than resist or meditation. It worked out well so far as not needing to heal myself.

I switched to resist, but quickly decided that another skill would suit me better in its place, so I moved that last skill to meditation.

Anyway, my conclusion was, necromancy is nice, but not critical to your success as an archer. Even without necromancy, I rarely die when fighting in a group. I still rarely fight alone with my archer, preferring my tamer when trying to solo things. But he still kills small things very quickly, using honor to heal, and big things cause little trouble.

C

Connor_Graham

I've never actually tried Necro on my ABC archer, but I can tell you that I've solo'd both DH and Travesty with him, along with every boss in Doom except the Fleshrenderers (which I do believe Necro would allow) and was never in any danger of dieing.