• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Magery] Couple questions for PVP mage gurus.

C

Cazzador

I been trying my hands at pvp. I been using Weaken to fizzle mages, and lots ebolts. I use Heal insted of G-heals unless I got time. I'm also using poison so they can't heal and slows peeps down a little. But I feel like I'm missing something. Since I keep getting schooled 8) Archers destroy me.
Anyone got a few tips that would help me improve at least to survive 8)
Im using Vanilla 120s Magery,Eval,Med,Wrest,Resist. With inscription.

jtw1984

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With imbuing changes a good archer can def be a challenge. I would suggest dropping wrestling and picking up a mage wep.

On top of that you should consider necro for blood oathe.

C

Cazzador

Should I be using a swamp dragon I was just thinking about that.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

Armored Swamp Dragons don't affect player damage, though if you just mean for a live mount then yeah its a good idea, they can have around 180-190 hp I think.

You could gain an extra 20 points by changing Wrestling for 100 Anatomy which combined with 120 Eval will give you the same defense minus the specials, which are rarely useful these days.

You can still use DCI from whatever your melee defense wether its Mage Weapon, Wrestling or Defensive Wrestling. You can stack it over the cap to negate their HLD.

You can use Faction Bandages without Healing skill and Enchanted apples to get rid of Mortal.

Use Protection and summons and Mana Vamp and the landscape and Energy Fields to give yourself an advantage. If you can trap someone with Energy Fields, Dispel the tile under them and put a Poison Field down.

Parra pets.

S

Stupid Miner

Should I be using a swamp dragon I was just thinking about that.
Dismount (and disarm) them with an imbued (-20 magery) wand? then spam harm? Dunno, i'm not exactly a mage

Edit: heh, right, mage, no tactics. Still... Bola/wrestle Disarm

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Killing an archer/dexer is completely different than killing a mage.

On a dexer you need to do burst dmg because dexers can run and heal without stopping. The trck is getting them 1/2 lifed normally and then hitting an exp/fs. Or start using stun punch to trick em.

Mages is a different story. And honestly, a mage with potions should never die to another mage in the open field.

R

RollinTheTweed

I recently switched my scribe mage back to parry for that reason, that's what I suggest. I wouldnt dare drop my 120 wrestling. I'll tweak my dex over 80 with items before all that so I get better parry use. Wrestling can be nice if you know how to use it, and you dont have to run because of disarm.