• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Could it be??

D

Dogsoffour

wow! =D I really hope this works out, I can't wait!

T

T-man

It looks... fake to me. I mean, where's the OFFICAL proof this is real?

D

debslee

Well if they pull it together, it would be awesome, but I am a little skeptical like T-man. rolleyes:

S

Shari

I'll believe it when I see it... I will be watching also!

D

debslee

Everyone, I have just had it confirmed on "good authority" that this site is illegal and false, and the Legal department of EA will be advised accordingly. So I suggest you steer clear of it! :(

T

T-man

Bah! Just as I thought... EA would never make a GOOD decision... no... they have a REPUTATION to keep as being morons...

S

Starrfoxx

Even if it was true, I'm sure EA would have botched it up somehow.

Honestly, someone with clever programming skills needs to come up with an add on that adds internet and LAN capability with The Sims. No, it wouldn't be the same as TSO, but at least you could connect LAN with friends and play Sims together.

T

T-man

Or, even better, The Sims 2. Take that EA! We got your THE SIMS ONLINE 2 right here! HA!

But why only LAN? What about WLANs? (For the ignorant: WLAN = Internet/Internet like things)

Though it is good to hear that the EA legal department has brain-cells. Pah!

K

Katheryne

But why only LAN? What about WLANs? (For the ignorant: WLAN = Internet/Internet like things)
Actually, WLAN stands for nothing more than Wireless LAN. If something is LAN-capable, there's a good chance you can access it with your wireless gear as well.

The acronym you may be thinking of is WAN - Wide-Area Network. The Internet is a WAN. In theory, if you have an Internet connection, you can connect to other LANs that have a WAN gateway.

M

MiamiFan

Awwwwww :( dang it I told 2 people about it Who ever posted that I'm going to find then lock them in a dumpster with bunch of rats I want My Sims Back awwwwwwww :(

S

Starrfoxx

I miss it too. Try as I might, I just can't get into Second Life. And I've tried Tirnua, and I'm not impressed. It looks like a bad, flash rendition of TSO. :fake:

G

Gilly

...but to be fair, Tirnua is only in the alpha stages. TSO was in development from a fully realized and completed game for over a year before beta testing started. Tirnua has only been around for a few months and is still being developed. :eek:

It has a lot of potential.....and it feels more like TSO than SL to me.

M

MiamiFan

Yes thats True its starting to look good i hope it goes full screen tho

J

Jessie Taylor

Everyone, I have just had it confirmed on "good authority" that this site is illegal and false, and the Legal department of EA will be advised accordingly. So I suggest you steer clear of it! :(
Yeah, it looked suspisious to me too. There would be links in the sims 2 pages. And if you recall, TSO was a major rewrite of The Sims code, not just a few modifications. I sersiously doubt that you could take The Sims 2 and make a Sims 2 Online with a plug in.

If any form of online were forthcoming, I think it would be in Sims 3, since Sims 2 is kinda winding down as far as new development.

S

Starrfoxx

If any form of online were forthcoming, I think it would be in Sims 3, since Sims 2 is kinda winding down as far as new development.
And they've already stated that there is no online interaction planned for Sims 3. The only online things they have planned is movie editing, sharing files, uploading stories, in-game advertisement, and everyone's favorite . . . game activation.

By the way, it's nice to see you Jessie. :D