• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

could i get a better greater?

S

sinalong

hi all I have 2 greater dragons in my stables, I would like u 2 rate them, tell me if it would be hard to find someting better and Iam offering 10 mil europa for a better one.. cheers

hp 873 897
ma 618 623
st 627 614

83 75
85 77
43 46
59 55
72 70

121 123
117 120
110 115
100 100
114 104
100 100
100 100

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, it's solid. Good resists, good stats, good skills. A nice all around drag.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This first is better that the second but it can be improved. The second isnt't all that impresive.

I take a pass on wild ones better than the second one

hp 873 Ok in todays GD spawning
ma 618 Ok, but isn't all that improtant
st 627 solid

83 solid (Phys Resist)
85 solid (Fire Resist)
43 eh acceptable considering (Cold Resist)
59 good (Poison Resist)
72 good (Energy Resist)

121 wrestling (weak to acceptable, mine run 128.n+)
117 tactics (weak to acceptable, mine run 125.n+)
110 resist spells (ok to acceptable but not that big a deal)
100 anatomy max
114 Magery Acceptable, again not that big a deal
100 EvalInt Max
100 Meditation Max
So the places for improvement are Energy Resist, Wrestling and Tactics.

These are not hard knocks, just OFI's (Opportunities For Improvement)

I pretty much check twice daily, 7/52. Felucca, Trammel and Ilsh.

I believe there has been a stealth nerf to Greater Dragons.

I believe that the days of the Really Great Greater Dragons have gone. I admittedly do not turn them over any longer looking for an improvements.

BUT the ones I see are on average about 60% to 75% of what they were the first couple 3 months of being in the game.

So hold on to that first one and only take solid upgrades, if you can find them.

With that GD you can probably turn over the Greaters and given time, you may run into an upgrade.

I have not encountered an upgrade in 3+ months.

S

Sarphus

This first is better that the second but it can be improved. The second isnt't all that impresive.

I take a pass on wild ones better than the second one

So the places for improvement are Energy Resist, Wrestling and Tactics.

These are not hard knocks, just OFI's (Opportunities For Improvement)

I pretty much check twice daily, 7/52. Felucca, Trammel and Ilsh.

I believe there has been a stealth nerf to Greater Dragons.

I believe that the days of the Really Great Greater Dragons have gone. I admittedly do not turn them over any longer looking for an improvements.

BUT the ones I see are on average about 60% to 75% of what they were the first couple 3 months of being in the game.

So hold on to that first one and only take solid upgrades, if you can find them.

With that GD you can probably turn over the Greaters and given time, you may run into an upgrade.

I have not encountered an upgrade in 3+ months.
I agree. I made a char with stealth, herding and animal lore just to lore the greaters (btw there are 10 total in destard fel). In a month of checking them every day I never even came close to getting one as good as my main dragon. I found one that was good enough to be a keeper, but when I tamed it the stats changed completely (supposedly a known bug).

I stopped farming them after a month. I may farm other types of pets using the same method at some point, but not greater dragons.

PS
Stealth/Ninja/Shepherd/Ranger is THE BEST character for passively picking an upgraded pet.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Stealth/Ninja/Shepherd/Ranger is THE BEST character for passively picking an upgraded pet.
I may change my 2nd tamer to that. But first I would model it on TC.

The 2nd tamer is a Tamer/Stealth/Honor :)

He has been caped Honor wise for 2 months now?

I got to Honor Tame one GD with him as some one was looking for any GD with over 950HP's the rest didn't matter. He agreed to pay 5MGP's so I went back to Destard Trammel and picked up a 975HP that I had seen last time I checked.

It had (memory)

HP(075)
Int(523)
Str(621)

Phr(72)
Fr(77)
the rest were 40 to 60

W(116 would train to)
T(108)
RS(111)

Magery(104)

I also check the two at Fire Temple Felucca and Trammel

S

Sarphus

I play too many chars for my limited playtime, so I never have honor worked up. It would take too much of my available playtime to keep honor up.

As a result, I lead tame greater dragons. I'm really good at it, though ;)

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I play too many chars for my limited playtime, so I never have honor worked up. It would take too much of my available playtime to keep honor up.

As a result, I lead tame greater dragons. I'm really good at it, though ;)
I only Honor GD's, Pure White Cu's, Jet Black Cu's etc., the Cu's only if I have reason to be paranoid.

Every thing else I lead tame.

The thing I like least about the LT of GD's, is the ... strange pathing in Destard, the rest of the places I could deal with it. Some areas you can appear to be almost under them and be to far away, other areas you can appear to be 4+squares away and take melee damage.

Besides I am not opposed to roleing the Cu's over for the Top 3 Color's, so The White Wyrm and I are old friends, I mostly farm him for hides, honor, fame and karma, well and the insurance fund as well.