• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Corrupted portal

Scarlett

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
Moved my corrupted portal today and now not working at all. Kept relocating to see if that would help but no go. Anyone know a workaround. I am waiting on a GM but been waiting 30 min now.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Raise and lower it a bit. Front steps on some keeps are bad for portals.

Scarlett

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
Yeah I read that. Odd though it is nowhere near steps. It is on the bottom floor of my keep. Put it back in the same place as it was when it was working fine lol.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That's all that matters. I have to stand on the grass to use my crystal portal that is on the steps. If you stand on the steps next to it, nothing happens.

Scarlett

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
No, sorry what I mean is my corrupted portal has never been near steps. When I moved it I moved it one tile from where it was originally. It no longer works at all. No steps, flat bottom floor and even moved it one tile to where it used to be and no longer works. Guess I will wait for gm but not sure if one is coming.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
No, sorry what I mean is my corrupted portal has never been near steps. When I moved it I moved it one tile from where it was originally. It no longer works at all. No steps, flat bottom floor and even moved it one tile to where it used to be and no longer works. Guess I will wait for gm but not sure if one is coming.
They were discussing issues with these in bugs forum

Donzer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
HAd the same issue with some of my portals. At one point worked in an area, then suddenly they didnt.
PAged a GM, and he just said he couldnt help, it could either be another portal close by, or any other items/inteference that could cause the issue. And I basically had to remove everything from my home if I wanted to figure it out.

Ended up finding a new corner in the house where they all worked - even when raised.

You have not recorated around the previously placement? Could be another item that intefere with it now.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
All mine are here. You have to stand on the grass to use the Crystal portal, It would not work on the step at all, a GM lowered it till it worked, then I piles the rest in. The others work on the steps or on the grass.

1684452244512.png

Donzer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
mine is moved almost to the back North wall of my castle to work on the ground floor.
1684501941126.png
I can raise them up and they are still working. On the first floor they will work in several different locations - seems to be something on the lower level that affects their function.
As mentioned previously I raised the issue with a GM, who just told me that something was disturbing them, but he couldn't say what it was, or where it was located. Just that I had to try differnent things...

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
If you have teleporters on top of each other or in front of each other, they will stop working correctly. I had same issue as the OP some time ago... had teleporters all working right, then I moved one of them and the corrupted portal in particular stopped responding to commands. I spread them out a bit and it began working correctly again.

mine is moved almost to the back North wall of my castle to work on the ground floor.
View attachment 143652
I can raise them up and they are still working. On the first floor they will work in several different locations - seems to be something on the lower level that affects their function.
As mentioned previously I raised the issue with a GM, who just told me that something was disturbing them, but he couldn't say what it was, or where it was located. Just that I had to try differnent things...
I like the set up!

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Speaking of portals I just noticed this, but did everyone know that in the EC, you only need one portal to go anywhere ? If you manually interact with either type of portal you can go to bank/moongate/dungeon. In the classic client the corrupted is dungeons only..I didn't explain that well, but I think you get the idea..

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Speaking of portals I just noticed this, but did everyone know that in the EC, you only need one portal to go anywhere ? If you manually interact with either type of portal you can go to bank/moongate/dungeon. In the classic client the corrupted is dungeons only..I didn't explain that well, but I think you get the idea..
Even with EC it's spotty sometimes either works or not