• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Corrupted Crystal Portal

Porky

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Is the corrupted crystal portal no longer working? Mine won't do anything today so far.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What are you wanting it to do besides teleport you to places when you word it correctly, or use the context menu in EC ? I can tell you right now, it's not very good at cleaning up your living room, it won't welcome you home after a hard nights gold farming, it does make a nice deco piece though...(/end sarcasm) could you be a little less vague as to the symptoms it's displaying so we can try and help ?

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What are you wanting it to do besides teleport you to places when you word it correctly, or use the context menu in EC ? I can tell you right now, it's not very good at cleaning up your living room, it won't welcome you home after a hard nights gold farming, it does make a nice deco piece though...(/end sarcasm) could you be a little less vague as to the symptoms it's displaying so we can try and help ?
.... well as you pointed out it only does one thing so one would assume that is what is not working...

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Been using mine all day, so they are working. There may be a z-axis issue, depending on where you placed it. try moving it and then use it again. may also want to try the security setting, may have accidentally gotten changed.

Porky

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Thanks for all the replies! Ever since I placed it a couple weeks ago, it's been working like it should... teleporting me to which ever dungeon I would say. Now it does nothing.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for all the replies! Ever since I placed it a couple weeks ago, it's been working like it should... teleporting me to which ever dungeon I would say. Now it does nothing.
Is it on the floor or raised up?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Porky

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
So, I tried picking it up and then locking it back down, but no go. Then I tried clicking on it, and checked the box for dungeon and the box for shame, just to see if it would work, and when I clicked "go", it said "dungeon wind" (even though I chose shame) and still it did nothing. Hope it's not permanently broken! :(

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They should fix the other two to be more like the newer ones. Open... push a button. No words needed. :) No "corruption".

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
do you have it set so anyone can use it?

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
is it in the courtyard of the original castle?
both me and my husband always had problems with them there

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is the corrupted crystal portal no longer working? Mine won't do anything today so far.
A little off topic but why is there a security setting on these? If locked down why does someone have to set it to 'anyone' for others to use it? Whats the harm? Its not like you can use up charges or something.

Nothing burns me up more than someone putting this on their steps and its set to owners only and it doesn't work for the passerby. What is the harm?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
A little off topic but why is there a security setting on these? If locked down why does someone have to set it to 'anyone' for others to use it? Whats the harm? Its not like you can use up charges or something.

Nothing burns me up more than someone putting this on their steps and its set to owners only and it doesn't work for the passerby. What is the harm?
I've always wondered that myself...

Porky

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
It's set to "friends". I placed it in my backpack and then locked it down again, but no go. Maybe I should just buy another one to see if that one will work?

Porky

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I just tried placing it on the floor, and now it works! But, why did it work before when it was sitting on the stone table? weird. It still won't work if I put it on the table.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's an elevation thing, been reported before. one of those things in UO that make you go "Hmmmm"

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Again, I raised both of mine from off of the floor and the both still work.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mine only works when it is on the ground. Raise 1 level and it wont work.

So why did the OPs not work?