• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Corrupted Crystal Portal Nerf?

claudia-fjp

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Correct me if I'm wrong but a few weeks ago if you used this to teleport to the Abyss it actually took you inside and now it just drops you outside the Tomb of Kings instead...

O

olduofan

Thats lame the hole thing with not being able to teleport in keeps me away from it never like the hole ish recall and gate blocking

RaDian FlGith

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thats lame the hole thing with not being able to teleport in keeps me away from it never like the hole ish recall and gate blocking
Ilshenar was -- prior to the overruning of the place by paragons -- a fun, interesting place to adventure, and the lack of gate/recall actually added a sense of danger to it.

Of course, these days, you can recall out of it, so there's that.

The paragons on the other hand have been and remain waaaaaay too fast, so if you bump into one of the wrong variety, good luck.

As for the deal with the Abyss, not sure how things are on your shard, but on Great Lakes, I know both of the Abyss plots have teleporters in them that lead to the surface world, and to each other. In fact, the central house has several teleporters leading to it:

- The other abyss house in the west
- A house in Luna
- The Library of Sosaria complex near the Yew moongate
- The High Council of Britannia teleport chamber in Compassion Grove

And the High Council of Britannia teleport chamber itself has teleports to Newcastle, Dracona, and Novus Dracona as well (near Wrong, and the Tram and Fel sides of the Yew/Brit/Minoc crossroads -- basically near the Fishing Council of Britannia).

If such a situation doesn't exist on your shard, why not see what it would take to make it so?

O

olduofan

honestly I did and they have moved them a few times and 1 house you have to be befriended and the owner is never on I dont see why they can have 2 spots to recall in like 1 at the tree and other by the rats maybe just a thought. and as far as ish I really dont have a problem with it being how it is most of the time and I do like the paras alot there other than a few that are very very hard to out run ha.

claudia-fjp

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As for the deal with the Abyss, not sure how things are on your shard, but on Great Lakes, I know both of the Abyss plots have teleporters in them that lead to the surface world, and to each other. In fact, the central house has several teleporters leading to it:

- The other abyss house in the west
- A house in Luna
- The Library of Sosaria complex near the Yew moongate
- The High Council of Britannia teleport chamber in Compassion Grove

And the High Council of Britannia teleport chamber itself has teleports to Newcastle, Dracona, and Novus Dracona as well (near Wrong, and the Tram and Fel sides of the Yew/Brit/Minoc crossroads -- basically near the Fishing Council of Britannia).

If such a situation doesn't exist on your shard, why not see what it would take to make it so?
Or the Corrupted Crystal Portal as of two weeks ago, you know the one in MY house... which is the point I'm making, why was it changed?

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Correct me if I'm wrong but a few weeks ago if you used this to teleport to the Abyss it actually took you inside and now it just drops you outside the Tomb of Kings instead...
Where did it drop you inside the Abyss? I never had one of them until recently and hadn't even noticed that the Abyss was one of the options on it....

jbfortune

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Had mine a 2 months or so and its always been outside the Tomb for me. Not sure when it changed.

O

olduofan

Or the Corrupted Crystal Portal as of two weeks ago, you know the one in MY house... which is the point I'm making, why was it changed?
because it made you far to powerful and also gave you an unfair advantage over the rest of us. you now have to spend an extra 10mins running ALLLLLL the way in for what reason IDK im sure some dev that doesn't play can explain why they feel the need to make hunting in the abyss such an irritating thing to do... :lol:

claudia-fjp

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Where did it drop you inside the Abyss? I never had one of them until recently and hadn't even noticed that the Abyss was one of the options on it....
I didn't have a map up at the time but it looked like the south side of the central lava river and NW of Medusa's entrance. It was my first few times using the Crystal Portal to go there trying it out. This being UO and nothing working right I suppose it could have just been a glitch...

RaDian FlGith

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't have an answer for that simply because I don't presently have one. I was responding to the post I quoted, while simultaneously offering alternative solutions.

One thing I forgot to mention is that if you haven't completed the quest to enter, even the teleporters won't let you in.

So I suppose if it did change, it was simply to keep the rules of Abyss entry consistent with the need to complete the quest to get in, as I bet it works for folks who both have and have not completed it.

TullyMars

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mine always took me to the Tomb of the Kings entrance on the command Dungeon Abyss.

Alternately if you use the command Dungeon Underworld, many people mistake that for the Abyss Dungeon as it has an entrance into there.

Wonder if the command "Fel Dungeon Abyss" would bring you to the Felucca areas of the Abyss Dungeon automatically....never tried and didn't really think to try until now.

TullyMars

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
because it made you far to powerful and also gave you an unfair advantage over the rest of us. you now have to spend an extra 10mins running ALLLLLL the way in for what reason IDK im sure some dev that doesn't play can explain why they feel the need to make hunting in the abyss such an irritating thing to do... :lol:
I know I probably should resist but I have to ask...

Did YOU ever have a corrupted crystal portal and did it transport you into the Abyss and now you noticed it changed?

If not, are you just complaining for the shear joy of it? Trolling?

Reason being is my corrupted crystal portal always brought me to the Tomb of the Kings, so I think the OP is mistaken...and I just wanted to see if YOU had any reason for your answer or was it some unfounded area to jump on dev bashing rant.

Lord Raven

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
honestly I did and they have moved them a few times and 1 house you have to be befriended...
Owner just needs to set security to anyone... but maybe they don't want to? If they have a bulletin board, leave 'em a message.

My neighbor on Atlantic has a public portal to their house in the Abyss... comes out near the life tree thing.

To those complaining about the long run in... are you going in through the Tomb of Kings? That is shorter, and even if you want to be on the other side of the Abyss, probably a faster run.

As for the Corrupted Crystal Portal... I just got mine a little bit ago so didn't notice the change, but as someone else suggested... probably changed to keep folks who hadn't finished the quest from getting in?

Nimuaq

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tested it in TC1 in December 11, 2010 (five days before Publish 69 is released to the shards) and it sent me to the entrance of the Tomb of Kings. Here it is documented: Difference between revisions.

I doubt they changed it after it is released, they didn't even fixed the typo on Labyrinth. So I think what you had was probably a bug.

claudia-fjp

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tested it in TC1 in December 11, 2010 (five days before Publish 69 is released to the shards) and it sent me to the entrance of the Tomb of Kings. Here it is documented: Difference between revisions.

I doubt they changed it after it is released, they didn't even fixed the typo on Labyrinth. So I think what you had was probably a bug.
Yeah, I teleported there twice that day and told a friend about it when I ran into him. I DO know the difference between the Underworld entrance, the Tomb of Kings entrance and the inside of the Abyss. I also tested blocking the spot it takes you to and it just moved me over 1 more tile. So probably some glitch, perhaps a sub server down. Who knows with this buggy game...

O

olduofan

honestly I did and they have moved them a few times and 1 house you have to be befriended...
Owner just needs to set security to anyone... but maybe they don't want to? If they have a bulletin board, leave 'em a message.

My neighbor on Atlantic has a public portal to their house in the Abyss... comes out near the life tree thing.

To those complaining about the long run in... are you going in through the Tomb of Kings? That is shorter, and even if you want to be on the other side of the Abyss, probably a faster run.

As for the Corrupted Crystal Portal... I just got mine a little bit ago so didn't notice the change, but as someone else suggested... probably changed to keep folks who hadn't finished the quest from getting in?
I tested mine out and it sends me to Tomb of Kings as well not all my chars have access to abyss the one i tested did I wounder if all my char did if it would drop me inside?

Nimuaq

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tested mine out and it sends me to Tomb of Kings as well not all my chars have access to abyss the one i tested did I wounder if all my char did if it would drop me inside?
All of my characters have access to the Stygian Abyss dungeon -I completed the Sacred quest with all to participate in the Ranger of the Abyss last year- and the location doesn't change for me. Maybe it is related to the sacred quest and the other (harder) quest you complete for the access.

I'm not having a lot of difficulty in Europa, thanks to the WoY guilds' teleporter near the moongate in Zento. Their house in Abyss is also connected to the other house owned by Raistlin Nowhere near the Cavern of the Discarded, which has a teleporter to a house in Luna.

WoY guild's house is decorated as the human outpost with a prison, a healer, a guard and and a cannon facing east while the other house is decorated as the gargish outpost whose walls are teared down by the creatures of the abyss but inside it is standing strong with a soul and a regular forge and arcane circles available for anyone to use. Both houses have ankh of sacrifice to resurrect and the human outpost also have a healer selling bandages. The human outpost has a room displaying the artifacts gathered from the Abyss while the gargish outpost has a room displaying the statues of the five most powerful creatures of Abyss.

I like these two houses more than any other house in Ter Mur, including the Queen's palace. They're like community owned properties run by the dedicated owners. I guess we're one of the lucky shards out there.