• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Copying macros & preferences from existing installation

Skylark SP

Available Storage: 0
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I dug up the 9th AE discs and installed UO on my new comp this evening, as I'd like to be able to log in and give some stuff to people. I wanted to copy over my macros & preferences from the existing UO installation (also done from 9th AE discs) on my old laptop PC.

The game path on both computers is:

C:\Program Files\EA Games\Ultima Online 9th Anniversary Collection

On my laptop, in the game installation directory, there is a sub folder "Desktop" which in turn contains a sub folder for each account & char inside it. However, when I copied and pasted it to the same location on the new comp, none of those macros/preferences are showing up in the game for the char when I log in.

It has been over 2 years since I actively played and more than 3 since I had to reinstall UO...can someone point me to the files I need to copy to the new installation to have my macros & preferences back?

Any help would be much appreciated.

-Skylark

B

Beer_Cayse

the path should be something like:

C:\Documents and Settings\<login user>\My Documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Legacy\User Data\<EA account>

Try that.

Skylark SP

Available Storage: 0
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you! I copied the sub folders labeled with account names from the old Desktop folder to the path you provided, and that worked! My preferences, layout, and macros appear to be intact. :)

-Skylark