• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Copper_Enhanced 1.7.6 now available...

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Notes:
V 1.7.6
- Redesigned Status Bars to make them a bit easier to see, to fit the textures better, and to use better shading
- Rewrote the StatusWindow file to accommodate buff bar tooltips
- Added back in Item Properties Evaluator/Highlighter as updated by Gildar
- Coordinates now remain visible in the Atlas Window while Center on Player is selected even if cursor is not in the map window
- Resized the coordinates text to be slightly larger and readable
- Fixed issues with the Buff Bar not showing the tooltips and timers(Gildar)
- Fixed an issue with the Quick Details Window overlapping buff bar timers (Gildar)
- Made Quick Details Window static, it will still move with the appearance and disappearance of buff bar icons, but it will no longer be draggable

There is still a bit of work I have left on the atlas window as well as the mobile health bars for town npc vendors being a bit wonky, oh and also have to copperize the new icons, but I wanted to get a better version of C-E out so people can actually be using the new status bars, new item properties mods and the buff bar fixes.

As usual, it's at the Exchange and directly: here

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Very nice just took it for a run works great and I really like the new bars !! great work and Thanks again!!

E

eekamouse

Saving settings seems borked.

If I log in to my first character, go and set the OverheadSpells and enable the Tooltip colors, it works ok.

But if I go into my next guy, all of the Tooltip color selections become white. I have to clear my cache in the Documents folder, and then try and go back in. But then it just works for the first guy I try and goes back to the white only colors on the next guy.

Another weird thing... After my first character is saved, if I go save someone else, the Settings gump doesn't close, and I have to relog to get it to go away.

Also.... if I try and change any of the fonts on the Font screen (damage, overhead chat, etc..) and then click OK, the settings gump also stays visiable and shows a localization error next to one of the fonts I tried to edit.

E

eekamouse

Here's a screen shot of the localization error....

Awesome work btw on everything. Not sure what's up with this saving thing for me all of a sudden.

Attachments

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If I log in to my first character, go and set the OverheadSpells and enable the Tooltip colors, it works ok.

But if I go into my next guy, all of the Tooltip color selections become white.
Almost all settings are per-character.

O

omgmir

Awesome, thanks Dermott.

The work you're doing makes UO playable to me.

E

eekamouse

Yep, and deleted all of the "cache" for the mods under Documents.

Anything else I should be looking for?

D

Der Rock

hi, is there something wrong with the color palette for backpack color?
all settings i do there result in to dark greyish backpack,it is always dark..from pure white till black....

there was a other colored grid backpack tool..i have it on 1 of my other computers and there i have a likly bright white backpack..i can see all items clearly.

pls help

;)

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here's a screen shot of the localization error....

Awesome work btw on everything. Not sure what's up with this saving thing for me all of a sudden.
I get that localization error too. Only when I try to pick the newer fonts. Is there a font pack that we need to download?

I really dislike the EC normal overhead chat. The text seems a bit translucent or somewhat too light. I prefer the Default for now.
I like the EC overhead "Names" font. Very UOish. Only prob is, all overhead chat text is STILL harder to read than the Classic Client's chat. EC has definitely improved, but we still don't get the fade effect like CC.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A very important glitch that me and two others noticed while partied using EC... all the party healthbars kept sticking to the mouse cursor. I had to constantly hit CTRL+R to get rid of it. It does this more so now than previously. I don't think it's a skin problem, more rather a EC problem (I might be wrong).

E

eekamouse

A very important glitch that me and two others noticed while partied using EC... all the party healthbars kept sticking to the mouse cursor. I had to constantly hit CTRL+R to get rid of it. It does this more so now than previously. I don't think it's a skin problem, more rather a EC problem (I might be wrong).
Yep. I get that frequently. I haven't tried CTRL+R. What does that do?

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Think of CTR+R as "reset". It just resets the UI or something. You don't lose anything, just re-draws it.

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I get that localization error too. Only when I try to pick the newer fonts. Is there a font pack that we need to download?
Don't worry about the localization error. The only problem is that the name of the font isn't localized (but I'm pretty sure anybody with half a brain can figure out what font it is talking about). I'll try to fix that next time I update the CustomSettingsWindow mod though.

E

eekamouse

Don't worry about the localization error. The only problem is that the name of the font isn't localized (but I'm pretty sure anybody with half a brain can figure out what font it is talking about). I'll try to fix that next time I update the CustomSettingsWindow mod though.
Ok thanks. Any idea why the default colors for the tooltips are all reset to "white"?

Is there a way I can just open up an XML file and make tweeks manually, or is there anything else I can clear out to "know" that I'm on a fresh slate, short of reinstalling UO? =/

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

If you have the Colored Grid Backpack from an earlier version of C-E, then go into the Mods folder and delete it. It was an attempt at making the Colored Grid package work with the C-E UI. Remove the folder and should should be back to the default grid which should look the same as your hotbars.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Is there a way I can just open up an XML file and make tweeks manually,

Notepad (or go download Notepad 2 for a better program) will let you do it. I fully encourage it, dig in and change whatever you wish to make the UI work best for you. That's how I started out in KR. I don't know much about LUA, so I stick mainly with the textures and XML code and putting the stuff together in the C-E package.

Who knows... give it a bit and you might end up a modder as well :p

E

eekamouse

Is there a way I can just open up an XML file and make tweeks manually,

Notepad (or go download Notepad 2 for a better program) will let you do it. I fully encourage it, dig in and change whatever you wish to make the UI work best for you. That's how I started out in KR. I don't know much about LUA, so I stick mainly with the textures and XML code and putting the stuff together in the C-E package.

Who knows... give it a bit and you might end up a modder as well :p
I meant for the saved settings. When I open them for each of the mods, there is just like an almost empty XML document.

D

Der Rock

next problem :

how to install the ItemPropertiesEvaluator 0.94 in C-E........

what i have to copy where....

THX

Rimeny

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for all your hard work Dermott, its people like you & the modders exchange team who really make the EC worth using!

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
next problem :

how to install the ItemPropertiesEvaluator 0.94 in C-E........

what i have to copy where....

THX
IPE 0.94 is included in CE 1.7.6.

edit:: Well... actually it's more like an IPE 0.94-B, since I did make tweaks to it to get it to work... but all very minor tweaks.
edit2:: And you can turn it on and off in the Tooltips section of the Settings Window, so for those who don't want it they don't need to delete anything to turn it off.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Gildar did you change the I.P.E to automatically adjust between Human/Elf and Gargoyle ? I seem to be getting different numbers with the same items ? also is the forge automatically taken into account or do we still have to manually change it?

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gildar did you change the I.P.E to automatically adjust between Human/Elf and Gargoyle ?
No.

also is the forge automatically taken into account or do we still have to manually change it?
Manually change (but by default, it uses the Queen's forge).

The only changes I made were to put an on/off switch, and a few minor tweaks that effectively do nothing right now.

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There's still something not right with it. I'm getting different values with the tooltip and the imbuing menu. See screenshot attached:

Attachments

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Thanks for all your hard work Dermott, its people like you & the modders exchange team

I want to make sure people know to save some credit for Gildar's work on getting the item properties mods abck to some semblance of working as well as fixing the buff bar/ quick details window issues.

All I did this go-round was play with the graphics... he did the hard work.

E

eekamouse

Ah I found out that the custom settings are actually with the rest of the normal UO settings.

:)

V

Vercingitorix

Dermott, is there a way to make the hotbars larger? I have the UI scale slider all the way to the right, but on a 7" netbook screen, they're still awful small.

Do you know of a hidden XML setting I can futz with?

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

At the moment, I don't know, but let me dig around and see what I can find.

Ok, I found the line, but even tweaking it manually, I can only get it to display 1.00 scale ingame. Doesn;t SEEM to be a way (at least in C-E) to go beyond that size.