• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Cooked chocolates...BAH!

G

After 6 hours straight of hunting paras to get all 4 stinking ingredients (damn butter)...I finally go stand in front of an oven...select a chocolate...and its the SAME STUPID GRAPHIC as the ones every char in UO gets without the carpal tunnel!

Can you SENSE how disappointed and disgusted I am?

G

yeah I think it should look different. Maybe change it to a box of chocolates instead of a piece. Just do something so it's not like the ones you get for free. Who wants to do all that hard work for the same candy.

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did the same thing Vol. What a disappointment. For as much trouble as getting the ingreds is, they should be different. I can understand why they made the gingerbread cookies the same the ingreds were readily available. But man, for all that work it is a let down.

PS I'm sending in a feedback form and I suggest everyone not happy with this do the same.

G

Has anyone been able to mark them? I don't think you can do that either! Two reasons not to bother with this chocolate mess.

G

I think the important issue here, for anyone eating this chocolate is where the hell were these monsters holding it?

*shudders*

I

imported_bioras

I wouldn't mind it so much if they would change what you can make from time to time. Say maybe chocolate bunnies for Easter.
As for bunny poo... that maybe an Easter event also.

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The bunnies and seasonal stuff would be cute......you can keep the poo idea though....EWWWWW!!!

G

hmm i dont see much point in making chocolates unless you need them for deco buying food from npc's sounds faster and does the same thing.
maybe if they made chocolates have effects like the orange petals or something.
not the exact same effect but maybe a 3 dex bonus or somthing.
just an idea

I

imported_Fran Fury

Something along those lines is exactly what I was hoping for... a useful food we can make. I was hoping that since you have to hunt down the ingredients then the finished product would have some usefulness not just for deco.

I am very disappointed

G

<blockquote><hr>

After 6 hours straight of hunting paras to get all 4 stinking ingredients (damn butter)...I finally go stand in front of an oven...select a chocolate...and its the SAME STUPID GRAPHIC as the ones every char in UO gets without the carpal tunnel!

Can you SENSE how disappointed and disgusted I am?

[/ QUOTE ]AFter searching/fighting Paragons on TC for couple hours I found nothing, and assume it a matter of luck like with getting a Paragon chest on a kill. SOOO I'm going to wait till it hits production shards and try again to farm some of these items for our chef.

Maybe by then they have this fixed or have more spawning so we can fine them.

G

Quest rewards would've been good.
There's no really decent quest rewards good for repeating.

Sam the Scribe

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Chef ingredients on a monster is just wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

What if it's the Cookie Monster?

Hyssmaye

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Different shapes in addition to what is being given out to everyone would have been neat - if everyone gets round chocolates, chefs could make round *and* hearts, square, etc.

The only drop for cooking that makes sense on a creature/monster corpse imo is meat.

Quests would have been a fun way to let us get the ingredients, I agree...helping out somehow when an npc cow spawn occurs and receiving butter, a quest in Papua for vanilla pods which the questgiver transforms into vanilla flavoring, etc...

Hyssmaye

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also, when are the chocolate-making options going to show up on the cooking menu in KR?

G

Its not that this is a dumb thing to add per se, its more the total waste of effort that went into it. Of all the things a dev could have spent all that time fixing and instead they make something totally useless that a handful of people are ever going to do and never repeat.

G

I am disappointed that the ingredients are far to rare and not to mention hard to get.

So much work for one tiny piece of food!

I think quests would have been a much better way of handling this.

M

Mystic_Of_Cats

It's things like this that make me wonder what the Devs are thinking. Seriously, they need to find a new career because creativity is not a strong point for them. ;\

I

imported_Fran Fury

Personally I don't mind having to hunt for the ingredients..if there was a worthwhile product at the end.

It does seem like such a waste though. The addition of chocolate is great.Except that nobody is going to want it if it doesn't do something.

How many items from the chef menu does anyone make on a regular basis other then grapes and apples? I make a few items here and there but not often. To be honest,the demand for apples and grapes is slow as well so that's not really on a regular basis either.

So much could have been done for the cooking skill with this addition...

G

<blockquote><hr>

The only drop for cooking that makes sense on a creature/monster corpse imo is meat.

Quests would have been a fun way to let us get the ingredients, I agree...helping out somehow when an npc cow spawn occurs and receiving butter, a quest in Papua for vanilla pods which the questgiver transforms into vanilla flavoring, etc...

[/ QUOTE ]

100% Agree. They need to change the method of obtaining the ingredients as well as the end result of the chocolate.

G

Could we at least get to obtain the ingrediants in a somewhat chefly manner or a quest of some sort, seems kind of brutal that they only spawn on paragons.

For that hassle we should be able to make chocolate statues of various creatures, the magic makes it unstable so you get a random creation each time, thus a reason to repeat the madness.... and something for chefs to do.

G

Maybe make it a box of chocolates or a bar I also like the idea people had on them being different shapes and when you eat it you get some of your health back. nothing overpowering but enough to make it worth using. Can you even engrave the pieces you make?

L

Lord Zephyrus

use a iggot re hue it to the color of the chocolate and name it a chocolate bar who knows even be able to make chocolate armor with 0/0 resist so it just breaks. Imagine getting flamestriked and getting the message your armor melts and now you are all sticky. LOL just a thought.

G

Jeebus...a glimpse into your mind...is just bizzare.

And i'll repeat the question...were we supposed to be able to mark these things or not?

G

When I read the patch notes which said chocolate ingredients would be found on paragons, I laughed. Very, very hard.

G

Personally, would have loved there to be a quest that can be done once per character like the virtue quests that gives the recipes upon completion. The ingredients are bought from NPCs. Having them spawn on paragons is really rough and in my opinion takes the fun out of it.

My guess is the Devs are trying to revitalize Ilsh if its a permanent set up. With the changes to bags of sending, I personally no longer hunt there and I used to hunt there a lot. One thing in the other lands you can recall most places and recall to bank to drop off gold... so while annoying, it's doable. With Ilsh, you have to run all the way back to where you were and that can definitely take awhile. Maybe it'll be an only on Paragons for the event sort of thing and then they'll make it available on NPCs.

*crosses fingers*

I'd love to see these candies bear their maker's mark to at least allow for some creative rp variations. "A piece of white chocolate made by gooey pixie parts." *grins*

G

That is really disappointing. I wish they would apply a bit of creativity to some of the existing things we have in the game. Many of the devs have great ideas but the implementation always seems to fall short of player expectations.

If they want to add a chocolate theme to the cooking menu...we have plants, why not add cocoa plants with beans you can harvest like the cotton and veggies, that are an ingredient?

We have cows roaming everywhere in the game. Milk cow --&gt; craft butter (&amp; cheese!!) anyone? We can shear sheep, after all.

I'd much rather have any new theme incorporate some boost to an existing skill/playstyle. It seems they have been stuck on the bash monsters to get relabeled loot theme for the last 2 years, and I think it is boring people right out of the game.

Even if they felt the need to recycle existing graphics...chocolate hued statues, cakes(!!!), etc. would have been welcome, to me at least.

-Skylark

P.S. As above person stated, I also would have loved a mini quest for cooks to "learn" the recipes from NPC chefs/cooks...and to clarify...not a quest that involves the chef being required to beat a paragon balron, for example, to death, presumably with their rolling pin or traveling to the depths of some monster infested dungeon.

I

imported_Hawkeye_Pike

<blockquote><hr>

Its not that this is a dumb thing to add per se, its more the total waste of effort that went into it. Of all the things a dev could have spent all that time fixing and instead they make something totally useless that a handful of people are ever going to do and never repeat.

[/ QUOTE ]

A very true statement!

G

<blockquote><hr>

use a iggot re hue it to the color of the chocolate and name it a chocolate bar who knows even be able to make chocolate armor with 0/0 resist so it just breaks. Imagine getting flamestriked and getting the message your armor melts and now you are all sticky. LOL just a thought.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!

Thank you for making my day!!! LOL

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, sounds like yet another sterling job there EA Mythic. Way to go.

I

imported_Skrag

RTLFC

Note to developers: Butter does not come from monsters. Crap like this might fly in WoW, but this is UO. Put it on farmer vendors.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I think the important issue here, for anyone eating this chocolate is where the hell were these monsters holding it?

*shudders*

[/ QUOTE ]LOL

G

<blockquote><hr>

When I read the patch notes which said chocolate ingredients would be found on paragons, I laughed. Very, very hard.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dear Keebler Elf, Emeril, Fanny Farmer, Hostess Twinkie, Reeses and the rest of you. You can make something wonderful with your chefing skills, provided, ya slay the paragon occtopus in the ocean to make your filet of fish, slay the pargon cocoa bean in Ilshener, slay the vanilla bean paragon in the labyrinth and so forth till then,,,,,,,,happy holidays happy anniversaries, we just always forget crafters and oft forget yall can not slay mega monsters muhahaha but we do offer wonderous recipes after questings, even give ya some recipes but ya need 60 of 3 kinds of gems to make this, ya need 40 of those to make that, oh yes and you too alchemists CAN make pie in the sky, carrot on the end of a stick ya never get to grasp and oh yeh a hovering wisp.....if ya slay them peerless down, good luck to ya.

*insert frustrated UO rares wood/ore/granite die to BRE and randoms impossible to get or buy $$ pricey ingredients and other boxing in/hemming in of having any useful skills of crafters function smoothly or at all .. sarcasm here*

meh !

G

Dugg for the words: Paragon Cocoa Bean.

But somehow I don't think it will save crafting.

G

It would be nice if Jeremy would let us know if changes are a possibility. Don't they realize that some people only craft? Why are so many ingredients monster loot?

G

I have often wondered that and more myself. I mean WHY does everything good have to ONLY come from peerless, paragons, mega ugly monsters that crafters can not off anyways, or yeh even newer players. Why can't butter come off a lizardman, which is about as logical as butter coming off monsters from hell for a chef, *instead of butter coming off a cow or goat milk, even or npc farmers* ? !

Why can not a new player smack a mongbat and shout for joy once to find a staff of pyros whatevers on a mongbat regular wimpy mongbat even if only 1 in 200 of em or 500 of em...someone would off the mongbat carrying something besides 23 gp and a 4th of july small *firecracker* as loots and a side of BEEF rib off a mongbat... so many possibilities of any wimpy overland spawning *monsters* which also could drop something wonderous too for a change ! Or as Skylark suggested it also would not be too far of a stretch of the creative imagination to make 2 dk orange elephant ear plants suddenly NOT give us a bright orange plant when they cross pollinated instead we got DK BROWN cocoa plant off 2 dark elephant ears instead resource cocoa to make chocolate.

G

Course I am still trying to find the illusive elusive Sosarian tomato garden or tomato paragon peerless tokono tomato makato monsters, that spawn us a tomato garden. We have had tomato soup since forever, buy it off barkeeps npcs, we CAN make pizza ie tomato sauce ON those.......or buy pizzas tomato sauce on those too, have yet to find the plants of tomatos nor see a giant tomato peerless !
HOW are we getting tomatos in this world for 10 yrs then ?? And why can not our chefs make pasta and bloody mary's all we get is ale cider etc.
for a decade no bloody mary drinks..........yet we have tomato soup and pizza tomato sauce ON em...where are these tomato plants ??? Inquiring minds wanna know !

G

<blockquote><hr>

. Why can't butter come off a lizardman, which is about as logical as butter coming off monsters from hell for a chef,

[/ QUOTE ]

*tries to locate the lizardman's udder* Maybe if I yank on his tail...

*grins* Seriously, I agree these ingredients should be on an NPC farmer if nothing else. Far as I can tell these aren't buff foods, just RP'd yummies. Make the recipe a quest to get it and make the ingredients purchasable.

G

*laughs* or or........we can ask our resident pyrotechnician masta blasta to just tell the art dept. to create with him the valentines day invasion of the giant Reeses peanut butter cups and Mallo cups and lil winged hersey kisses all of which be very .........easy TO KILL the loot they each will drop be butter and white and dk chocolates and well he can make em all blow themselves up in Minoc or Delucia, the attack of the valentines day massacre of us killing...invading..giant reeses peanutbutter cups and mallo cups, and we may even get warm fondue chocolates as loots ! Just make em easy to kill like a mongbat or something so chefs CAN off em......... ! HAHA (ahem)

*back to the drawing board*

G

*laughs* yes we get the great asian expansion and no ramen noodles...add them with the tomatos we still trying to find after 10 yrs of uo.. and we almost could have easy make... pasta spaghetti ! HAHA
Maybe the pixies can just flit around and GIVE us chocolate to make candies and cakes with...almost seems like something they would do !
I can even picture rehued red misu soup being chocolate fondue pots !
YUM

the 4th man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You have a right to be disapointed, that's your right, you could also say, oh darn and go on. Unless your play area is ergonomically correct, and applying stretching breaks, you WILL develop carpal tunnel, along with slack shoulders and probably some extras lbs......six hours, not good.

Physical therapist here.....

G

*grins* I want to be able to make pixie sticks out of pixies... course that's the evil rper in me. *sheepish grin* Candied Pixie wings, pixie jerky, pixie drumettes...

G

No futons in SE either! Well they're in game, but not craftable. Course that's another subject and profession.lol

I'm really hungry after reading this thread btw!

G

<blockquote><hr>

*laughs* or or........we can ask our resident pyrotechnician masta blasta to just tell the art dept. to create with him the valentines day invasion of the giant Reeses peanut butter cups and Mallo cups and lil winged hersey kisses all of which be very .........easy TO KILL the loot they each will drop be butter and white and dk chocolates and well he can make em all blow themselves up in Minoc or Delucia, the attack of the valentines day massacre of us killing...invading..giant reeses peanutbutter cups and mallo cups, and we may even get warm fondue chocolates as loots ! Just make em easy to kill like a mongbat or something so chefs CAN off em......... ! HAHA (ahem)

*back to the drawing board*

[/ QUOTE ]

oooo... Paragon Peeps!