• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Rares Fest Contests & Events

Queen Arya

Rares Fest Host | Atl Sept 2011 & June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
When I visit other Rares fest I make it a point to join as many contests/events that I can because of the amount work that goes into a fest, its one way of showing my appreciation.

so with that said I am making the Grande prize for Atlantics up coming festival a three part effort

This Fest Theme is "TIME"

First part of the contest:
So lets go back to days of Olde and dress our vendors accordingly.
Your vendor needs to be dressed in gear from earlier years in UO and needs to reflect on the other two parts to this contest

Second part of the contest:
Stories around the campfire-I love to hear about our earlier years on UO when we were first learning the game mechanics .

Third part of the contest: In game interaction- it doesn't have to be RP (role Play) but it couldn't hurt
We will be watching you and grading players interaction for the week of 1/1/18 thru 1/6/18

IE: a tip on what I would do
I have a robe from LNR guild (that's right I was in LNR- I needed scrolls) I dress my vendor as a PK in my old robe
My story at the campfire contest would be all about my champ spawn days
My in game interaction would be something like the General chat is on Atlantic now (rolls Eyes)
poking fun, throwing snowballs, killing NPC's etc

You all have less than a month to save up your funds for shopping, design your vendor gear and come up with a story
Good Luck!

(other contests will be posted soon) Jubilee Vendor.jpg Goblin.jpg The Princess and the frog.jpg The Blob.jpg Campfire.jpg

Last edited:

Queen Arya

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Scribbles Fel Event

Jan 3rd (1/3/18) 9pm central (10 pm eastern)

Even if your not a PK (pvper) your not going to want to miss this event

Over the years Scribbles and I have done many fel events and they have always been hilarious
This will be a timed house drop loaded with goodies

Entrance to this event will be announced at the Fest site

Pokes @blend, tell AnAn so you both have a front row seat

********************************************************************************
Thursday Jan 4th 7 pm est
Queen Arya & PEC Raine bring you a snowball fight
Gates from the Festival site

********************************************************************************
Jan 7th (Sunday)

Restless Scavenger hunt
There will be chests with a list of clues to find to decode and open for your prize
Entrance to this event will be announced at the fest site

The Blob.jpg

***************************************************************************************

Queen Mum and her UO Radio team will be holding the Find the DJ & Deal or No Deal
Jan 6th (1/6/17) starting at 5 pm at Governer Summers house In Toad Town

UO Radio-DnD.jpg

Last edited:

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Here are the screenshots we were talking about @Queen Arya hopefully I'll be able to find the old Atlantic ones too, wherever those pics went.

(If anyone else has screenshots of old Rares Festival items, whether they were staff items or from goodie bags, please post them here. We are trying to put together a screenshot collection of as many as possible from the past since this years theme is "time").

Atlantic 2017:

Untitled.png Untitled2.png Untitled1.png

Sakura 2017:

SakuraLantern.png SakuraLantern1.png

Pacific 2016:

Pacific Rares Festival.png PacRaresLantern.png

Chesapeake 2015:

Lantern.png Untitled999.png

grimiz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Sorry if I am blind, but where is the thread with instructions on what/when/where and how to submit items or get a vendor for this fest?

Queen Arya

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Bump
get your vendor gear together and your story lines prepared-the Prizes this year are out standing so place a vendor and get signed up for the grande Prize Olde Tyme Story Hour contest

Queen Arya

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Bump- Secret Santa drops start tonight- we were given a ton of prizes for this nightly event
We have light houses, garden beds, slithers, glacial hair dyes, tarantula ethy rides, EM event drops, im talking 7 nights worth of really great items
Don't miss this

Queen Arya

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Scaffold Raffle.jpg

Ok I added another raffle item
Tickets are 15 mil-this may be a little pricey but we are talking a scaffold here
drawing and winner will be announced here . May be as soon as all tickets are sold
Good Luck

Queen Arya

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Our snowball fight started in Fel yew bank and we ran through to fel yew gate the first three players to return to the festival grounds were our winners!
snowball2.png snowball3.jpg Snowball fight 1.jpg

Queen Arya

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
The best part of UO and the Rares fest for me is meeting with friends, making new friends, and talking over our experiences
We have a winner!
The Grande Prize was the Time Lords Mirror and Andrasta & her vendor & story was awesome
We had several stories and it was just a real good time that stretched into the late hours
Thank you for the great fun

campfire1.jpg storytime3.jpg campfire 4.jpg story3.jpg raresfest vendor 7.jpg

Last edited: