• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[BUG] Containers

iamSnippa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not sure if anyone has posted about this already, I know someone did mention something about lag issues with the house moving crate though... There didn't appear to be anything listed in the bug list concerning this.

The more items in an open container when using Grid, the more the client will lag, especially when attempting to drag items. This increases with having multiple containers open.
As far as the moving crate goes, the number of items in the crate doesn't matter, the number of grid slots that are created when the container is opened is the real issue, there are what, 9999 items the moving crate can hold? And so when the crate is opened, 9999 grid slots are created in the container gump. Opening the moving crate for me personally puts the client into a "Not Responding" state for up to 3 minutes, after the grid slots are all loaded, the client becomes responsive again.

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yep, best to switch to the non grid style for the moving crate before you open it..

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I manage how to fix this problem, on the next version of my UI the moving crate will be opened like the other containers :)