• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Consume Damage seems random to me

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sometimes it does very little and then I get one like this.

upload_2017-6-22_22-10-49.png

My Cu is rockin!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I had to log off a min. Now its this...

upload_2017-6-22_22-37-29.png

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
That's because its like a battery my friend.. when its used.. the pets enters into a state where it collects a % of the damage its negating... during that time itsgetting ready.. so the more damage it collects and is hit with during that burst the more it stores.. after the collect cycle is over it uses what its collected.. giving it a huge amount of hit chance and HP reg based on the % of damage it softened.... so if it not being hit much during the collection phase the effect is much less.it will still do a small amount even if no damage is collected.. that what you were seeing there.. . =^-^=

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That's because its like a battery my friend.. when its used.. the pets enters into a state where it collects a % of the damage its negating... during that time itsgetting ready.. so the more damage it collects and is hit with during that burst the more it stores.. after the collect cycle is over it uses what its collected.. giving it a huge amount of hit chance and HP reg based on the % of damage it softened.... so if it not being hit much during the collection phase the effect is much less.it will still do a small amount even if no damage is collected.. that what you were seeing there.. . =^-^=
You know I don't like to skill. I was bored to death so I was checking the lore constantly and the regens didn't bounce around. Whether the pet was getting hit or not hit he said at 64 and then when I did a new one he stayed at 11. When it was 64 he didn't lose any life.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have also noticed that you need to reapply the consume damage after you complete a pet advancement (after you click the blue dot).

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I have been watching the other side of Consume Damage as well, the mana usage. At times I actually regen mana (granted slowly.. like 1 point of mana per drain) and then at other times I am losing Mana like heck even though I have the exact same suit and exact same MR on.... does it use mana based on how hard the critter is hitting it or something?