• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Conspiracy theories

U

uo addict

I have two conspiracy theories about EA and UO

1) They are trying to increase the number of items in the game so we have to keep multiple accounts and houses - hence all the event-generated items and rewards (Do Stuffies have tribble-like properties?). The worst was the valentine gift boxes with 10 items in them.

2) The reason why houses that should fall aren't falling is so that people don't realize how de-populated the shards are getting.

B

Babble

Nah just easiest way to give content, though that we are packrats help.

And no to the second, they just forgot about it.
And I have such a non decaying house.

K

kennykilleduo

Maybe the reason for the increase in items is to get rid of POF or Insurance , or reduce the maximum endurance for items.

One other thing I could think of is they are making some of the more uber/ harder to get items and are going to release a new batch of items..

L

Lilith_Mauvais

<blockquote><hr>

Maybe the reason for the increase in items is to get rid of POF or Insurance , or reduce the maximum endurance for items.

One other thing I could think of is they are making some of the more uber/ harder to get items and are going to release a new batch of items..

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree that this is their point. I think they got tired of people complaining that it was impossible to get good equipment, so they made it easier to get good equipment. I don't think with the current system they can simply remove insurance or powder since it is still very random what you craft. Certainly better quality stuff than a patch ago, but still difficult to get the right combination of resists, mods, etc.