• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Consideration

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some weeks back Lucian Flame sent the call out to all of us carnival folks that he was itching to set up again for some fun. Lucian had chosen Great Lakes this time around and scouted about for a suitable location which he found on the Crumbling Continent.

Four plots were set down, four paid accounts, in an area which gave no restrictions. Construction began, goods were transferred and on March 12th, with help from some good folks on Great Lakes, especially the person gating from Luna when our "official" gate never materialized, Lucian Flame's Wee Carnival was opened to all. We had a great time watching everyone have so much fun and had planned to leave the carnival as it stood to open it again on Great Lakes before moving to another shard. It is, after all, a carnival, and they travel around a good deal.

On Tuesday, March 16th, this message from Lucian Flame to all the carnies:

"Alright everyone. This was in an email from mesanna. It isn't snipped from a larger message, this is it.
I would like to delete these houses in Malas, when will they be empty? BTW heard it was a good turnout. Good job on organizing this for the players.

...."

As you can imagine there was much confusion and gnashing of teeth... delete player houses from a legal location? None of us understood it.. at all. Lucian made an effort to get an explanation, this was the answer (Thurs March 19th):

"Just know those houses were not supposed to be a permanent structure. The player base would have my back side if I did that. If you need longer thank a week please let me know."

Now, it appears to me that she has mistakenly confused our little carnival with some other event as I can see no reason why any player housing is "not supposed to be a permanent structure".

Couple things of note -
I checked the first ten shards on the list, only three have no player houses on that island (Chesapeake, Origin and Sonoma).
The island due north of the one that housed our carnival, on at least three shards, has elaborate, and large, apparently EM-made mazes (did not try any of them, so no idea if they are still functional or leftovers).

Three of the plots belonged to Lucian, they are gone now. The other plot is mine and is cleared off. It's not the plots... had we been asked to move, told why it would be necessary, anything other than "clear out, I'm deleting them" then I would not be here. But we weren't given any courtesy whatsoever, so here I am.

and because I don't like anyone hiding out under different names

--- DevilsOwn (Stratics)
--- GrimswindSisters (official forums)

*edit to add visual of location of our carnival

1584931506169.png

Last edited:

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I think from what you've said that someone mistakenly thought the houses were placed by an EM or some other official person, but you would think they would have checked before sending that message. It all just seems a bit mean, but not surprising really. o_O

AntyvasII

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
I think from what you've said that someone mistakenly thought the houses were placed by an EM or some other official person...
That was my first inclination. My second was that they intend to turn off housing placement in Malas.

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I doubt they will turn of house placement in Malas but nothing shocks me anyomore with these people. But then again that would make them more money from the 3rd party sites if they did. House prices would skyrocket.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
But why would they turn off house placement in Malas? There are a lot of houses there already, or do you mean in specific areas?

Penderrin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think from what you've said that someone mistakenly thought the houses were placed by an EM or some other official person, but you would think they would have checked before sending that message. It all just seems a bit mean, but not surprising really. o_O
I thought that as well but yes, surely that distinction can be easily made. It was then also pointed out directly that that had not been the case.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
It sounds like there is more going on here than a simple misunderstanding then, if it's an area that people could place in anyway then what is the harm of leaving them there? I didn't know any areas of Malas were 'grey' areas where they prefer you not to put buildings, only that some areas are not for building in at all. I'm guessing that no real explanation was given. Also we all know that often EMs leave buildings or items sitting around for weeks or months anyway, so what was the big emergency for removing them?

Last edited:

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Perhaps some people don't like players enjoying things that they didn't come up with?

Or did some of the pets decide they wanted the area?

If it keeps going like its going, gonna be a lot of housing available everywhere...no need to boot players who want to stay
But most of all, it still goes back to attitude. "I am the Queen, I want this this way, and we will not discuss it"

HippoRedux

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lucian Flame has always does wonderful job of designing the "Wee Carnival" sites and visitors are always amazed. I've had the pleasure of volunteering as a "carny" at a few of the shows and everyone had fun and fun is something the world needs right now. It's quite a shame that the Wee Carnival will probably never raise the Big Top on Great Lakes or any other shard again...

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Couple things of note -
I checked the first ten shards on the list, only three have no player houses on that island (Chesapeake, Origin and Sonoma).
The island due north of the one that housed our carnival, on at least three shards, has elaborate, and large, apparently EM-made mazes (did not try any of them, so no idea if they are still functional or leftovers).
I can at least comment on Chessie. That was the same island where we held the Chessie raresfest. I placed and owned 90% of the houses for that fest (and thus, 90% of the island, since it was entirely covered.) We picked that spot partially because it had no houses placed. However, there was nothing blocking placement; houses there were (and are still, as far as I know) legal.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Guess Mesanna got played by her gold sellers once more. She probably didn't even know or double check that it were valid houses. Now sit back and enjoy the silence of her never admitting any wrongdoings :)

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just never think to do screen shots when we do these. I've got just one of my plot stripped of all deco that I took in case we rebuild again at some point, took forever to get it all just right and I knew if I didn't have a print of it I'd never get it just that way again. I'm sorry, Lord Frodo :(

Penderrin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This issue is being addressed.

Thank you for the compliments. It took a lot of people to make this thing work. And thanks for the screenshots. I forgot to take them as well.

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Perhaps some people don't like players enjoying things that they didn't come up with?

Or did some of the pets decide they wanted the area?

If it keeps going like its going, gonna be a lot of housing available everywhere...no need to boot players who want to stay
But most of all, it still goes back to attitude. "I am the Queen, I want this this way, and we will not discuss it"
Is it me or does sometimes Mesanna remind you of this . . .

umbridge.jpg

Or maybe I have been watching too much Harry Potter. ;)

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I hated Dolores Umbridge so much, I just wanted to punch her every time she appeared on screen.... :(

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I hated Dolores Umbridge so much, I just wanted to punch her every time she appeared on screen.... :(
I wanted to pull out a wand and hit her with STUPEFY! over and over.

Did you cheer when Fred and George let loose with the fireworks and set the firework dragon on her.? I did!!!