• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Congratulations to Slugmaster

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Congrats Slugmaster! :thumbsup: I cannot wait to see the new bank!

Kas Valentine

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Congratulations Slugmaster, bravo !

I trust the valorite statue of Kas with diamond eyes was delivered in time?

Fantastic, I look forward to unveiling it.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yah congrats...
and dont forget to put that portrait of me on the bank wall i sent thee....

P

Paidric

Too bad there is no contest to redesign New Haven central place...

But Brit bank looks much more welcoming with your design!

slugmaster

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No, I didnt change the interior, I wasnt sure if I was suposed to decorate that or not and i wanted to make it all in 1 screenshot so we wont have new WBB interior :( , about the exterior my Idea was about to make it look like a medieval market or something, got rid of the damn trees, and tried something useful for what WBB was used in europa, tamers zone near the river, a tent for those guys who play dices, room for gaters, room for bank sitters and that pet resurrection point upstairs, cos we all know how annoying is when we go to wbb to get our pet rezzed way past midnight and there are no tamers to help us, I really hope devs let that, but we will see.. I just wanted to make it useful not only deco around, I am glad you guys like it... Europa forever!

sligachan

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey that looks great!

I particularly like that bunting, gives it a market/fete type feel.

Your idea for a pet res station is pretty unique, I hav'nt seen one of those in any other shards entries .... excellent idea!

The only thing I would wish for as an extra would be a real moongate, but I'm not sure if that is even a practical possibility.

Well done Slugmaster *thinks of renaming himself slugachan :D*

RainQueen

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I love the pet res station idea :thumbup1:

What a lovely design ..... and so practical too. Well done :bowdown:

M

Miss Polly

Well done, it looks very nice. :ten:

When is the grand design being built?

K

Kiminality

I like the design.
A lot of the other designs I've seen, tbh, I haven't really liked...

Clichés abound, but less is more.
Not only do many of the others end up looking too crowded, but they end up not fitting it with the rest of the city.
I like this one, though.

A

Asmodai

I like it alot. Just wish those statues wernt purple, wish the stone benches were wooden benches, and wish the unicorns were horses! other than that, excellent job my friend!

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Very nice Design Slug, congrats matey. But yes i too wish the Statues werent purple :p, other than that, brilliant.

slugmaster

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ahrgh guys, why didn't you tell me about the statues color before ;)? I probably put too much purple on this to be honest, yeah, I never thought I was going to win so i kind of rushed at the end to get it finished.
I want again to thank everybody posting here all those nice words, making me proud lol.
Sadly It will not please everybody in Europa but it could been worse, maybe it was the only europa design out there and that is why I won, If so.. we are kind of lucky because it could been all pink and green (I am really awful with colours). :D

M

Melchiah

Is there an anvil near to the forge? If there is, I can see the return of some crafters to the public eye ;)

Otherwise, it's good to see some positive changes - the little bird's nest is a good touch for sure, and the beer garden decking too!

LadyNico

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Very well done, Slugmaster!

I was immediately reminded of standing there by the water with my pets for sale all those years ago. Very nostalgic and very lovingly done.

*I honor thee*

~Vix~

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If the pet-res station is actually implemented in the final design, please post your ingame name, so all the members of the Bunni Clan can come and give you a big, wet, sloppy kiss. (If you insist, I'll limit the sloppy-kissing to members of the opposite gender.)

Excellent design.

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well done Slugmaster and congrats!

It's not as sluggish as one might expect. I love the beergarden and the pet-rez ... maybe we could name it "Petra's Petrez"? I am not so sure about all the violet, but if people tell me it's fashionable, I'll believe it *g*

:ten:

Sir_Bolo

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nice design! And I like purple!

I'm afraid that the pet altar will be only decorative though - I doubt that the Devs will add something that requires new coding, especially for Europa only.

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nice design! And I like purple!

I'm afraid that the pet altar will be only decorative though - I doubt that the Devs will add something that requires new coding, especially for Europa only.
I could well be wrong, but I think the coding for pet res gates already exists - I think I read something about one being on a test server... but since I never got around to building a tamer character, I really didn't pay enough attention, or play on Test so I could try it out!:blushing:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
no, the gate on Test center is a bonding gate, to do away with the need to wait a week for a pet to bond before being able to test tamer changes.

slugmaster

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think the pet ressurection gates exist, just not in OSI shards, and I guess it does require a little coding in order to make it work, then people would find bugs and exploits i supose, I really wish they make it, but then, the other shards will want it aswell.. well i don't know... It is just a big change for europa, but in the other hand we really need it, Europa was one of the few shards that really used Brit bank, but now with the damn invasion everything moved to Luna, except for tamers(really miss them) and few bank sitters because there is no room, and we need a reason to make everyone get back to brit bank, the res gate would be a nice reason, and the end of the invasion too, please end it or put the crimon dragon in luna bank :D.
Thank you again for all the support you guys showing to our new brit bank design.

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
no, the gate on Test center is a bonding gate, to do away with the need to wait a week for a pet to bond before being able to test tamer changes.
Quite probably what I was semi-remembering - pets in UO (and in RL) are fairly unknown areas to me! :dunce:

slugmaster

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I need you guys to be honest here, should I ask them(if that's possible) to change the statues colour from purple to their normal colour before they make it live?

C

Ceridwen

I'm not sure if the blueish white wouldn't be a little off between all that purple....
But you're the designer. :) So your decision is the final one.

Only thing I'd ask them if I were you is if they wouldn't want to change the interior somehow to make it fit the outside more.

I

Irvyn

Great design, definitely congratulations :bowdown:

And purple is good, don't change it ;)

-------------

Dukes don't cheat, they adapt to circumstances.
(Slightly amended quote from "The Slipper and the Rose")

slugmaster

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If someone knows a working e-mail or some other way to contact the EA-team who is working on this, or someone who would listen... please let me know

Minerva Foxglove

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Leave it as it is! The statues looks best as it is. Europas bank will be one of the nicest or the nicest even.

I had expected more plants at first but as a medieval market place this is completely right and its so on the spot what the area is used for. Great idea!

Only thing I could ask for is an anvil if we can have the forge there ..