• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Concerning Last Nights Toad Town Live Auction 8/14/22

Alexander of ATL.

Rares Fest Host | Atl June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have received a private grievance concerning actions I took at last night's auction, dated August 14, 2022. This is a public accounting and clarification of the events that transpired.

I permanently banned two individuals from participating in the Toad Town Live Auction for breaking established auction house rules, even after advising them of their transgressions. To not put them on blast, and to be in accordance with Stratics rules, I will not name these individuals by name.

Person A:
This individual found it necessary to show up halfway through the auction, and begin spamming and accusing the auction house of paging a GM on them from the previous auction, which landed him in UO jail. Finding these claims insufficient, I ignored him.

After all, It is I alone that runs the operation of the auction house. There is no “inner circle”. Tracking bids, providing gates on my other monitor, managing a backed-log of offers so as to keep the numbers accurate, managing a sorting system of item submissions, noting anything needed in the owner's submission books, and lastly, crowd control. It is not conceivable that, while managing all this, I could find the time to page a GM, on anything, which is where the auction house rules come into play. At best, I ignored him to provide the opportunity for the situation to quell itself, as I do with most individuals because I do not like to ban people.

Individual A continued his disruptive behavior by false bidding and that false bid won. Individual A, after I advised that the bid must be honored, continued to be disruptive by stating the item was overpriced and, “I wanted to waste your time as you’ve wasted mine”

It is now that I had to step in. Because of the false bidding, and in part the disruptive behavior, I executed an immediate permanent ban from the auction house.

Person B:
This individual has been causing grievances for the auction house for some time and has admitted to it publicly. He has blocked my runes, he has picked up my runes, he has blocked my gates, and last night, he could be seen luring a crystal elemental to kill auction attendees' pets. This disruptive behavior resulted in immediate banishment.

For more information on the expectations of the Toad Town Auction House, here is the link, which I provide in every Auction thread. It can also be seen in a dyed-white book at the auction house.

Note: The only updates that need to be made are the bidding increments which are as follows:
0-20M: 1M
20M+: 5M
(adopted in April of 2022)

1660568756014.png

1660568918702.png

1660568775312.png

Thank you,
Alexander of Toad Town

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Your auction, your rules, and your decision.

Stupid drama comes up every once in awhile. Taking quick action to stabilize a situation is fine. I wouldn't worry to much about it or what people think. The key is being consistent and you always have been.

Thanks for all your hard work on this event/activity for the community.

*Gives you a wink and raises his glass of Good Old Moonglow Red in Salute*