• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Complete noob here.

D

damooster

Returning to the game and starting a tamer. I read the stickied FAQ, but I was looking for taming methods i.e. how to tame monsters that are too angry to tame.

What are your tips/tricks for this?

Also, I looked at the tameables list and really want a fire steed, but will I be able to control one at GM? What about nightmares? I don't plan on taking taming over 100.

Thanks.

U

uoBuoY

For aggressive pet Taming methods see this recent thread:
http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=117328

Personally, I think if you stop at GM Taming then your not really a Tamer...just twink tamer. But to each his/her own! A bit like saying I passed Anatomy so I'm a Doctor. Taming is all about persistence, drive and bull-headed resistance to mind-numbing repetition and boredom. If ya can't stand the heat, get outta the kitchen! 120 or nothing!

Regarding Control Chance for Fire Steeds and Night Mares, see this calculator:
http://www.uocraft.com/taming/pet-control-chance-calculator/

Hinotori

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You cant use a fire steed at GM in taming and lore, but nightmares will work ok. And you can use rune beetles. You wont have the best control but it's usable. And they are good fighting pets. I'd recommend 110 in each, but if your template only allows GM, then you work with that.

I have one GM tamer (it's a very tight template. She's a poster child for why skill items should be removed). She uses a pack of ostards mostly, and then has a cu sidhe for heavier spawn like peerless that she can control with jewelry.

For taming high end stuff, I use one of my 120 tamers though. That extra skill adds to the chance to successfully tame. (and I'm a pet hoarder. I make new tamers to get pet stable slots)

D

damooster

I like Nightmares and looks like I can control them. Thanks for the links and advice.