• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Competiton

• Thread starter Mystic Princess
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
M

Mystic Princess

Still watching emails still watching posts, still watching pm's .............. anything from SOE about this? Surely 4 months they could have strolled from the USA to the UK, not forgetting pred is in the USA and has won a copy and not got it yet.

_zigzag_

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I understand your dismay...trust me I do! I too am embarrassed beyond belief over this whole issue.

As soon as I am provided the funds to ship your prizes, they will be sent. I do have them, and will make sure they get sent to you when I am able.

Please direct any further questions to [email protected] as he is the one who can answer your 'when' question better than I at this point.

J

Jittan

IS there anyone higher up the food chain that we might be able to email on this? I don't think that it is totally fair that you take the brunt of this.

_zigzag_

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The email address I provided is the founder of the network.

Remember too that if anyone had game time coming, I *can* get you that info via email or PM here, just let me know!

M

Mystic Princess

Zig three people in my guild won the box sets, can we at least have the numbers so we can get the guild buffs? were down two and its very anoying............ we need our two trophies up and they are in those box sets :) can you let me know if and when you have time please, also on [email protected] it would be hugely appreciated the buffs are handy.

J

Jittan

I sent him a message almost a week ago now just asking for all my gametime and the key from the CE. I also asked him how much it would cost if I paypalled him the money to get this shipped to my darn self. I think that is pretty pathetic. Its been what? almost half a YEAR?

M

Mystic Princess

Got a mail saying they had sent it, Ill keep a watch with Pred he will get it first as hes USA based then I know it will be genuinely sent :) so Pred poke me in guild if you get it which I am sure you will :) ...........

J

Jittan

Really? I wish I had received this email. I still haven't hear a thing.

M

Mrxtion

If the original game would have waited this long to ship I bet it would have been much more successful

S

Shazzam Kabarr

I reckon SOE got ripped off for a bunch of boxsets and everyone at stratics got a freebie.

Watch this space for the 'omg, we had a fire....' post, or the 'office dog chewed them all up' post.

Funny really, EVERYTHING with Vanguard on it seems to have been an abortion from day one. This was probably inevitable if you think about it. Jinxed or what?

By the time we get these, they could be the first prizes ever for something that no one wants. The game is getting buggier by the day for me at present. No restarts, no patches nothing, It's like the staff just gave up.

If Stratics and Vanguard Development are two examples of American businesses in action, no wonder the economy is screwed.

Such a shame. Yet more bad Vanguard PR.

N

nadeal

Email I got:

Sun 3/29/2009 7:02 PM

We will be mailing them out within the next 10 days.

Thank you,

Ryan

Maybe 10 days was a typo and he ment 10 weeks...

M

Mystic Princess

They won't though, A is now blaming B and B has already blamed A fun huh!

One says one has the box sets now the other says no the other has it, don't you just love tennis, I actually complained to Amneris this time stating that sony should at least say something, hahaha ohhhh hahah who am I kidding.

SOE are a law to themselfs.... you would think with Vanguard running down the tubes fast, they would give a bit huh, spending oodles of dosh on Panthyon, etc, hump great advert vanguard *thumbs up*

P

Pred

Are they mailed out yet? It's starting to get really fishy! Would appreciated it if we could get an update on what's happening...

:yell:

M

Mystic Princess

Sigh 19th of May lots of emails still nothing, apparently Zig has now gone awol with our gifties. :(

N

nadeal

Like my guild said they have been ebayed or lost lol. Whole thing has been a waste of time anyways guess im done coming here cause its obvious that they dont give a crap about it.

_zigzag_

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm still around, and I still have your prizes.

I'm not with Stratics now, but as soon as I am provided the funds to ship your prizes you will get them.

Email the owner :)

M

Mrxtion

Your PM box is full Zig

but ffs I'll pay the shipping, pm me with your paypal info

K

Kiminality

Has anyone emailed Den?
Furthermore, has anyone received a response of any kind?

I get the feeling that this is one of those situations that won't get solved by waiting.
Honestly, this runs contrary to my experiences. I received a Stratics package fairly expediently, with the only fault being the USPS mauling the package, and losing some of the contents.

M

Mrxtion

Yeah emailed them both, just keep getting the run-around. This is pathetic.

_zigzag_

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
NO run around, really.

I was told I would be provided funds to ship these. I have not. The prizes sit here in my living room boxed and ready to send.

All I'm waiting on is the funds to send them. :)

M

Mystic Princess

Look this is getting silly now, it's like watching two girls fighting, emailed one this one says that one, that one says this one, g... come on!!

Yes yes ohh stratics is good for UO always has been but there is no excuse, I am willing to pay my own dam shipping and for Pred's who by the way could have walked to you by now to get it hes in the US, and for Shazam... so can we get a resolve for this before it ends up crawling to the year, we have been at this for a long long time now. This competiton was done in good faith, so excuses don't cut it any more, I think everyone has been more than patient, dont you?

So can you send me either an address to mail you a cheque, cash or whatever you need, or easier a paypal account so I can get these to the three of us.

I was told I would be provided funds to ship these. I have not. The prizes sit here in my living room boxed and ready to send.

All I'm waiting on is the funds to send them.
Well do it then do it do it, we want to pay we offer to pay pffft to Stratics sending you cash, if you say no now your just taking the pee out of us all...

There is a thing called consumer protection laws ya know.... A promoter may not misrepresent purchase
credits, or fail to award prizes or redeem credits as promised.

An extremly fed up Mystic Princess - Moonlake

P

Pred

is this suable? =P atleast keep us informed as to what is going on

Magnus

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
From here

I would like to convey our sincerest apologies in our failure to live up to a duty given us. The prizes to be given as a part of the Vanguard Contest we ran some time ago are unfortunately no longer in our possession; they are irretrievable at this point, given any reasonable means. I wish that we could do, say, or offer more, but the events leading up to this situation are beyond our, or my own, control.

You may contact me personally regarding this matter if you wish. I can try my best to convey an explanation on a personal level or at the very least give a direct apology. You can find me at [email protected].

Once again, please accept my deepest regrets.

Ryan "Den Dragon" Findley
Founder, Stratics

S

Shazzam Kabarr

Grats Zig on your 20+ free copies of Vanguard that belong to us.

My wife even offered to paypal the shipping costs to you for 3 of us and you ignored her, your ignoring her icq requests to try and sort something out, says it all I guess, not worth the hassle emailing just to listen to how its someone elses fault.

P

Pred

sent you emails zig, you never responded, we attempted to contact you and you're ignoring us

you said you have the boxes, and now you stole them

M

Mystic Princess

Hey all -

Please contact me a vgprizes [at] gmail.com.

Thank you!
Pred just told us the good news, thank you for that hes very pleased, I have just sent you an email to the addy you posted, if you need shipping costs we both do not mind. And we are now back fully in UO o0 Irony huh, so easily reachable.

Thank you
Myst and Shaz

J

Jittan

Hey all -

Please contact me a vgprizes [at] gmail.com.

Thank you!
I emailed you as requested. It has been almost 1 year since this contest was ran. I really hope that you actually get these out.

N

nadeal

mine arrived yesterday :thumbup: granted I dont really play vg anymore outside of raids since Aion came out lol

S

Shazzam Kabarr

Recieved today in the UK.

Thx for getting it sorted out guys, even though I'm not playing VG anymore, still nice to have and ya never know, maybe one day .............

M

Mystic Princess

Thank you very much :) the games and gametimes arrived safely.

Thank you it is muchly appreciated. Well we don't play now were back in UO so :) it al might come in handy one day though, who knows.

Myst