• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EM Site Feed Competition : Who is the biggest bully?

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Well hey at least those of us who participated have some pretty nice pets to play with, so win-win!

I can't believe you guys put 120 scrolls on bulls :/ LOL but they turned out really nice!

I only have taming 2 and was wearing my throw-away suit...no mana regen AT ALL AND I hardly ever use the mastery skills anyway...I tend to need my mana to heal mine and others pets and players lol.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well hey at least those of us who participated have some pretty nice pets to play with, so win-win!

I can't believe you guys put 120 scrolls on bulls :/ LOL but they turned out really nice!

I only have taming 2 and was wearing my throw-away suit...no mana regen AT ALL AND I hardly ever use the mastery skills anyway...I tend to need my mana to heal mine and others pets and players lol.
Yeah I don't dress Mongbat out in the high end stuff but I do like using that chracter for public stuff... She catches less flame strikes and arrows than the Tyraths do :) But tame 2 is all I am going to invest in her. Was pushing sanity upping her to 120 tame and lore a couple years ago. I dropped the scrolls on Zeke just to test whether a scrolled out heavy offense pet was better than a unscrolled heavy defense pet. They really are pretty equally matched but the HPR and MR tip the advantage just a bit to the non scrolled defensive pet. Where Zeke shines is when you use consume with him in PvM the regens are not of much importance at that point.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I don't have many scrolls here on Siege yet so I might just have to go with defense for Bruce...I forgot to put mana and MR on him so he AI's like every 20 minutes :/ bad planning on my part lol but hopefully I will be able to remedy that next level.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't have many scrolls here on Siege yet so I might just have to go with defense for Bruce...I forgot to put mana and MR on him so he AI's like every 20 minutes :/ bad planning on my part lol but hopefully I will be able to remedy that next level.
Regens balance out the lack of 120 scrolls on the low and mid level pets. Even a higher end pet not scrolled can be equal to a same species pet all scrolled out as the improved stats from the points not spend on scrolls often makes up for the scrolls. IF our same two bulls fought without masteries I suspect it would have played out the same as it did with BB sparring with Zeke about a 20% advantage to BB being heavy on defence but still able to deliver considerable damage. While regenerating fast enough to hold off incoming damage.

EM Kincaid

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
I really need to stop taking pictures - I'm making too much work for myself!

But what the heck - rather than have these go to waste, here you are!

Day three started a bit slowly, with Tanager's bull trying to dance with Apis. That's what it looked like - no damage was being done to Apis!

They looked as if they would dance all night.

But then The Professional remembered the magic words - "all" and "kill". Down went Tanager's mascot - fine ground beef!

So, with no other challengers having arrived yet, it was time for the half-time entertainment! A cow champ spawn!

Then mighty Bruce arrived, having learned a few new tricks! Would they be enough to take the crown from Apis? Would they? Would they?

No, they would not. Bruce is now being served as supper at your local tavern. With a clear winner, and Bronze Bullchitter occupied elsewhere with some very friendly cows, the champion was Apis!
We all went to the Hall of Champions to present the trophy!

And never was a side of beef more deserved!

We ended off the event back at the bullring, fighting a platinum bull that had dropped in for a visit. He gave a brave showing of himself, but in the end, he was no match for several well trained bulls, a few rising colossuses, a cu, a nightmare... hang on! This isn't fair play!!! Who was judging that fight. Oh, right - me. Carry on then!

Congratulations to our champion, Apis, and his tamer/trainer The Professional! Well done!

And thank you to everyone who helped to make this event a lot of fun!

Ideas and suggestions for future pet events can be sent to me at [email protected], or just post them here!
I am already looking into having people grouped by number of slots, and possibly having teams - e.g. 2 vs 2, or 3 vs 3, etc.
Because there will be more pet events - and we will probably use one of the big arenas next time.
So, send me those suggestions!

Thank you, and good night!

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry I couldn't make it ran to Mount Vernon and while in town a big rain storm rolled through, err not quite through since its still here. Anyway washed the road out for me to get home, two hours later I just pulled in the drive way from what was only 5 minutes from the house :( and turned into 50 miles of gravel roads finding bridge that wasn't washed out.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Awww we missed you at the event! Glad you didn't get washed away!

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Going to be a rough night it appears a whole line of cells developing IN SEMO and Central MO that are looking like they are going to track right over me. The One with all the red in it is going to be here in about 10 minutes. I am home now so it can storm, rain and blow all it wants to :)

weather.png

Sparviero

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
We missed you and your bull tyrath, but the most important thing is that you are safe at home :)... There will be other pets tournaments where your pets will show us how they are strong :).
A big thank you to all tamers and their bulls and congratulation to The Prof and his Apis ! :D
It was a very fun event :)

Tanager

Sage
Stratics Veteran
You were definitely missed, Tyrath, but I'm glad it just some bad luck and I hope you and yours weathered the storm safely. Was a fun event, thanks everyone! I forgot to take pics on Friday and Sunday (and I forgot the booze on Sunday!), so I am very happy EM Kincaid stepped up to the plate for this one! This one was from Saturday. I am gonna work out some more improved cheerleader routines for the next non-Black Watch EM event, hahaha.

Bull5b.jpg

Alas, my bull was just fodder.

Blind Otto

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wish I could have made it to at least one night of bullfighting, but on the plus side, it sounds as if Siege is going to be living off the consequences of those bullfights for a very long time!

For example :

Well done to the Professional and Apis, who will hopefully NOT become a burger - Siege champions are too tough and chewy.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Everyone had fun and Congrats to Aphis and Prof. on their Victory! As much as I would have liked to have been there, I had a lot of fun prowling the back roads I don't travel very often looking for a way across the normally very small creek. while backing up from the first crossing I swear I saw a Bull go by in the swirling torrent of water. And I know for certain I saw my neighbors outhouse float by :) That was a lot of sky water really fast! I will try to get out and grab some pictures of one or two of the washouts.