• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Community News] Epic Factions Event Teaser!

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Let me be the first to say...OH MY GOD.

that video is amazing and if that doesn't bring back at least a little of what factions are all about....you guys are crazy.

This looks to be an awesome event, I hope you guys have a good turnout. Who knows, maybe you'll see a certain necromancer there *grins*

Thanks JC.

G

*smiles* That is pretty cool. We see some of that still. I look forward to this.

G

I just want to make it clear that I did not create this movie. It was originally created ~6 years ago to commemorate the 2nd faction anniversary on Izumo shard. I simply rewrote the story, changed out some screens (, re-recorded the audio because it wouldn't import for some reason) and added the website link. The author distributes the code and gives permission to remix it. The original movie can be found here.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not a PvPer but its great to see a event like this is being prepared.

I hope alot of people will join in the fun!

G

Larisa, JC, the movement is building on the Siege forums. Come visit. *smiles*

G

Unless you are actively opposed to PvP you shouldn't be concerned about your level of ability. One of the primary reasons factions was such an enjoyable time is that it was a great diving board into PvP, You could just team up with a couple of other guys who were good and get a taste of victory for yourself.
When it comes to stronghold raids and sigil stealing, many many types of players have a use, even those with no PvP ability at all can play a huge role in success. A 7xGm stealthing thief character trained up in the interim can be a key player.

If you're interested in a big event like this I'd say go for it, there would be no better oppertunity.

I

imported_Chad Sexington

I thought the faction shards were Great Lakes and Siege Perilous. Why is this on ATL?

G

Even tinkers can play a role. I hope will bring factions and team play to the fore front. There is so much more to a winning team than just the warriors.

G

ATL is where the people are. This is for everyone I believe.

*edit* I am really not sure why ATL was chosen, except I read a lot of big guilds there have chosen to be involved. I will let JC answer.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not opposed to PvP. I even won a small tournament in the early days.
But the PvP adrenaline rush it can give is not good for me.I get Migraine attack from it then, so i need to stay away from the PvP excitment.

Its also on Atlantic but maybe i can make a new character just to come to watch if the time is right.

I

imported_Chad Sexington

Nm. I read the link... looks like it's just a shard wide guild event.

Just weird by the way it's promoted. Everyone knows that Great Lakes is where you go if you want factions.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

I thought the faction shards were Great Lakes and Siege Perilous. Why is this on ATL?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, maybe this will give other people on other shards some inspiration to do something simular on there shard.

W

Winder UO

I'd assume because the biggest "pvp" guilds and the largest playebase is on Atlantic. Several of these large pvp guilds have agreed to join factions for a week or two for this event. They posted about it here and other guilds from other shards have caught up with it.

We'll be making the xfer from EU/Drachs. Hopefully every shard will be represented.

I

imported_Chad Sexington

Yeah, I understand.

From glancing at it, it looked like they were trying to start up factions from scratch. Was wondering why they're splitting the faction population between two shards, but they're not. It's a limited time thing.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Nm. I read the link... looks like it's just a shard wide guild event.

Just weird by the way it's promoted. Everyone knows that Great Lakes is where you go if you want factions.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is much more than a shard event. Heck, I am even building a character there. It has to be some place.

G

It is also on Atlantic because that is where all the PVPers have been transferring to for the last year or two as other shards have seen less PVP activity. Our guild is recruiting over half our new members from people cross sharding as opposed to nearly 99% Atlantic players 2 years ago.

K

Kratos Aurion

friggen awsome lol. i love that video and props to the maker of it

Z

zackerybarber444

ohhh i really want to be there for the event but i dont have enough money to x-fer!
will someone help me out if a make a new char there?

Halister Marner

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That movie was incredible, huge props to the author, and props to JC for fixing it up and making use of it for the faction event.

G

I am building from scratch there as we speak. Many have offered to help. Come on over. If no one else will adopt you, look up the Siege team. We will take any one willing to die well.

G

When a firm date appears I'll start arranging to bring across various supplies, I can probably put together a few decent spare suits to bring with me. I like barbed kits a lot.
But better to deal with that closer to the time, if you can get a character trained then I have no doubt your faction will arrange to equip you.