• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Commando

R

r8527

um, hi im a new comando just started playing the other day and was wondering when can i get some trooper armor and where do i get it? im lvl 11 btw

B

BadgerSmaker

Hi there, r8527! Welcome to SWG.

You cannot equip armour until level 22, but once you get there you can equip the best armour in the game thanks to a Dev mistakenly removing the old "Encumberance" system and never replacing it.

The easiest way to get some decent armour is to run the quest from Mort in Dearic Cantina at /way 444 -2924.

If you want some better armour, find a munitions trader to craft you some, or you can get some from the bazaar as munitions trader tend to sell armour sets inside backbacks, so seach on the vendor location tab with the entire galaxy radial button checked, and expand Misc and Wearable container, then enter "armor" or "armour" into the item name filter.

Crafted armour has a distinct advantage over reward armour in that crafted armour have sockets that you can apply Skill Enhancement Attachments to, these can boost your stats by up to 105 for each piece of armour.

C

ClanBeviin2

Yeah, the only exception to that is only bounty hunters and commandos can equip Mandalorian armor and, of course, Wookie armor and Ithorian armor are species specific.

I think the Katarn armor quest from Mort is officially level 35, so you might need some help if you try it before then.

C

crimsoncrow11

so ure saying that once ure level 22 u can weear whatever armour u want?

C

ClanBeviin2

Yup. There are exceptions. Species-specific armor can only be worn by those species, and some species can't wear certain types. The Katarn armor from the Avenging Mort quest, though, can be worn by all species, including Ithorians and Wookies (go figure).

Mandalorian can only be worn by Commandos and Bounty Hunters as I wrote above.

And, finally, factional limitations mean that Imps can't wear Reb and visa versa.

But basically, yeah, anyone can wear any kind. (Jedi can't wear any armor, but they can wear Jedi-specific clothes that have a slight armor component.)