• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Coming back!!!

realbrucifer

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Been away for a couple years and have missed the heck out of uo. been playing wow for 2 years and have always felt that uo was better. havent played since just after samurai came out how different has it become?

How hard to get housing right now?

my chars were
Brucifer warrior/ pally
Marook crafter
Katrina tamer

M

Mirage

Been away for a couple years and have missed the heck out of uo. been playing wow for 2 years and have always felt that uo was better. havent played since just after samurai came out how different has it become?

my chars were
Brucifer warrior/ pally
Marook crafter
Katrina tamer
If you always thought UO was better, why did you keep playing WoW then?

Mir

Hobo Sapien

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

my chars were
Brucifer warrior/ pally
Marook crafter
Katrina tamer
It is alot different, many more items and such. As far as housing, plenty of medium to small plots. If your willing to scout around there are some large ones too. Might not be the 18x18 but would be max lockdowns. Try it out kick the tires.

N

|Nox|

I'm back after 4 years too. I see alot has changed on this server seems to be not a whole lot of people who remember the early days of this server. :(

M

Mirage

If you always thought UO was better, why did you keep playing WoW then?

Mir

How does that help him?
Well, it makes him maybe look into his inner self, and try to reason out why he played WoW..knowing well that UO is a better game.

I figured if he could look within himself and find that answer...he would become a better person for it all.

How's that work for ya?

Mir

JoO

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Uo isn't a better game. The CONCEPT of uo is better but its been changed and repackaged so many times it has lost what made it amazing.

Q

Quinn1969

my chars were
Brucifer warrior/ pally
Marook crafter
Katrina tamer
Look me up if you want a starter house (16x18) in Malas. I'll give it to ya.

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, Majestic Oaks auction is still going. Wednesday and Thursday nights at 9 eastern. They gate from Brit (and Luna I believe). Good times.

W

Wulf of Britain

Yes we are still around. We are currently on vacation for thanksgiving.

We resume our events on Monday December 1st from the MOA Castle. Gates will be sent from luna only if brit is still potentially under attack. Not sure if it is or not I have not been in-game in almost a week.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
might be a waste of time, login servers are down for many

realbrucifer

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok so figured i would have to start from scratch but much to my suprise all my chars were in tact and alot of stuff from my house was in the bank of one of my chars that is friggin sweet.

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I see alot has changed on this server seems to be not a whole lot of people who remember the early days of this server. :(
I don't know... in the old days everyone on other shards knew GL as a bunch of drama brats more interested in their fashion then fighting.

Still seems to hold true today, if not more so.

Q

Quinn1969

I don't know... in the old days everyone on other shards knew GL as a bunch of drama brats more interested in their fashion then fighting.

Still seems to hold true today, if not more so.
And you are on the GL Shard forum becaaaaaaause?????

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
....because I've played here almost exclusively since Renaissance came out. o_O

Q

Quinn1969

I will give you the fact that you have been playing a LOT longer than I have but to make a blanket statement that "GL is a bunch of drama brats more interested in their fashion than fighing" and then follow that with a "if not more so" is kind of judgemental don't you think? I'm surprised you have stayed if you think so poorly of the GL shard.

The GL forum is chocked FULL of discussions regarding fighting. Not sure I have ever read about someones fashion. But whatever.....glad you are enjoying your stay in "Beverly Hills". :)

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
everyone on other shards knew GL....
Nice try. ;)

I love this shard. But it has, and probably always will have, a crap rep.

Though to be fair...most of the posters in these threads about "fights" you mention can be found wearing matching outfits at Luna gate or West Brit bank....

Edit: Besides, all these "trash talk" threads about fighting only serves to prove that crap rep right. Drama. Hell, I'll admit that I've managed to find myself dragged into it. Even threads that are started with nice, innocent, benign intentions (See Tink'r Toiz recent thread) manage to turn into some big drama act.

D

daisuke

go to balhae and find out how boring UO is without drama !!

GL roxx

lol

O

Old_Man

I'm back after 4 years too. I see alot has changed on this server seems to be not a whole lot of people who remember the early days of this server. :(
I remember....it's funny how a decade goes by so fast isn't it?

P

PhybeR OptiK

Hey , I just came back to the game too, what the temps used for mages now for pvp anyways ?

Gem

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Looking for house space?

The FCB Fish Market has a green runebook with free house space runes. We refresh it often. There are usually several max lock-down spaces, and sometimes 18x18's.

Please stop by and check it out :)

Attachments

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh and does bush still work with mages ?
It does but you need to invest more skill/stat points towards it. They are not a viable option for solo playing, but if you play with a group then yes it is still an option.

I recently changed from Bushido/parry with a mage wep to just wrestle/parry because of all the disarm archers out there. Again, only a valid option with a group.

P

PhybeR OptiK

Really ? Bush and Parry uh ? you don't chugg though ? how is it ? u dont need alot of dex for it ?

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes you can chug just need to get a mage wep suit together with crystalline and a decent 1 handed mage wep.

80 dex minimum.