• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Coming back...where to farm?

Arcades

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My thread in the Trader's Forum didnt receive a single post so I thought I'd get a better reception here.

Have a sampire for farming, a high luck sampire/discorder, and a high SDI mage. Looking for find some nice armor/weapons that I see all around ATL Luna for sale. What seems to be the best events/monsters to farm for high end loot?

I heard Putrifier was the quickest but was fixed. I used to kill those super high HP EVs but they took forever.

Any recommendations?

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Pretty sure roof and exodus are the two main places to get high end loot. If that's not what your looking for I've found found bone daemon to produce some nice pieces with a luck suit on. Sampire will wipe the floor with it. Serpentine dragons can be killed very quickly and sometimes drops decent loot. Certainly usable pieces.

Arcades

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pretty sure roof and exodus are the two main places to get high end loot. If that's not what your looking for I've found found bone daemon to produce some nice pieces with a luck suit on. Sampire will wipe the floor with it. Serpentine dragons can be killed very quickly and sometimes drops decent loot. Certainly usable pieces.
Thank you!! Looking to try the new improved doom so the bone demon will get farmed for a bit anyways!

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thank you!! Looking to try the new improved doom so the bone demon will get farmed for a bit anyways!
To get bones to summon just go to guardians room. They spawn in pairs for every character or summons in the room. With spellweaving you can cast 4 natures fury and spawn 10 at a time each carrying 30 bones (so 300 bones each spawn. Replace parry with spellweaving on your sampire and two whirlwinds can wipe them out.

J. E. Tamer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Osiredon the Scalis Enforcer will also yield good loot value. Bring friends.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dragon turtle in champ spawn in Fel (addition luck bonus and honor bonus is your using a samp) can also drop decent loot. Has the added benefit of scrolls, primer and an egg .

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Unfortunately the high end loot is mostly limited to Scalis, Exodus, and Roof. Would be nice if Devs update the loot table to make the other 90% of the content in this game worth while.

I haven't tried doom lately though so maybe you might find a new spot worth farming.

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have tried to come back to UO a good couple of times over the last 2 years but I find it so annoying that the only area which one can hunt is these three spots. I guess I am a fool as I have maintained my accounts, mostly because I am lazy and have not wanted to close up the homes I have, but at some point I will join the rest and say goodbye. Such a waste of space, effort of the older dev teams and a slap in the face of the player base.

Grind on people.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unfortunately the high end loot is mostly limited to Scalis, Exodus, and Roof. Would be nice if Devs update the loot table to make the other 90% of the content in this game worth while.

I haven't tried doom lately though so maybe you might find a new spot worth farming.
Didn't they make the Gauntlet more difficult now? Or can you still solo?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Didn't they make the Gauntlet more difficult now? Or can you still solo?
Sampires can solo Doom. It's the other toons down there that run around that cause problems.

Doom can be done with a group of Tamers but it takes a lot of time and bouncing around if they dont know the drag limits.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sampires can solo Doom. It's the other toons down there that run around that cause problems.

Doom can be done with a group of Tamers but it takes a lot of time and bouncing around if they dont know the drag limits.
Ah ok I thought the DF teleports you to them now and the Fleshrenderers become invul for no reason.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ah ok I thought the DF teleports you to them now and the Fleshrenderers become invul for no reason.
The flesh renders cycle yellow. So do other things in the game.

DF teleports to you: Thats what makes players run and spread the spawn out. And a Sampire wants him next to him.

Sampire can do it easiest but groups of others can fight 3 darkfathers at a time and win.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Dragon Turtle still gives good loot- just not in mass quantities like Roof.

About half the legendaries I've kept have been off the turtle, but that's a factor of it's about 10 times easier on my shard to get people to help with a Turtle spawn in Eodon than to get everyone prepared for the Roof at the same time.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dragon Turtle still gives good loot- just not in mass quantities like Roof.

About half the legendaries I've kept have been off the turtle, but that's a factor of it's about 10 times easier on my shard to get people to help with a Turtle spawn in Eodon than to get everyone prepared for the Roof at the same time.
I pulled 5 legendaries from one turtle two nights ago and a spellweaving 3 on the eodon spawn. Unfortunately it takes me like 2 hours to solo it and it is very rare that you can get anyone else to join in, so not exactly the best use of time in game 2-3 people can clear the spawn and drop the turtle fairly fast though.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I pulled 5 legendaries from one turtle two nights ago and a spellweaving 3 on the eodon spawn. Unfortunately it takes me like 2 hours to solo it and it is very rare that you can get anyone else to join in, so not exactly the best use of time in game 2-3 people can clear the spawn and drop the turtle fairly fast though.
Yep - this, compared to 1-2 hours per person doing rooms to get to roof, and typically not doing 3 of the rooms in numbers more than 2 (armory, fountain, bar) because there's something buggy about the scaling code, to where a few minutes into that room 3, 4 or more people can get spawn levels that are reminiscent of the demon invasion of Britain that ended Beta. Hell, sometimes even 1-2 people get spawn levels and refills 2-3 times more spawn than normal. I think it might be from a room area being reused too quickly (there's a set of blank rooms that are used for overlays to create the individual rooms - sometimes you can even drop items from your pack in one room, and the items will still be sitting there in the next room).

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yep - this, compared to 1-2 hours per person doing rooms to get to roof, and typically not doing 3 of the rooms in numbers more than 2 (armory, fountain, bar) because there's something buggy about the scaling code, to where a few minutes into that room 3, 4 or more people can get spawn levels that are reminiscent of the demon invasion of Britain that ended Beta. Hell, sometimes even 1-2 people get spawn levels and refills 2-3 times more spawn than normal. I think it might be from a room area being reused too quickly (there's a set of blank rooms that are used for overlays to create the individual rooms - sometimes you can even drop items from your pack in one room, and the items will still be sitting there in the next room).
It sometimes seems to count pets as people... so if 2 tamers go in with two pets they aren't mounted on it counts it as 4 people entering. If 2 people go in with 2 pets but one person is mounted it's counted as 3 people... If two go in both mounted it's 2 people... FYI... What counts is how you enter the room.. like tripping the Guardian room in Doom... if you have 2 EVs out and trip the room it counts 3 people spawns 2 per person... however the fountain spawns 2 per person and the bell spawns 4 per person... I believe the Armory spawns 2 per person...

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
If I had a wish @Mesanna it would be to dial BACK on the spawn the DF's make in Doom, bring that spawn back to the days before, its almost impossible to do the Gauntlet as a Guild event, a party of ten, (tamers, bard, archers, swords) cannot beat the Df's and the spawn that comes from the DF. The Named Liches are the very worse down there. We normally schedule an event down there once a month, from 8 pm to 9 pm, and when we leave all the Df's are still standing and we are in a much need of repairs of our suits. You know I will swear that those DF's are all laughing at us for evening trying to come in as a guild.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
If I had a wish @Mesanna it would be to dial BACK on the spawn the DF's make in Doom, bring that spawn back to the days before, its almost impossible to do the Gauntlet as a Guild event, a party of ten, (tamers, bard, archers, swords) cannot beat the Df's and the spawn that comes from the DF. The Named Liches are the very worse down there. We normally schedule an event down there once a month, from 8 pm to 9 pm, and when we leave all the Df's are still standing and we are in a much need of repairs of our suits. You know I will swear that those DF's are all laughing at us for evening trying to come in as a guild.
In my opinion, it is much tougher than before. But, as a guild we have done it several times with 6-8 ppl. A guildie and I actually did it one day, with only 1 DF, with a tamer and pet, and a bard tamer and a pet. So it can be done. But yes, tougher than before.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
In my opinion, it is much tougher than before. But, as a guild we have done it several times with 6-8 ppl. A guildie and I actually did it one day, with only 1 DF, with a tamer and pet, and a bard tamer and a pet. So it can be done. But yes, tougher than before.
It is that spawn that kills everyone, the named Liches cannot be disco or prov, only the lower level monsters can be, I like to see a day that when we enter Doom to fight the Df's we won like in the days before they made that huge changed. Since the changed the spawn from the Dfs we only won once and it was with a very small party, but any party of ten with pets will only get death robes.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
It is that spawn that kills everyone, the named Liches cannot be disco or prov, only the lower level monsters can be, I like to see a day that when we enter Doom to fight the Df's we won like in the days before they made that huge changed. Since the changed the spawn from the Dfs we only won once and it was with a very small party, but any party of ten with pets will only get death robes.
We have had 3 DF's at once. Have y'all had more than 3? I can see more than 3 being pretty rough.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My vote for most Legendaries off a single Mob goes to. The Roof! But you have to do puzzles and kill other stuff before you get the last Boss.

Gorath

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I think that they need to make some other things viable to kill for good loot. That should be a focus of any new update.

cobb

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Maybe the loot for the Roof should be toned down in order to make other encounters in the game more viable in comparison.