• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Coming Back, Looking for Advice

G

Gingum

Hello, I'm a returning player after about 6ish years. Wondering if someone give me the heads up as to the status of the shards atm? Originally I was on Atlantic and at that time there were zero spots for housing, literally.

I guess I'd like to know which shards are overpopulated/low housing, which are deserted, and which are the happy medium. Doesn't have to be a comprehensive list, but just a point in the general direction would rock.

Thanx!
-Gingum

T

Tazar

Not sure about the details on other shards, but the Developers have stated several times that Atlantic is by far the most populous. Even with the population, if you are willing to spend a little time with the house placement tool, you can still find a decent sized plot here and there. There are also a lot of great people around Atlantic that are usually happy to help a new/returning player get started.

Good Luck and welcome back!

aulbrey

Journeyman
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
there is always room to build just a matter of a little time wandering around looking for the spots. oh and welcome back :)

S

Scratch

Hello, I'm a returning player after about 6ish years. Wondering if someone give me the heads up as to the status of the shards atm? Originally I was on Atlantic and at that time there were zero spots for housing, literally.

I guess I'd like to know which shards are overpopulated/low housing, which are deserted, and which are the happy medium. Doesn't have to be a comprehensive list, but just a point in the general direction would rock.

Thanx!
-Gingum

save your time and money and find another hobby
uo is a wreck and there isnt a bandaid in the world big enuff to fix it
if you do return i would suggest reading up on how to cheat
its what 90% of the remaining client base is doing

Kaj

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
save your time and money and find another hobby
uo is a wreck and there isnt a bandaid in the world big enuff to fix it
if you do return i would suggest reading up on how to cheat
its what 90% of the remaining client base is doing
Why don't you move to WoW or Conan if you dislike UO so much?

There's still thousands of people out there that enjoy UO and its community and do not resort to abusing game mechanics in order to have fun.

S

Scratch

Why don't you move to WoW or Conan if you dislike UO so much?

There's still thousands of people out there that enjoy UO and its community and do not resort to abusing game mechanics in order to have fun.

used to be 100's of thousands tho

G

Gingum

Well, I'm back on Atlantic, and I brought two r/l friends as well :thumbup1:

Aside from UO, after playing SWG, FFXI, WoW, and recently AoC, we've decided that sweet graphics are just not worth sacrificing game design and community(SWG was a nice UO clone, then they fubared it).

After six years, my characters need updating, hehe

3 Questions: Is there a rp pirate guild on Atlantic? How much gold(or 1st borns) do I need to buy *drool*Swords of Prosperity*drool* off someone? Is there anything good to farm that sells well for gold?

Thanx for your previous, and hopefully future, responses!

-Gingum

Lady Aalia

Atlantic's Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
here is a link to the RP boards, dear.

http://http://www.atlanticcommunityboard.com/forum/

as for the game , well aye its not 100's thousand players anymore but there is so many choices of games now.

And no UO is not all broke i still love it :)

Just watched hubby try AoC and we were VERY dissapointed.

Anyways welcome back and shoot me a line if you need anything :)

G

Gingum

Thank you for the response/s, and nifty link(definately good illegal work reading*shhh*:lol:)

Already feel at home again, found a 9x14 spot that the three of us share until we can make enough gold to buy something bigger.

Working skills that would never appear on any one "class" in any other game, but make for a great rp character here =)

Thanks for making us feel welcome!

-Gingum, Kastal, Arganol(SP?,hehe)

G

Gingum

Can someone explain gold skulls to me? We got 1000 bones turned them in and Killed the Bone Demon but no skull...?

T

Tazar

The gold skull should pop into your backpack once you click on the bone demon's corpse. One rule is that you can not leave the dungeon once he is summoned. Not sure if there are other things that will prevent you from getting the skull.

G

Gingum

Tyvm, yah my buddy who started the quest, left briefly and came back with supplies while the demon was alive.. oh well. Ty =)

G

Gingum

Any auction houses on ATL? I haven't seen them advertised here.

T

Tazar

While I am thinking about it...

Numerous players can collect the 1000 bones, and all do the quest at the same time with each player getting their own skull off of the same bone daemon. :)

I also have not seen much on Auction houses lately. Perhaps someone else here will know more...

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello, in response to your question about shards, I play on several other shards as well as Atlantic, and I would say Atlantic is one of the better ones. While you won't find an 18x18 just outside of Luna, there are spots to be found for a decent house. One of the better things about Atlantic is that there are people to do things with, and quite a few guilds that will help get you up to speed on all the new changes. Pretty much anything you want to buy or need can be found on this shard. Now if you want a big house, the hermit lifestyle, and soloing peerless, because there isn't anyone around to do it with, then there are several other shards to choose from. Maybe if you let us know what you want to do in UO, we can point you in the right direction as far as guilds to check out (Champ Spawns, Peerless Bosses, Role Playing, Crafting, PVPing, or just hanging out PMPing).

D

Devils_Reject

aye i just recently cam back to uo and atlantic and i am loving so much new stuff to do its quite the adventure and there are plenty of people to do stuff with in fact if u and your friends wanna do something sometime hit me up on icq 259-605-221

Sam the Scribe

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tyvm, yah my buddy who started the quest, left briefly and came back with supplies while the demon was alive.. oh well. Ty =)

Have your friends party to you. Not sure if that bypasses the enter/exit rule but you all will get a skull when the Bone Deamon dies. That is the safest bet. I cant remember if party members leaving reset the quest but definetly if the one that accepts the quest leaves... it's done. Just have em do some damage and stay alive.

Did that make any sense? I was doing that to sell the skulls for a while but seriously collecting the bones was too tedious to make it worth my time. Maybe I'm weird.

Safe Travels, Sam