• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Archery] Coming back after 6 years. Need advice

L

Lord Moridin

Hello, i just came back to the game today after 6 years.
I'm looking to make something for pvm and i have alittle gold and a few artifacts still.

I could really use some advice here as i have no idea whats good anymore.

I'm thinking i want a archer.

i have 100 archery on a ss(capped at 120)
110 anatomy
100 bushido
90 chiv
100 healing(120 cap)
110 tactics

stats are (250 cap)
100 str
120 dex
30 intel

I need advice on skill build and some advice on what equip to use i have a few artys but not sure if there what i need.
I have a quiver of infinity, crimson cincuture,jackels collar and a primer on arms dammage.
any advice would be great.

L

Lord Moridin

ok so looking around the forums for the last couple hours this sampire thing looks like the way to go.
There are a ton of diff posts and its hard to make sense out of them since ive been gone for so long.

so looking around it looks like
120 swords
120 bushido
120 parry
100 necro
120 anatomy?
or 120 tactics?
100 SS?
and fit 65 chiv in there?

any ideas here, ive never used necro so would have to learn alittle to play this.

S

Sturdy

I am not an expert but I had a similar character/situation. With soul stones you really dont need to make a either or decision. My experience is that sampires are great for specific encounters. You can customize your gear and skills depending on what you are fighting.

To really get the most out of a sampire you need to build up gear/skills for each encounter. It requires a lot of time and resources to get it just right.

The plain ABC archer is actually tuffer across a wider range of encounters. And is much cheaper in time to maintain. It can pvp a bit and is good for just poking around.

I suggest you first cap out your ABC skills then get the various sampire skills on stones. Once thats done you can experiment with the different bosses and identify what gear you need.

P

Pandaros

If you want to have archery rather than a melee skill, check out the ABC archer templates here on stratics. I don't have one but these guys are supposed to be good at pvm.

edit: well, sturdy got there first :)

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For an Archer I would recomend:

120 Archery (110 good till you afford scrolls)
120 Bushido (110 good till you afford scrolls)
80 Chivalry
100 Tac
100 Ana
100 Healing
100 Resist

Str 100/ Dex 125/ 30 Int(+20 mana if elf)

70`s resist, 40 lmc, + Stamina, & MR

Archers & Sampires both have their place. Doesen`t hurt to have both.

L

Lord Moridin

Zalan that looks like a decent build
should i use a hunters headdress?
if so i could go with
100 archery(120 with headdress) (caped at 120)
120 bushido (106 skill caped at 110)
80 chiv
100 tactics
100 resist
and then should i go with
120 anatomy (caped at 110)
or
120 healing (caped at 115)?
I have 100 str, 125 dex, 30 int(250 cap)

and as far as gear I have, Jackals collar, crimson cincture, fey leggins(im thinking no for this build), rune beetle carapace, quiver of infinity, guantlets of nobility, primer on arms damage, and then use the hunters headdress.
what should i replace/look for?
with those items and nothing else on i have
44/44/64/28/43.
109 str/148 dex/30intl.
120 health/148stam/60mana.

C

Connor_Graham

Connor Graham patented ABC Archer template-

120 Archery
120 Bushido
115 Tactics
100 Anatomy
100 Healing
90 Resist
75 Chivalry

Mana leech bows are a must. Suit should have MR, MI, SI, SSI, and LMC. 150 Dex with as much stamina as you can pack into your suit (good to get 180+ if you can). Mace & Shield glasses are worth the expense, ditch the Hunter's Headdress.