• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Come back Wilki, all is forgiven!

F

Fortyniner

I feel quite sure that Wilki would have addressed the issues that are clearly of great concern to the community right now, such as:

1) Can I get banned for buying something off a vendor or finding something in an IDOC that unknown to me was created illegally?

2) Why are people being punished for owning quivers that were made legally but due to a developer error came out wrong?

3) How come people are being suspended for giving out a URL that is on UO's official site?

I am not one of the regular EA bashers here, and as a software developer I'm sympathetic to many of their problems. But "community relations" right now is non-existent.

G

Gwendar-SP

He sure talked to us more. Guess EA doesn't realize how scarred folks are getting. Someone asked me the other day about the elf to human quest and I was scared to point them to a site with the info.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I take it you were never personally insulted by him. Or noticed his ignorance of the game. (He didn't know about arcane clothing, for example.)

Funny how when someone leaves, our memories get all rose-colored.

Jeremy was a lot better.....Until very recently, when she seems to have just....Shut down. (Referring only to her public persona, and her interaction with us, of course, as that's all I can speak for.)

Frankly it has me depressed and worried.

*shrugs*

But not enough that I'm willing to overlook reality. Or forget.

-Galen's player

B

BartofCats

Galen.. if you look at Wilki's FoF's... and compare them to Jeremys (and yes shes doing as good as she can) Wilki's were a lot more information coming from the boards, rather than down the pipe. If it went back to that format, getting the questions off the boards here then maybe people would stop griping.

As for OP's answer to #2
they are getting banned for using something that was not intended to be... IE a cheat or Exploit. Thats the reason for it. But instead of getting a warning and item deleted like they were doing, the people are getting banned.

C

canary

I take it you were never personally insulted by him. Or noticed his ignorance of the game. (He didn't know about arcane clothing, for example.)
Then perhaps YOU have forgotten that Jeremy didn't know the difference between a Spirit of the Totem and a Totem of the Void.

That said, overall Jeremy is a friendlier Community Rep than Wilki, though neither of them I think could be known as being 'great' at their job.

phantus

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wilki was awesome. He came from a time when the powers that be actually played UO.

K

kennykilleduo

Once again , don't let anyone tell you diffrent ( until a GREAT annoucement is made and product is in our game) , right now its all about WAR for EA / Mythic..

Case in point:

Lack of Community rep posts for last few months ?

Lack of Dev posts ?

Is Draconi alive or did he blow himself up ?

Last publish was: Publish 54 Jul 10 2008 3:56PM CST

http://update.uo.com/design_593.html

Velvathos

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If there was a person who I would love to have has a community coordinator, it would be someone by the nickname of Brannoc.... :)

Amber Moon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Once again , don't let anyone tell you diffrent ( until a GREAT annoucement is made and product is in our game) , right now its all about WAR for EA / Mythic..

Case in point:

Lack of Community rep posts for last few months ?

Lack of Dev posts ?

Is Draconi alive or did he blow himself up ?

Last publish was: Publish 54 Jul 10 2008 3:56PM CST

http://update.uo.com/design_593.html
This was my assessment as well that it is more then coincidence that WAR is in crunch time and the UO team has largely disappeared. Mythic isn't a huge company and resources are where you find them.

Please note that I don't really know anything about the actual situation. Just sayin'....

Landicine

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Then perhaps YOU have forgotten that Jeremy didn't know the difference between a Spirit of the Totem and a Totem of the Void.

That said, overall Jeremy is a friendlier Community Rep than Wilki, though neither of them I think could be known as being 'great' at their job.
To be fair, I mix up the various names of individual artifacts from time to time. Shadowdancer leggings and Leggings of Bane once I think. Also I will never remember individual properties. I think that's less problematic than forgetting a minor branch of the tailoring skill, though both mistakes are forgiveable. I learn something new in game every week.