• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Colored metal weapons vs colored wooden weapons, some love to the smiths are needed

G

See http://guide.uo.com/itemproperties_2.html

Wooden colored weapons get useful mods (Damage Increase, Swing Speed Increase, Hit Chance Increase, Hit Point Regeneration and Hit Life Leech)

Metal colored weapons only get this stupid element damages instead of mods like the wooden weapons
My smith gave up selling weapons when we got AoS

I would love to see changes to material bonus for metal weapons so they become worthy, if my colored metal weapons did get useful mods, I belive I could sell my weapon on Siege, special if made with lower end runic to make them a little better.

I'm not sure it is enough but maybe tweak it a little.

Here is an idea, that also would allow the crafters more control of what they get.
I only made it for weapon but it could be made for armor, shields and jevelry too.
No flames please, it's just an idea, not a demand.

Colored weapons will gain 1 randum Properties for the color

Valorite, Min. Intensity 30%, Max. Intensity 75%
hit slayer
hit spell effect

Verite, Min. Intensity 30%, Max. Intensity 75%
damage increase
swing speed increase
hit chance increase

Agapite, Min. Intensity 20%, Max. Intensity 60%
faster casting
mage weapon
spell channeling

Golden, Min. Intensity 20%, Max. Intensity 60%
lower requirements
luck
skill bonus

Bronze, Min. Intensity 20%, Max. Intensity 60%
hit life leech
hit stamina leech
hit mana leech
hit lower attack
hit lower defense

Copper, Min. Intensity 10%, Max. Intensity 50%
cold resist
energy resist
fire resist
physical resist
poison resist

Shadow, Min. Intensity 10%, Max. Intensity 50%
hit area effect
hit dispel
hit dmg. spell

Dull Copper, Min. Intensity 10%, Max. Intensity 50%
best weapon skill
damage conversion
def. increase
durability

Would work for wooden weapon too

Frostwood, Min. Intensity 30%, Max. Intensity 75%
hit slayer
hit spell effect
damage increase
swing speed increase
hit chance increase

Bloodwood, Min. Intensity 20%, Max. Intensity 60%
faster casting
mage weapon
spell channeling

Heartwood, Min. Intensity 20%, Max. Intensity 60%
hit life leech
hit stamina leech
hit mana leech
hit lower attack
hit lower defense

Yew, Min. Intensity 10%, Max. Intensity 50%
cold resist
energy resist
fire resist
physical resist
poison resist
hit area effect
hit dispel
hit dmg. spell

Ash, Min. Intensity 10%, Max. Intensity 50%
best weapon skill
damage conversion
def. increase
durability

Oak, Min. Intensity 20%, Max. Intensity 60%
lower requirements
luck
skill bonus

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe it don't need to be the ingots to change some extras on weapons or armor. Maybe the gems we mine up for that could be of any use too.

Like this you can enhance the weapons and armors with ingots for the right resists/elemental damage and enhanced them with gems for extra stuff.

I

imported_Heartseeker

Nice ideas Freja.

This game needs variety in usable armour and weapons.

Change the intensities across the board.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Maybe it don't need to be the ingots to change some extras on weapons or armor. Maybe the gems we mine up for that could be of any use too.

Like this you can enhance the weapons and armors with ingots for the right resists/elemental damage and enhanced them with gems for extra stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

That could be a way too but the gems are used for the recipts and I think that is fine. This element damage don't work for me, I never liked it.

G

Smiths definately need some love and attention they been unemployed nearly since AOS.

They also need to get rid of this too random randomisation for wood/ore/ etc.

They have turned craftables into nothing we make is as good as nor comparable to anything we *have to buy* like sami leggins helm expansion packs anniv. gifts buy its etc. or hours of time spent to get ingredients rare..random now ore and wood too rare random finds for what we NEED to make or could make if they got rid of all this bogging down of the system...with random rare game becomes longer work hours than rl work to make anything some times..frustrating the non scripting crafters till they leave UO.

And now it is more hours spent if ya do not script..to get the wood ore granite types one needs to make even........a shadow table, valorite candlabras or yes armors of metal being useful again in more realistic hues than neon mismatched foo foo arties and so forths which we can not make to any comparable %%%%.

Our smiths need their birthright given back to them, but till they losen up the ore finds............somewhat or it all won't matter...if all we mine up after dying to blackrock eles... is plain ore all the time ! They bogged down the entire crafting system..till they set it all free again...........
we spittin in the wind

G

I do like the randum spawn of ore and wood but I think the high levels become a little to rare now.

T

Terraxia

Im all for this idea and am very happy Freja got rid of that ugly KR avatar of hers.

G

Freija:

Dont you know a smith is not supposed to sell items? They are only good for repairs and filling bods. Now by doing that you can get a nice runic hammer and make something players would want to buy.

I am just kidding. I agree with you 100% that things need to be looked at. You make some excellent points.

Instead of all development time going into creating the next monster to be added that will give the people a week of logging in to get all they can from it, into something more long lasting to UO. Magnincia was a week or two where people went nuts--then what? Oh you want something to keep you coming back?

Sorry but the sadness that fills my heart looking at posts like this and others leaves me very negative.

G

I know the sadness you speak about, I feel it too.
It's about time they start to fix the game instead of bandage it with events like the Magnincia event and other events like that.
Craftters had been out of business sinse AoS. I miss when I was working in my shop, not doing foolish bods but filling orders from players and stocking my vendors with armor and weapons.
Even when Item Insurance may be bad for crafters, it was not what ruined my business on Siege as we never had Item Insurance, it was AOS and what came after with need for peerless items and runic tools.

G

I always thought the magic jewelry creation system should just apply to all crafting. That being a random property roll, with a super low chance of uberness.

It would lead to actual crafting being done.

Spree

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Make spells on weapons take charges that can be refilled with spell scrolls so Inscriptionist get some work.

Let tinkers take enhance jewelery by taking 2 ring or brackets and combining them in to one. If they fail the jewelery is destroyed difficulty based on number of properties and intensities.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think what we all would like to see is that no matter how you do it. Is that a crafter has more control over what they want to make.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Make spells on weapons take charges that can be refilled with spell scrolls so Inscriptionist get some work.

Let tinkers take enhance jewelery by taking 2 ring or brackets and combining them in to one. If they fail the jewelery is destroyed difficulty based on number of properties and intensities.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is nice ideas too, I like them

the 4th man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
neon mismatched foo foo arties
----------------------------------
love it.....lol....too funny.....good one!!

K

Kith Kanan

Good idea Freja IF they will stack with runic properties , I will not have a possible 100 % mod blocked by a lower mod from the ingots , and I would like to see ANY runic control of the applied mods first also
getting luck , mageweapon or SC when trying to make a weapon for my dexxor is ThA SuCk !!!

G

I like the ideas...... would sure help the poor smith... Seriously needs an update that's for sure.

G

I believe they stated that they are doing something similar to this when/if Stygian Abyss comes out. Stygian Abyss is/was supposed to be a expansion mainly aimed at crafters. They stated they were gonna change some of the properties that Metal gives and make it similar to Wood.

Someone mentioned that 100% Weapons are useless. Not True. Some of the best PvM weapons i have are 100% Elemental Damage and Slayer, if something is both a Slayer and hits the Slayer type in their weakest Resist, i call it a Weapon of Bane. These weapons can rip right through their intended targets like a hot knife through butter without having to waste Mana on Consecrate Weapon, and some templates do not even have Chivalry for Con Wep, so it's very useful. Not TOO hard to make a 100% Fire Silver-Etched Mace if you use a half-decent Runic Hammer with Bronze Ingots. Some examples of Weapons of Bane are...

Soul Seeker: Repond Slayer and 100% Cold. Weapon of Bane against Ratmen, Ratman Archers, Ratman Mages, Orcs, Orc Lords, Orc Bombers, Orc Mages, Orc Brutes, Savage Shamans, Evil Mages, Evil Mage Lords, Ogres, Ogre Lords, Cyclopean Warriors, Titans.

Exiler: Demon Slayer and 100% Energy. Weapon of Bane against Horde Minions, Chaos Daemons, Molochs, Ravagers, Fan Dancers, Gargoyles, Gargoyle Enforcers, Gargoyle Destroyers, Balrons, Bone Daemons, Semidar.

Staff of Pyros: Undead Slayer and 100% Fire. Weapon of Bane against Zombies, Skeletons, Bogles, Ghouls, Shades, Spectres, Wraiths, Skeletal Knights, Bone Knights, Skeletal Mages, Bone Magis, Skeletal Steeds, Mummies, Revenant Lions, Ladies of the Snow, Rotting Corpses, Dark Guardians, Liches, Lich Lords, Ancient Liches, Sir Patrick, Darknight Creepers.

So basically, a Staff of Pyros (Or 100% Fire Silver-Etched Mace) is a Weapon of Bane against 90% of Undead. I have a good Silver-Etched Mace on my Macer, it has Undead Slayer/28% Stam Leech/15% SSI/38% Dam Inc and 100% Fire Damage.

G

Now I'm born in PvP land and my shop was in PvP land so my customers was mainly PvP players. Maybe that's why this 100% Weapons are useless for me.

I just want good crafted weapons and armor and I want it to break or get lost to keep the smiths busy.

I do hope SA will bring some of this but I do not have much faith left.

E

eolsunder1

You just restated my post. Most of those weapons you list are NOT player made, they are given out in the game as arties, minors, etc. Just like I said.

G

You would think that 100% Fire or 100% Poison Weps would sell well on Siege, since Corpse Skin lowers those resists and most people wear GM Armslore GM Armor there. Possible to make 100% Element Weps with a DC Runic Hammer, and making 100% Fire isn't that uncommon if you use Bronze Ingots.

G

<blockquote><hr>

You would think that 100% Fire or 100% Poison Weps would sell well on Siege, since Corpse Skin lowers those resists and most people wear GM Armslore GM Armor there. Possible to make 100% Element Weps with a DC Runic Hammer, and making 100% Fire isn't that uncommon if you use Bronze Ingots.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would not think it but sure I can't know, my smith was out of business with AoS. I don't think the affort to try to make 100% weapons are worth it on Siege. I know, on my bow I want hit lightning, SS, DI, SC, HLD or other mods like that. I would never choose one of this neon weapons because they won't do me any good.